• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
They must be cooking something for the PS5. Remember when ND studios visited SpaceX years ago? Imo they were doing research. Can't wait for the inevitable Savage Starlight reveal trailer in E3 2020.
Yeah, would still love to see them do scifi next.

While that will remain true (even after official reveal) I do find the following line in the pci-id list for Ariel interesting given that Mark Cerny in Wired did talk about significant audio hardware horsepower:
Yeah, this was very cool.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Do you think that the Cory's new IP will be in full production after GOW 2 or it's a completely different team?

Cory is probably working on both rn, I hope he's not overloaded

I mean chances are Cory isn't directing GOW 2. He's probably providing oversight as a creative director while someone else is the game director like Jaffe did on the originals.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Bend is already hiring for their next game.

We are seeking a Producer who will be relied upon to collaborate with senior producers, creative leads, and studio directors to develop, maintain and execute on project planning for your teams. You are the strategic thinker for your team, get out front and lead. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of project management, communication skills and a passion for making games. Help us create our next AAA title that will set the PS4 apart from the rest!

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Idk where ppl are getting the idea lol, all Cory did was express interest, the studio still isn't big enough to be working on two projects. He may have interest but I bet Sony is pushing the studio to make a sequel to a game that's likely sold over 10 mil.

They are hiring a lot (this is from October 2018)

9IBdE2M.jpg

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
PS4..? I feel like studios should be able to reference PS5 or "next-gen PlayStation" in job postings. The description is probably copy and pasted though.

Yeah, I don't think they'll mention the next console on a job description. But it wouldn't be something out of this world if this was a cross-gen game. It's something I hope will not happen, but it's possible that Sony will continue to release games on PS4 for another year or two after the PS5 release.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Idk where ppl are getting the idea lol, all Cory did was express interest, the studio still isn't big enough to be working on two projects. He may have interest but I bet Sony is pushing the studio to make a sequel to a game that's likely sold over 10 mil.
The idea comes from tweets from Ducan Jones: https://www.gamepur.com/news/36719-cory-barlog-game-bigger-magnum-opus-god-war.html
Also, Santa Monica is big enough to make a sequel and have a small team to a new game. Remember that they're hiring a lot lately too. Plus, I think Sony would allow a new IP from Cory. SSM can't be a GoW studio forever, they need to have something to do when GoW takes a break.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If ND announces a sci-fi game I'll be over the moon. Them and From are the two devs I'd love to see a sci-fi game from the most.
I want from to do a literal rip-off or adaptation of Aposimz, https://kodanshacomics.com/series/aposimz/. I'd love to see what Miyazaki and co. could do with Armored Core as well. From Naughty Dog, I'd want something like Dredd, where people live in the few large, centralized cities that act as sanctuary from the wastes of war outside their walls. Cities stretch to the heavens with the lower rungs of society living in the bowels of the city, still using modern technology while residing in favelas. As you literally move up the city, you see your location based upon the technology and housing the people possess until you reach the "cream" of society with their flying cars and floating habitats. The world is literally made of levels.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, I don't think they'll mention the next console on a job description. But it wouldn't be something out of this world if this was a cross-gen game. It's something I hope will not happen, but it's possible that Sony will continue to release games on PS4 for another year or two after the PS5 release.

Well technically bend still working on PS4 content aren't they ?
If I'm not mistaken they are working on Days Gone DLC or did I created this because I need more Days Gone ?

Oct 25, 2017
The source is a very reliable insider for amd and things of that nature. It's the only reason I posted the info.

That is a reliable source of hard info, but if they admit they are just speculating on what actual product that information is connected to. I'm not discrediting them. Just saying don't take it as fact when people use those specs.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
They are hiring a lot (this is from October 2018)

9IBdE2M.jpg
There's always turnover after a project releases, they could just be hiring to fill those losses. I hope they are working on a new IP, trust me, I just don't wanna see folks get their hopes up or be mislead when there's no proof to go off of, it's pure speculation but I can see how some may get confused by what they read around here.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
The idea comes from tweets from Ducan Jones: https://www.gamepur.com/news/36719-cory-barlog-game-bigger-magnum-opus-god-war.html
Also, Santa Monica is big enough to make a sequel and have a small team to a new game. Remember that they're hiring a lot lately too. Plus, I think Sony would allow a new IP from Cory. SSM can't be a GoW studio forever, they need to have something to do when GoW takes a break.
I undoubtedly agree that eventually we'll get a new IP, I just see some talking about as if it's beem confirmed to be their next project when there's no proof to go off of, even that article I provided doesn't state it's a new IP.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Barlog outright said they want to get games out faster. They're why they've been hiring, bulking up.

