• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Serious question for the family lol

If Death Stranding and The Last Of Us 2 are indeed releasing November and early 2020... Sony must have something gargantuan to launch alongside the PS5 right? I don't care if it's 1st/2nd/3rd party but I know they value the power of an exclusives so right now my head is spinning?

Unless of course TLOU2 is a PS5 launch title?

giphy.gif

They'll go with the lady that fights robo dino's with a bow and arrow.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Does anyone else think it's really weird that Sony is releasing Death Stranding in November and TLoU2 early next year or is it just me? It feels like they should have their dates swapped.
I dunno man, I always felt TLOU2 would cook as long as it was needed and Sony has been releasing their biggest titles outside holiday season with success.

Also if I'm allowed to speculate a bit there is probably more pressure on Kojima to show his new team can actually deliver on time.

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like Kojima already had the idea for this game in place and just needed and engine. It seems like Decima REALLY sped things up.

Sawzer

Nov 5, 2017
In the first year or so of PS5 we can possibly get Horizon 2, a few games from Japan Studio (including one from genDESIGN), Demon Souls, R&C, GT7, Housemarque new IP. Bright future indeed

Sawzer

Nov 5, 2017
Curious to see how BB2 will come along if it is being developed by SIEJ internally (maybe with support from FROM, who knows)

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
In the first year or so of PS5 we can possibly get Horizon 2, a few games from Japan Studio (including one from genDESIGN), Demon Souls, R&C, GT7, Housemarque new IP. Bright future indeed
Also don't forget Spider-Man and God of War 2. Spider-Man especially might come out sooner than expected due to the amount of stuff Insomniac can reuse.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet Ghost of Tsushima gets marketed as a PS5 game which also runs on PS4, is ready for launch. They'll definitely have Horizon 2 announced by the time the system launches but I bet it won't be ready till Spring 2021.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
would a November Release of DS collide with the Game of the Year Awards? or generally GOTY Awards that other Magazines give

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony had a record year last year with GOW and Spiderman. You know they need to have something this physical year otherwise the financial statements won't look as good. Getting both TLOU2 and DS to release within next physical year will help that, provided that both games are done right.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Last year's Game Awards had a deadline of November 16, so if the November 8 release date is real Death Stranding is good.

phew, thats good !
To be honest, there is nothing so far in 2019 that really stands out as a serious GOTY Contender (compared to the last years when we had GOW, BOTW, Witcher)

the best year for Kojima to swipe those awards

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Nice. My personal prediction since E3 2018 was always Death Stranding in September 2019 (even though it looks like im off by two months), Ghost of Tsushima in February 2020 and The Last of Us Part II in June 2020 after E3 so it can be PS4's swan song. Sticking with this overall prediction until all three games are released.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Since people are talking about launch games, this is Sony's history with launch games on their consoles in the US

PSone
Battle Arena Toshinden
ESPN Extreme Games
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
The Raiden Project

PS2
FantaVision

PS3
Genji: Days of the Blade
NBA 07
Resistance: Fall of Man
Blast Factor

PS4
Flower
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun

Launches have never really been a good spot for Sony from a first party standpoint. With how quiet some of their studios have been for some years, plus them working with outside studios, hopefully they can fix that with the PS5.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
long ago I among others speculated that the release order would be DS, TLOU, then GoT

but I switched/swapped the first two spots due to multiple convincing posts lol

should've stuck to it to gain bragging rights

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.twitch.tv

PlayStation - Twitch

The Official PlayStation Twitch Channel.

107,000 people watching the PlayStation Twitch right now and there's no trailer yet lol!

They're showing new things in the background too, gameplay and cutscenes.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Sony had a record year last year with GOW and Spiderman. You know they need to have something this physical year otherwise the financial statements won't look as good. Getting both TLOU2 and DS to release within next physical year will help that, provided that both games are done right.

It is called a fiscal year, not a physical year

long ago I among others speculated that the release order would be DS, TLOU, then GoT

but I switched/swapped the first two spots due to multiple convincing posts lol

should've stuck too it to brag lol

No one could ever know for sure, but thats the order that I saw and wanted. The Last of Us II coming this year would have been very weird given the magnitude of the game. Naughty Dog deserves all the time they can get and I believe Sony would easily give it to them to make the game as good as possible.

2020 is going to be a very important year as it is, so best they have TLOU2 set to make a splash for PlayStation

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Since people are talking about launch games, this is Sony's history with launch games on their consoles in the US

PSone
Battle Arena Toshinden
ESPN Extreme Games
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
The Raiden Project

PS2
FantaVision

PS3
Genji: Days of the Blade
NBA 07
Resistance: Fall of Man
Blast Factor

PS4
Flower
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun

Launches have never really been a good spot for Sony from a first party standpoint. With how quiet some of their studios have been for some years, plus them working with outside studios, hopefully they can fix that with the PS5.

It's amazing, really. Hopefully the success of Breath of the Wild in selling Switches is seen as an example of how to do it right.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'll be damned. I genuinely did not think any of the big three would hit this year. Happy to be wrong!

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Trolling has already started by the way.

TLOU PT 2 concern cycle will be something else. Probably the biggest ever.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the full trailer.

Yeah, that's some Kojima-ass shit right there lol. But I'm in though, seems to be a perilous road trip.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
After seeing the Death Stranding trailer I'm scared as to what Horizon will look on PS5. Shit is going to be insane.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I mean shit if DS is ready to go out this year. Horizon 2 being a PS5 launch title is not out of the realm of possibility.
It feels like it was yesterday Kojima was hunting for engine with Cerny XD

would a November Release of DS collide with the Game of the Year Awards? or generally GOTY Awards that other Magazines give
Geoff would delay the entire awards just for his BFF XD

Shame TLOU2 couldn't be this year. It would've swept GOTY and been the most awarded game of all time no doubt. A 2020 release puts it up against Cyberpunk which is going to be hard enough to beat. Not to mention whatever Nintendo, Microsoft and third party next gen games have to offer.
Nah, TLOU beat GTA V and GOW beat RDR2. Cyberpunk and rest are the one's that are going to have a hard time :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.