SIE Worldwide Studios |OT5| It's backwards compatible with |OT4|

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Sony 1st party games price drop pretty quick in a year. I think it's reasonable to add older games to PSNow. Sony need to decide whether PS Now want to be a steaming service, or game subscription service like gamepass. I know it's both. but right now, people are dismissing PS Now streaming as outdated nowhere as good as MS and Google solution. and many people still don't know that you can download ps4 games now and are not stuck with streaming.

so Sony really need to either greatly improve their streaming tech and get the word out. or Sony could focus on the download games subscription aspect like Gamepass. focus on getting more ps4 games whether it's indie games or older ps4 titles, including 1st party games on PS Now download list.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017

Last of Us 2
Feb 2020
Standard Edition, Special Edition, Collectors Edition, Ellie Edition

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018

Last of Us 2
Feb 2020
Holy shit, I've been waiting for this for so long!! (As others have). But I know these will go incredibly quick, and I'll have to be right on the trigger. I wonder if Ellie edition will contain everything the other editions have. I don't want to feel pressed to buy more than 1 edition. Which I would never ever contemplate, but this is TLoU 2!!

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018

Last of Us 2
Feb 2020
Zhuge is there any other info you can see or have been told, as to when we could hear an announcement? Usually these things come with a trailer, but it would give me an advanced notice when to be ready. I mean I'll have to put money in the bank!

Mikey Jr.

Oct 25, 2017

Last of Us 2
Feb 2020
I wonder if 2020 was a release date based on dev time or just death stranding releasing in November.

Having said that, GOTY 2020 will be a literal bloodbath. If TLOU 2 released this year, it would have taken literally all the GOTYs lol.

Man, this gen going out with a fucking bang next year.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I wonder if 2020 was a release date based on dev time or just death stranding releasing in November.

Having said that, GOTY 2020 will be a literal bloodbath. If TLOU 2 released this year, it would have taken literally all the GOTYs lol.
It was based on that interview with Ashley Johnson where she slipped "Feb..." until she realized she was leaking stuff about TLOU pt 2.

Oct 29, 2017
Daaaaaaaaahhh, I missed all the fun with Zhuge & Part II!

At least, now all I need is confirmation, new gameplay trailers & maybe next State of Play.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil

Last of Us 2
Feb 2020
Good to have more confirmation of that release date, seems pretty set on February by now. I just want to see more of it already. When is the next SoP Sony?? Ffs.

Wonder if TLoU will come out before or after the PS5 announcement...
Yeah I am wondering the same thing. Usually Sony does the PS Meeting thing for hardware reveals in January right? Or if they reveal the PS5 in this years PSX, it would be in December. In both cases it would be before the release of TLOU2. Interested to see how they handle all this. Maybe they will treat it like a straight up cross gen title.

nolifebr

Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Wonder if TLoU will come out before or after the PS5 announcement...
I think one or two weeks after. The launch trailer (or maybe a PS5 trailer) may appear on stage at the PS5 reveal event. Sony might start the event focusing on the PS4, talking about sales, games that still have to come out and etc, like they did on the PS4 event.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
What if the game's launch trailer is simultaneously also the game's PS5 reveal trailer?
I see you took care of the PS4 subreddit, I got the TLoU sub lol. Not even about anything for me besides informing the TLoU sub to "be prepared" because these will go quick. Not that I expect these to be announced tomorrow or anything though

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Like what the hell? TLoU2 releasing literally weeks before FFVIIR? Too close together, one needs to be moved up to Q2 2020

Kyser73

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia

This's what many people here suggested. Sounds like a good compromises.
I was posting this stuff over a year ago. PSNow is the most obvious channel to push ‘NowPass’ through.

My main idea that was different here was for annual subscribers to have an optional premium on a month that a big tent pole release came out that gave the options of a months rental or discounted ownership over that title. This encourages annual subs & monetises new releases directly.

You’d see howls from places like Era sure, and team green would crow on, but for the kind of consumer used to PPV TV offerings I think you’d see a market.

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I will take one of each. I got the post pandemic edition so I will spare no expense on this series.