Same for most other Sony studios, really. Beyond having a small team doing exploratory work/pre-production, it's pretty doubtful any of them are actually in full dev with two teams.

Managing two independent teams on two simultaneous projects is extremely hard. You almost always end up diverting resources to help up with the project that will inevitably fall behind. ND went through exactly that, several other studios that have tried it had same happen to them. I have seen it first hand with my own team (in advertising, though, not game dev).

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If ND announces a sci-fi game I'll be over the moon. Them and From are the two devs I'd love to see a sci-fi game from the most.
Honestly I think I'd die. Ever since the Savage Starlight stuff, I've wanted a sci-fi thing from Naughty Dog so much I might have had a dream about it lol!
Spider-Man 2 is probably in development and a second team (they have 2 studios) is working on a second project (probably R&C)

Yah, I'm sure Sony knows Spider-Man 2 alone would have the power to sell the millions of PS5's. Says a lot too that Spider-Man was chosen to show off PS5 load times.

I want more sci-fi games on PlayStation, which reminds me..

Y0NkiJq.gif

eCMeamd.gif

1Xwsqiz.gif

Last edited:

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Honestly I think I'd die. Ever since the Savage Starlight stuff, I've wanted a sci-fi thing from Naughty Dog so much I might have had a dream about it lol!

Yah, I'm sure Sony knows Spider-Man 2 alone would have the power to sell the millions of PS5's. Says a lot too that Spider-Man was chosen to show off PS5 load times.

I want more sci-games on PlayStation, which reminds me..

Y0NkiJq.gif

eCMeamd.gif

1Xwsqiz.gif
I just noticed you can shoot their heads off

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Same. Give us Savage Starlight or some other intergalactic cinematic space epic. I'd love some sort of galaxy and universe spanning detective or police style duo game. They do partner narratives so well (Joel and Ellie, Nate and Sully, Chloe and Nadine etc) already, and I personally always find the interplay between these characters more enjoyable, interesting and rewarding than pure prolonged silence when the focus is only on a single character.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Give us Savage Starlight or some other intergalactic cinematic space epic. I'd love some sort of galaxy and universe spanning detective or police style duo game. They do partner narratives so well (Joel and Ellie, Nate and Sully, Chloe and Nadine etc) already, and I personally always find the interplay between these characters more enjoyable, interesting and rewarding than pure prolonged silence when the focus is only on a single character.

We need Cowboy Bebop type game from ND, only dev I think can nail a game like that imho

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I want more sci-fi games on PlayStation, which reminds me..

Y0NkiJq.gif

eCMeamd.gif

1Xwsqiz.gif
Last 2 gifs remind me of the Order 1886

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Manfred - you can also tap the top of the Pro when it's doing the initial disc read and that solves the problem.

I want new IPs out the wazzoo, not old ones being remade. I find this endless backward-looking kinda depressing. New characters, new settings & new stories.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
So, Kenichiro Takaki (General Manager of Console Games Division on Cygames and producer of Project Awakening) said that the reveal trailer is actual gameplay footage running on a PlayStation 4 and not a cutscene.

giphy.gif

This is likely a PS5 game now. Recent interview stating that Project Awakening is long way off and they still don't have final name for the game.

fextralife.com

Project Awakening Interview with Cygames

Cygames shared their vision for their upcoming action RPG fantasy title Project Awakening, with a scope comparable to Skyrim with co-op, more details here!

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Why should that not be possible at least with a pro ?

The fight against the dragon looks impressive but it's a small area where Cygames can focus full on the dragon.
When I look at the amazing Horizon Frozen Wild open world graphics, I have no big doubts about Project Awakening.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
It is supposed to support up to 12 players online i just...couldn't see this running on current gen hardware with impressive graphics like on this trailer.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
I undoubtedly agree that eventually we'll get a new IP, I just see some talking about as if it's beem confirmed to be their next project when there's no proof to go off of, even that article I provided doesn't state it's a new IP.

Cory said in a interview with Skill Up, that he wanted to pitch a new ip at Sony and obviously their next game is GOW but after that maybe we will see a new ip from Santa Monica.

Oct 25, 2017
I want from to do a literal rip-off or adaptation of Aposimz, https://kodanshacomics.com/series/aposimz/. I'd love to see what Miyazaki and co. could do with Armored Core as well. From Naughty Dog, I'd want something like Dredd, where people live in the few large, centralized cities that act as sanctuary from the wastes of war outside their walls. Cities stretch to the heavens with the lower rungs of society living in the bowels of the city, still using modern technology while residing in favelas. As you literally move up the city, you see your location based upon the technology and housing the people possess until you reach the "cream" of society with their flying cars and floating habitats. The world is literally made of levels.

