• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
As it stands you should only expect PS4 BC. Everything else is just a cherry on top. Although there's no real reason why it shouldn't have PSone/PS2 support as well. The PS3 along with the PSP/Vita are the real question marks.
I mean PS3 had full PS1 support and they already have a working emulator on PS4 for PS2. PS3 I think is possible but I doubt they'd want to put the effort into a good emulator. That said I only expect PS4 BC.

PSP/Vita would be limited by its smaller digital library but could you imagine if it had a UMD drive and Vita card reader? It's a dream but what a dream! Crisis Core playing on your PS5.... Mmmmm.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
I don't even want proper disk-based BC for the PS1 and PS2, I just want to have access to those games. Even if I have to rebuy them (again), I don't care. If they can give me good emulation with some enhancements, like FHD or 4K internal rendering and PGXP for the PS1, better yet.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even want proper disk-based BC for the PS1 and PS2, I just want to have access to those games. Even if I have to rebuy them (again), I don't care. If they can give me good emulation with some enhancements, like FHD or 4K internal rendering and PGXP for the PS1, better yet.

This! I play most of my stuff on Xbox nowadays, but I'd come running back to Playstation if a new console could play all of my old favorites with some enhancements.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I mean PS3 had full PS1 support and they already have a working emulator on PS4 for PS2. PS3 I think is possible but I doubt they'd want to put the effort into a good emulator. That said I only expect PS4 BC.

PSP/Vita would be limited by its smaller digital library but could you imagine if it had a UMD drive and Vita card reader? It's a dream but what a dream! Crisis Core playing on your PS5.... Mmmmm.

I think it's really going to come down to whether they can get BC working for the PS3. Because it'd be odd to have BC for the PSone, PS2 and PS4, but skip the PS3. But everyone knows what a headache getting any kind of BC working with that console is going to be so who knows if they're willing to go through with it. It'd certainly be huge news if they could announce that the PS5 will run every generation of PS games including the handhelds. Every PS generation is stacked, so it'd give the console an unbelievable library right off the bat.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
No they'll be on stage, all live, audience reacting and everything.

At least that's what I think, it's possible they won't, but I think they will be back.
I don't know if everyone thinks the same, but people in this thread are supposedly ok with Sony not doing any press conference as long as the information in said press conference comes out in a State of Play or blog post. Basically they don't care how the information is delivered to them, as long as it is delivered.

Maybe the general public thinks like that too. Personally, traditional press conference should never not exist.

Oct 27, 2017
The Abyss is a great name! Pick it up Sony!

And also for next OT we should have:
SIE Worldwide Studios |OT6| The Thread Has Been Made

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if everyone thinks the same, but people in this thread are supposedly ok with Sony not doing any press conference as long as the information in said press conference comes out in a State of Play or blog post. Basically they don't care how the information is delivered to them, as long as it is delivered.

Maybe the general public thinks like that too. Personally, traditional press conference should never not exist.

It just wouldn't feel impactful enough to dump the reveal of PS5 in a SoP, but then Nintendo did it with the Switch so who knows.

I just hope they do a live reveal and a live stage E3, the roof will come off just like it did for PS4.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
As long as Sony insist on having trophy for all games playable on ps4/5, ps1 and ps2 classics won't return. It's so annoying. I still think the scarce ps2 games release on ps4 had to do with publishers don't want to bother adding trophies. They should have simply do rom dump like ps3, maybe we would have more ps2 release.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
My "dream" ps5, in terms of BC, would be to able to insert any disc - or use any already owned games - and just play em. Similar to how xbox one does it. I love the trophies in ps2 games, but I'd be down to making that dlc instead if that means more support.

Hell, I'd pay an extra $100 or more if they had to put some ps3 tech to allow ps3 playback. I'd be all over that shit.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I find it a bit weird that so many people seem convinced Sony will do a meeting early next year just because they did the same for PS4.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony only does their own event whenever they have everything set into place. I'm not so sure they'll do something like PS4 reveal again without a console or price, with a lot of talk and only showing little bits from games.

ij7vaag.gif

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
If you had to say one title for one of these categories each, which titles would you pick?

Best Sony First Party Title this generation:
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation:
Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation:

(Best Indie can be same as best title outside of sony first party ofcourse)

Im picking some games that I have yet to play that I really should play, and I'd love to get some of yours perspectives on the topic. For me its.
God of War (Very hard to pick one actually..)
Resident Evil 2 would most likely be my final pick.
Shovel Knight or Titan Souls... Honestly can't pick a favourite.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
If you had to say one title for one of these categories each, which titles would you pick?

Im picking some games that I have yet to play that I really should play, and I'd love to get some of yours perspectives on the topic. For me its.
Best Sony First Party Title this generation: Horizon Zero Dawn
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: NieR Automata
Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: The Messenger

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Best Sony First Party Title this generation: God of War
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt
Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: Undertale

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who doesn't vote Shadow Fall or First Light as best first party title is going on my enemies list.

