• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Why would they have a TLOU2 GameInformer coverage before Death Stranding? Makes no sense to me
Imagine a SoP announcement Monday next week, by Thursday or Friday we get another trailer and release date for Part II as well as a release date for concrete genie. Then a couple weeks later GI reveals Part II as their cover. If the games slated for a Feb release date I can see it, it's a tad early but it can definitely help to get this marketing train rolling.

Oor he could be using sarcasm and next months cover is concrete genie lol, and with all the previews coming is makes sense that it would be GIs next cover.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like GI's next cover gonna surprise all of you :)
giphy.gif

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dreams has some incredible and complete games on it. Truly the Netflix of gaming.

If Sony does a subscription service, they should incorporate Dreams games into the lineup somehow.

Jan 4, 2018
For more recent GI Sony examples:

Uncharted 4 - February 2015 to May 2016 (15 months)
Horizon - October 2016 to February 2017 (5 months)
Uncharted: Lost Legacy - May 2017 to August 2017 (3 Months)
God of War - February 2018 to April 2018 (2 months)
Spider-man - May 2018 to September 2018 (4 months)
Days Gone - June 2018 to April 2019 (10 months)
Dreams - November 2018 to April 2019 (5 months)

Technically you can also add a month to each of these since the coverage/reveal starts the month before.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019
For more recent GI Sony examples:

Horizon - October 2016 to February 2017 (5 months)
God of War - February 2018 to April 2018 (2 months)
Spider-man - May 2018 to September 2018 (4 months)
Days Gone - June 2018 to April 2019 (10 months)
Dreams - November 2018 to April 2019 (5 months)

Technically you can also add a month to each of these since the coverage/reveal starts the month before.
hmm. could be tlou2 if we get something by then. but i still find it weird they would do tlou2 before death stranding for game informer.. unless tlou2 comes out in september

Jan 4, 2018
hmm. could be tlou2 if we get something by then. but i still find it weird they would do tlou2 before death stranding for game informer.. unless tlou2 comes out in september
Yeah, Game Informer has done pretty much every big Sony exclusive for the last several years, so I would bet one for DS and TLOU2. And since we're so close to DS I expect that first.

Last edited:

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Yeah, Game Informer has done pretty much every big Sony exclusive for the last several years, so I would bet one for DS and TLOU2. And since we're so close to DS I expect that first.
With GIs history I don't think release date has much to do with how they choose what games to cover. Some games have gotten their covers a couple months before release, some an entire year earlier. Could easily be Part II in August and then DS in September, and I'll be a happy camper regardless lol.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
With GIs history I don't think release date has much to do with how they choose what games to cover. Some games have gotten their covers a couple months before release, some an entire year earlier. Could easily be Part II in August and then DS in September, and I'll be a happy camper regardless lol.
True but excluding Days Gone at 10 months, the other AAA games were relatively close. Also must consider Sony's being more conscious about their dates, I imagine including GI stuff.

We're 7 months out for TLoU. 4 for DS. I would expect DS first but 7 months seems viable too.

I think Sony feels TLoU is still too far out of reach for a big reveal and for marketing to explode. They would probably be much more comfortable when it's 4-5. Though the collector's editions were also possibly leaked, which would indicate pre-order's going up very soon.

Basically, no one fucking knows anything. We wait, and only Sony can tell us when we can come out of timeout.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
True but excluding Days Gone at 10 months, the other AAA games were relatively close. Also must consider Sony's being more conscious about their dates, I imagine including GI stuff.

We're 7 months out for TLoU. 4 for DS. I would expect DS first but 7 months seems viable too.

I think Sony feels TLoU is still too far out of reach for a big reveal and for marketing to explode. They would probably be much more comfortable when it's 4-5. Though the collector's editions were also possibly leaked, which would indicate pre-order's going up very soon.

Basically, no one fucking knows anything. We wait, and only Sony can tell us when we can come out of timeout.
I only say that because a lot of their exclusives in the past had GI covers way before release. TLOU had theirs a whole 15 months before release. I think UC4s was way early too. I honestly hope it is Part II, there's nothing I'm more excited for lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.