Anything is possible. But it's not too often that big AAA studios get to make new IP's when they're already sitting on two big ones. Sony has no reason to not trust ND when it comes to new IP's since everything they've ever made since they began working together has been big.
a fully realized world with fully realized characters that show growth through trial and tribulation. It’s the basis of every great story executed with deep acting performances that lend credence to the little details such as Ellie’s love of comic books or Joel’s facial ticks he can’t help when noticing her.
Yeah i also agree the first party games of Sony on this gen have gone under a massive leap in quality specially their western output. You could said on the japanese side things could have been better even if they were also some really great games (Astro Bot, Bloodborne).
As far as Japanese games I thought Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, Persona 5, Gran Turismo Sport, Resident Evil 7, The Last Guardian, and Nier Automata were all fantastic. Gravity Rush 2 was also really good and Death Stranding is on the way.Yeah i also agree the first party games of Sony on this gen have gone under a massive leap in quality specially their western output. You could said on the japanese side things could have been better even if they were also some really great games (Astro Bot, Bloodborne).
This is definitely not true for me. I have a had a shit load of fun this generation. Some of the most memorable games I’ve ever played have been this gen. I’ve never cried at a game like The Last Guardian, I’ve never been so awed by the scope of a game like God of War. Never been so enthralled to relive some of my favorite games as a teenager, but fully realized in a way I never could have imagined like Resident Evil 2 or Shadow of the Colossus.
Who the fook is Planet smasher and it’s ok to be wrong ;-)
No? I’m just not as interested in the rest of this year. Though I will be getting Control, Concrete Genie, & Death Stranding, I don’t really have much interest in speculating on them just experiencing them.
We are all disappointed, but later it is only you and PlanetSmasher! I'm confused!?!
I nearly fell of my chair reading this.However, all the hardware in the world won’t fix Sony’s biggest problem with the PS4 line right now: a distinct lack of exclusives.[...]This glaring lack of exclusives becomes made more apparent when you compare it to the competition. The Xbox One has seen Sunset Overdrive, D4, Halo 5, and Quantum Break, while others including Sea of Thieves, Gears of War 4, and Scalebound are on the horizon. The Wii U got Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl to name a few.
It's an amazing gen, not in the least for Sony who saw tons of succes and critical acclaim, from launching succesful new IP like Horizon to a reimaging of God of War, and their fastest selling game ever with Spider-Man to brilliant Japanese games like Astro Bot, The Last Guardian and Bloodborne.
Why you posting three year old articles, fam?
No shit it is old it say's the "Pro won't solve Sony's problems" lol.
Finally someone who addresses real problems and not usual "Who cares about multiplayer, 3rd party games cover that" or "IPs like Killzone have no future"On the context of disappointment, even if it's probably not what Henrik or PlanetSmasher wants to see more of -
Sony has its share of failings this gen, both in terms of initiatives they failed to deliver - or opportunities they chose not to invest in, when in hindsight, they should've:
1. San Diego F2P initiative, can more or less be considered a total failure at this point.
2. Gan Turismo Sport's pivot to a more e-sport focused pitch that wasn't received well at launch. ( same situation with SFV )
3. In pursuing more globally appealing games, did not invest in genres or IPs that was costly and niche ( JRPGs, etc ), and only in recent years, made comments that imply that they are finally looking into those areas.
4. A failure in building their 1-studio-2-project initiative which was supposed to have the biggest Sony teams work on 2 major projects concurrently, even if only one in full production at any time.
5. No MP-style big successes or investments this gen to diversify their portfolio further. ( which they have acknowledged and has said they want to address )
6. Failure in nurturing or building success of their "indie-brand" of games ( Journey, Rapture, etc ) - which ironically has spawned a lot of 3rd-party alternatives in Private Division or Annapurna. ( Annapurna is basically ex-SSM Ex Dev anyway )
7. YoY portfolio of releases and games are still not the most stable or consistent. One AAA delay can more or less turn an amazing year into a mediocre one, and shows how tight of a rope the annual portfolio is.
8. IP or franchise management in general - both in terms of knowing how to extend a franchise life through smart utility of remasters/spin-offs/alternate media are basically just poorly handled across all Sony properties today.
9. Not-first-party related, but ForwardWorks has had a lolworthy year as a mobile publisher/developer.
10. Not first-party related, but basically all the BC-related initiatives, be it PS Classic or PS2onPS4.
They've got plenty to improve or work on. We know they are looking at a few areas on-the-record, like multiplayer projects and better alternative media management.
Lol, I agree.
In regards to the bolded, even now - I don't see much effort from the coordinated PlayStation unit to push the Gran Turismo events as a must-watch event. It still feels very much like a Polyphony/Gran Turismo self-managed initiative - as opposed to how Sony used to have Capcom Cup at PSX during the height of the SFV effort push.
Shows that Sony as a whole still doesn't really have a clue how to push GaaS/MP titles in the modern day.In regards to the bolded, even now - I don't see much effort from the coordinated PlayStation unit to push the Gran Turismo events as a must-watch event. It still feels very much like a Polyphony/Gran Turismo self-managed initiative - as opposed to how Sony used to have Capcom Cup at PSX during the height of the SFV effort push.
Well, they've got an eSports division now and they hired an experienced hire from Twitch. Making the right moves, at least where hiring is concerned.
Microsoft have the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order marketing deal, so it won't be at a State of Play. This is fake.State of Play (1 November) The last of us Part 2 trailer/Death Stranding & PlayStation Meeting (12 February) Rumors
A new Playstation Meeting 2020 coming February 12th, dedicated to PS5 - "/v/ - Video Games" is 4chan's imageboard dedicated to the discussion of PC and console video games.boards.4channel.org
A new State of Play is scheduled for November 1, 2019 - "/v/ - Video Games" is 4chan's imageboard dedicated to the discussion of PC and console video games.boards.4channel.org