You do not want to be on my enemies list.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

InFamous First Light was great but my pick would be Marvel's Spider-Man... even though I really loved God of War
Persona 5
Abzû

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: Witcher 3
Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: Helldivers/Alienation

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Best Sony First Party Title this generation: God of War (GOTG)
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: NieR Automata

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

Best Sony First Party Title this generation: God of War (could be Bloodborne but I don't know if that counts)
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: Red Dead Redemption 2
Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: The Witness

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Sony:

Sr. Manager, HR Business Partner

Software QA Engineer (Blackbox) (Contract)
Looking for an opportunity to work on next-gen PlayStation products? Do you have a passion for software quality? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create?

Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract)
Do you want an opportunity to work on next-gen PlayStation products? Do you have a passion for software quality? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for QA engineers to join a global initiative in robust automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.

Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Do you want an opportunity to work on next-gen PlayStation products? Do you have a passion for software quality and automation? Are you the sort of person that enjoys analyzing a network protocol one moment, debugging a ReactNative application the next? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: The Witcher 3
Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: Rocket League

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: Metal Gear Solid V
Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: What Remains of Edith Finch

my top 5 would be
Best Sony First Party Title this generation: God of War > Uncharted 4 > Bloodborne >>> Horizon Zero Dawn > Uncharted Lost Legacy
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: Metal Gear Solid V > The Witcher 3 > Resident Evil 2 > What Remains of Edith Finch > Hitman Season 2
Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: What Remains of Edith Finch > Hollow Knight > Inside > This War of Mine the Little Ones > Shovel Knight

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Best Sony First Party Title this generation: bloodborne (GoW if from first party studio)
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: Yakuza 0

Oct 25, 2017
Three best PS4 exclusives this gen are Bloodborne, Astro Bot and The Last Guardian.

From the western games it's either Spidey or The Lost Legacy for me.

Third party: Prey, Sekiro, DOOM

Indie: probably The Witness

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Best Sony FP game this gen: Bloodborne
Best game this gen outside of Sony FP: Red Dead Redemption 2
Best Indie game: Enter the Gungeon

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Rocksteady waiting for that PS5 reveal to show something off...

At this point it definitely seems like whatever they're working on is going to be a next-gen title. WB let them make AK exclusively for the current-gen, so there's no reason to think they wouldn't do the same with this one. The most surprising thing is that it looks like WB Montreal is going to go an entire generation without releasing a AAA game.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PS4 only.

Runners up:
Horizon Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
Astrobot

Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: Red Dead Redemption 2
Runners up:
Monster Hunter World
Metal Gear Solid V
Final Fantasy XIV
Resident Evil 2

Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: The Witness
Runners up:
What Remains of Edith Finch
Resogun
Transistor
Galak-Z

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Thanks for so many incredible answers! And they're varied as hell too :)

Those games I haven't played or finished yet I'll definitely check out, I also made an alternative account to platinum games I already have achieved the platinum, will most likely replay some of the titles like Spider-Man and God of War among others.

Thanks again for the answers everyone (And keep it coming :p)
If I finish the games you have recommended me I'll quote you down the line

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Best Sony First Party Title this generation: HZD, Bloodborne
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: Dark Souls 3, Rainbow Six Siege
Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: n++, the witness

glad folks opened up with multiple possibilities cause it would've been too difficult for me to narrow that down to one each

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
This one is actually quite easy for me.

Best Sony First Party Title this generation: Bloodborne
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: Dragon Quest XI
Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: Hollow Knight

They are my favorite games this gen together with Overwatch. If I had to pick one from Sony WWS it would be God of War, though Horizon was pretty damn good too.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Best Sony First Party Title this generation: Draw between GOW and Horizon
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: The Witcher 3
Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: Overcooked(?)

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
No love for Celeste?
Not sure if this is a hot take or not, but I played it well after all of the hype and was kinda... underwhelmed by it? The music is great, the gameplay's tight and the mechanics are fun for the most part, but idk, it's missing something that games like Super Meat Boy have and I can't really explain what it is. The first three chapters draaaaag as well.

Mani

Jan 14, 2018
London
Uncharted 4
Red Dead Redemption II
Inside

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Best Sony First Party Title this generation: Spiderman (God of War, Horizon, Wipeout Omega Collection and Gran Turismo Sport as honorable mentions)
Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: Hitman 2 (Resident Evil 2, DOOM, The Witcher 3, Rise of The Tomb Raider, Watchdogs 2, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Apex Legends, Dying Light, and countless others as honorable mentions
Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: Inside (Wargroove, Stardew Valley as honorable mentions).

Edit: technically Wargroove isnt even out yet for PS4, but I'll leave it on the list because I doubt its gonna be too much different from other versions lol.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017

God Of War, easy pick only thing that could displace it is TLOU pII. Lost Legacy was awesome as well, best Uncharted game.
Witcher 3, haven't finished it yet but it is amazing, should have played it sooner. For Honor gets a nod simply for how much hours I put into it.
Guacamelee! 2, fantastic sequel to the first game, some of those platforming challenges for the Plat made me throw my controller. However I am a bit disappointed with Sony's Indie output overall, started so good with Resogun but they didn't keep it up imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.