• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
But the E3 2018 trailer does have it. And considering that the recent Days Gone trailers also didn't have the "Only on PlayStation" I'm just gonna ignore it and just assume it's Sony being inconsistent for no reason.

Then there was this "Only on Playstation" trailer from two months ago:

26NLMpq.png

No Death Stranding. Yes, no Dreams either, but it's a niche title compared to those games in the trailer. DS should be there.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Good to know that Ape Escape 4 is finally coming.

I don't know how a new Ape Escape or remaster hasn't already happened. Surely Sony has seen how well fans received Ratchet, Crash and Spyro. The fanbase loves those classic platformers. And AE makes people really nostalgic because for many it was the first game they ever played with a Dual Shock.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

26NLMpq.png

No Death Stranding. Yes, no Dreams either, but it's a niche title compared to those games in the trailer. DS should be there.

This is the weirdest one, GoT is in there but Death Stranding is not and it's coming before GoT; why lol

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
its funny how people only care about labels, but ignore the most obvious and important fact from a legal standpoint!

Jesus...this is gonna be the new hot topic for the next 2 years right?

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
its funny how people only care about labels, but ignore the most obvious and important fact from a legal standpoint!

Too bad Kojima/Sony are intentionally avoiding the topic.

Heck, even some on Era insiders would probably be privy as to whether it's coming to PC or not, but they ain't saying a peep~~~

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

I think that's because Sony IPs like Journey and Detroit are actually coming to PC, that's why a lot of people brush of the legal standpoint and the trademark.
If Quantic Dreams games and Journey were available only on PS4 i doubt we'd have these discussions.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Its crazy and annoying, they ignore pretty mcuh every single thing including them using Sony own damn engine I never seen this crap before to this level.

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017

26NLMpq.png

I mean, sure, I don't know why it's not there, but then you also have this from the recent Sony IR day.

CcpOlQ6.png

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I legit don't think them using GG engine is that big of a deal.
That's what you think. Sony wouldn't set up a satellite Kojima Productions studio at Guerilla Games, if the game would be coming to PC. For all we know, Kojima Productions could be officially part of SIE WWS since 2016.

Last edited:

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is another point that's going to make Sony care less about traditional gaming shows? They just started a Twitch stream for DS that ended up getting around 200k concurrent viewers. They trailers already hit the point where Youtuber stops the public view count to make sure the views are legit. The entire industry is talking about it. And it's currently trending #2 with Kojima at #3 on Twitter.

Think this proves 100% you don't need a E3 or State of Play to show off big stuff if you hype it in advance like Kojima Productions and Sony did before hand.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every fucking time people start talking about Death Stranding..... like every time. SMMFH.
Agreed. Supermassive used it (before it was branded Decima) and they're not even releasing their Until Dawn followup game as an exclusive.
? Because Until Dawn is a Sony IP on a Sony engine and the "Man of Medan" game isn't a Sony game and isn't on a Sony engine.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
If the game comes out on PC, great, more people can play it.

But:
Death Stranding is a IP funded and published by SIE - they most certainly own the rights to it and are the IP Holders. Its a first party game like every other one (God of War, Uncharted, Spiderman, Ratchet and Clank)
You have the trademarks, the Sony owned Engine...i think thats a better standpoint, than just some labels.

We have this dicussion every time and it's getting annoying. Even if there is a PC version, we will probably not know until 1-2 years later.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
That's what you think. Sony would set up a satellite Kojima Productions studio at Guerilla Games, if the game would be coming to PC. For all we know, Kojima Productions could be officially part of SIE WWS since 2016.
I guarantee you that such news would have been leaked/announced ages ago if it had happened.

Also, KojiPro are independent.

They haven't hinted that their partnership with Sony is anything more than just that.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If the game comes out on PC, great, more people can play it.

But:
Death Stranding is a IP funded and published by SIE - they most certainly own the rights to it and are the IP Holders. Its a first party game like every other one (God of War, Uncharted, Spiderman, Ratchet and Clank)
You have the trademarks, the Sony owned Engine...i think thats a better standpoint, than just some labels.

We have this dicussion every time and it's getting annoying. Even if there is a PC version, we will probably not know until 1-2 years later.
^^^

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
An interesting question I suppose is if Kojima intends for Death Stranding to become a franchise in the future, especially with how Sony owns the trademark for it.

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Supermassive used it (before it was branded Decima) and they're not even releasing their Until Dawn followup game as an exclusive.

Until Dawn and Rush of Blood were the only games they made using Decima. Everything since Rush of Blood has used and is using Unreal Engine 4. It isn't like they are using Decima for the Man of Medan.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Sony going all out for this it seems
And one more thing – Sony Interactive Entertainment and Sony Music Entertainment have partnered to create a full album of all-new, original music inspired by Death Stranding. Stay tuned to our official channels for details on Death Stranding: Timefall (Original Music from the World of Death Stranding).

I am excited for you to experience the cinematic adventure of Death Stranding. See you in November!

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Think this proves 100% you don't need a E3 or State of Play to show off big stuff if you hype it in advance like Kojima Productions and Sony did before hand.

If they decide to reveal Part II's date in a similar fashion, then I can see them doing a Twitch stream that's similar to the reveal trailer. Except just have a still camera shot of Ellie playing a guitar while we wait for the trailer to drop.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
If Death Stranding is going to Sony's premiere multiplayer franchise going forward, then it makes sense to have a PC version as well.

You're going to want a massive install base for online-centric multiplayer games.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
And the only way I really see big Playstation exclusives hitting PC is through PSNOW streaming
At least ones developed/published by first/second party studios

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they go with a Yoji Shinkawa boxart eventually, none of this boring bland Spider-Man PS4 shit please :/

Status
Not open for further replies.