That's a really cool idea for a setting.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
My theory after I discovered SIEE creative director in Redhill on LinkedIn:

Sony closed Liverpool Studio in 2012.

"Unconfirmed reports state that Liverpool Studio was working on two PlayStation 4 titles when it was shutdown. The first was a next-gen WipEout, that was said to be "dramatically different" from past games in the series. The other was an unannounced "Splinter Cell-style game" that used motion capture technology similar to LA Noire."

Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe trademarked Syphon Filter for nearly two years ago. Not America.

I think action stealth team was moved to Redhill because the location was much cheaper than Liverpool. WipeOut team got axed and action stealth team was working on an original IP that was too similar to Syphon Filter in a refreshing way. They scrapped it and gave them Syphon Filter instead.

"BREAKING NEWS! UK is making games"

Plus Redhill is in Surrey which is close to Guildford (Media Molecule). London is also close to Surrey which is where SIEE HQ and London Studio operates.

I understand why they opened a VR studio in Manchester which is close to XDEV and it's cheaper to make VR games.

Cambridge is also a expensive location if your games don't even break which what Sony Cambridge was caused by with Primal and Ghosthunter. 24: Game was not even profitable to make with all actors like Keith Sutherland you paid. Katie Lea got married with Chris Sorrell and they moved to Canada. James Shepherd left the studio and so did Jason Wilson to write comics under JayGunn. That was the final nail in the coffin for the studio when it comes to create new things and you were left with none creative director.

Sony Cambridge become an assistant studio for Heavenly Sword and Killzone 2. Some small team worked on LBP for PSP and TV Superstars for PS3 with PS Moves. Even Sony understood this studio was weak and they merged them with Guerrilla Games. Nothing helped. Close this pointless studio in 2017 which is only eating up resources.

Sony Liverpool was pointless as well until I heard about a action stealth team. Where did they come from? This studio has only been a WipeOut and F1 factory up to PS3. WipeOut team is the original Psygnosis staff and the action stealth team must be completely new. The picture on the creative director on LinkedIn was probably in that team. I have never seen him before. They even used motion capture technology similar to LA Noire which Sony Liverpool or Psygnosis was never known for.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
My theory after I discovered SIEE creative director in Redhill on LinkedIn:

Sony closed Liverpool Studio in 2012.

"Unconfirmed reports state that Liverpool Studio was working on two PlayStation 4 titles when it was shutdown. The first was a next-gen WipEout, that was said to be "dramatically different" from past games in the series. The other was an unannounced "Splinter Cell-style game" that used motion capture technology similar to LA Noire."

Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe trademarked Syphon Filter for nearly two years ago. Not America.

I think action stealth team was moved to Redhill because the location was much cheaper than Liverpool. WipeOut team got axed and action stealth team was working on an original IP that was too similar to Syphon Filter in a refreshing way. They scrapped it and gave them Syphon Filter instead.

"BREAKING NEWS! UK is making games"

Plus Redhill is in Surrey which is close to Guildford (Media Molecule). London is also close to Surrey which is where SIEE HQ and London Studio operates.

I understand why they opened a VR studio in Manchester which is close to XDEV and it's cheaper to make VR games.

Cambridge is also a expensive location if your games don't even break which what Sony Cambridge was caused by with Primal and Ghosthunter. 24: Game was not even profitable to make with all actors like Keith Sutherland you paid. Katie Lea got married with Chris Sorrell and they moved to Canada. James Shepherd left the studio and so did Jason Wilson to write comics under JayGunn. That was the final nail in the coffin for the studio when it comes to create new things and you were left with none creative director.

Sony Cambridge become an assistant studio for Heavenly Sword and Killzone 2. Some small team worked on LBP for PSP and TV Superstars for PS3 with PS Moves. Even Sony understood this studio was weak and they merged them with Guerrilla Games. Nothing helped. Close this pointless studio in 2017 which is only eating up resources.

Sony Liverpool was pointless as well until I heard about a action stealth team. Where did they come from? This studio has only been a WipeOut and F1 factory up to PS3. WipeOut team is the original Psygnosis staff and the action stealth team must be completely new. The picture on the creative director on LinkedIn was probably in that team. I have never seen him before. They even used motion capture technology similar to LA Noire which Sony Liverpool or Psygnosis was never known for.
Thanks, very interesting.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Ready At Dawn is incredibly talented with detail like that, yeah. It would annoy me if Sony doesn't work with them again. The Order had some of the most satisfying gunplay I've seen in a game. Blowing off enemy limbs just felt cool.
I agree, but I really think that bridge has been burnt. And that's coming from someone who actually loves The Order 1886. The game gets a lot of unnecessary hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.