• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I really want Kratos+Aloy in Horizon Zero Dawn now. HZD2 DLC mashup pls SSM and GG ;) That's amazing.

I've said it before, rather than another party-brawler PlayStation All-Star type, it should be a mash up multi-genre game featuring PS characters with their own respective gameplays...

You'll have a 3rd person shooter, 1st person shooter, beat-em-up, hack-and-slash, etc, all in one game.

We could play Drake, Kratos, Aloy, Ratchet, Jak, Sly, all the way even first-party JRPGs like Arc, Elc, Rudy, etc.

Complete with story & their respective worlds a-la Kindom Hearts we could interact & explore.

I can't believe up to this point, no one at SIE wouldn't try to develop it...

If they slow as snail, as might as well Nintendo do it first; an action/adventure spin-off of Smash series. /: |

Last edited:

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
Best Sony First Party Title of this generation:
Tie between God of War and Bloodborne

Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation:
The Witcher 3

Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation:
SOMA

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before, rather than another party-brawler PlayStation All-Star type, it should be a mash up multi-genre game featuring PS characters with their own respective gameplays...

You'll have a 3rd person shooter, 1st person shooter, beat-em-up, hack-and-slash, etc, all in one game.

We could play Drake, Kratos, Aloy, Ratchet, Jak, Sly, all the way even first-party JRPGs like Arc, Elc, Rudy, etc.

Complete with story & their respective worlds a-la Kindom Hearts we could interact & explore.

I can't believe till this point no-one at SIE wouldn't try to develop it...

If they slow as snail, as might as well Nintendo do it first; an action/adventure spin-off of Smash series. /: |
Yes, that would be amazing, my dream game too. I guess it's just very hard to combine a lot of different gameplay mechanics to a certain game and have a balanced outcome.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fave First Party : Uncharted 4
Fave Third Party: Witcher 3, hands down.
Fave Indie Game: This Is the Police. I generally don't play them all that much, asked my brother what he thinks we've enjoyed the most and agreed with him. Is this considered Indie?

Meliodas

Apr 7, 2019
Best Sony First Party Title of this generation: God of War

Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: Red Dead Redemption 2

Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: Mother Russia Bleeds

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, the recommendations...

Best Sony First Party Title this generation: God of War
Runner-up: Astro Bot

Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: Yakuza 0
Runner-up: Hitman

Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: Rocket League
Runner-up: Helldivers

Just started playing Monster Hunter World. It feels amazing, under 10 hours on my belt so far though.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
The crossover we've all wanted.

But this is the crossover I've always wanted.

vtx47107_0_1533516055.jpg

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love it as the 4th one in the lineup because it screams "…and don't worry, for those of you with hideous taste, we didn't forget about you!"
Kinda funny, because all my camo controllers looke brandnew after all those years, while all the "one-colour" controllers my friends have look like they're 10 years old ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Camo rocks!

May 13, 2018
Best Sony First Party Title this generation: God of War

Best Title Outside of Sony First Party this generation: Red Dead Redemption 2

Best Indie Game available on PS4 this generation: Inside

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
The stars are aligning for Concrete Genie to be a critical hit. PixelOpus is giving me early MM vibes.

I recognize the obsession with AAA but I'd be all for Sony having more small 20ish person teams like them that can just go nuts with creative concepts.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The stars are aligning for Concrete Genie to be a critical hit. PixelOpus is giving off early MM vibes.

Yeah, it's looking like CG is going to put PixelOpus on the map in a big way. I hope it also causes Sony to have a renewed focus on smaller titles going into the PS5 like they did in the later years of the PS3 and the early days of the PS4.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
can we really stop counting hires in here? We don't need to do this. Sony has big studios like Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica. We dont need to post about new people that get hired at studios. We have studios already that make games. Hyping hires is just crazy to me. wow

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
I made the comparison that Pixel Opus could be the next thatgamecompany for Sony. Concrete Genie seems a lot like Flower/Journey in terms of how it impacts the player.

Already getting nominated for multiple awards before the game even releases is pretty awesome.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Yes, that would be amazing, my dream game too. I guess it's just very hard to combine a lot of different gameplay mechanics to a certain game and have a balanced outcome.

SIE got to have their own Masahiro Sakurai; as dedicated & talented as him, in my opinion.

Maybe they got the tech/budget, but unfortunately, currently, they don't have a developer like him yet...

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
can we really stop counting hires in here? We don't need to do this. Sony has big studios like Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica. We dont need to post about new people that get hired at studios. We have studios already that make games. Hyping hires is just crazy to me. wow
On the list of pretty stupid shit to discuss here, discussing hires is pretty low. It's not like we have anything better to discuss anyway, and this thread is mainly about studios so discussing hires seems like a very relevant thing to talk about.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, posting "hires" here (if it's 1st party related) is okay and interesting. At least for me, it's nice to know. But it's indeed crazy if a whole new thread is getting made.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
But I mean we are posting it as if we dont already know these studios are great. Sony isn't in the position to where they are stressing for hires to make great games. I just dont think that's something even worth posting in this thread, because Sony has been knocking it out of the park with their devs and games..Now other companies. Not so much.

When you dont have games, I can see why someone would hype hires. Its just weird that people do it in this thread

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, strangely I agree. My cousin, who's an avid football fan, would go on Facebook whenever some player arrived on the team that he followed, he'd make a post about it. It would read "x, welcome to the NY Giants" and he'd post a picture of them as well. Shit was crazy. I'm sorry everyone, but if there's nothing to discuss, let the topic die and bump when there is. This thread has become reminiscent of the Next Gen Speculation Thread where the wheels there are just spinning and people are arguing the same old shit and posting pastebin "leaks".

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
At least it's not like with Xbox fans where they make a thread every time someone goes to 343 as if it's such an unusual thing. Lol

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
kinda crazy that with just 2 lower budget titles sony managed to be the publisher with the most nominations for Gamescom.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
User warned: platform warring
At least it's not like with Xbox fans where they make a thread every time someone goes to 343 as if it's such an unusual thing. Lol

yea but they dont have any AAA new games or studios, and are starved on something to talk about. so i understand why they hype hires. its all they have to be honest. In here we have games to look forward to already

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
yea but they dont have any games or studios,

What? lol

People console warring in this thread will never stop to amaze me, always looking for MS and what they are doing instead of focusing on Sony and their studios.
And there's nothing wrong about discussion hires for 1st party and non studios, if you find it weird you can just ignore, don't dictate to other people what to do when they are talking about something perfectly in-line with this thread. There are plenty of comments about MS/Xbox on this thread (completely off-topic) and i don't see people complaning about them, but god forbid talking about hires for Sony 1st party studios lmao

Last edited:

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
What? lol

People console warring in this thread will never stop to amaze me, always looking for MS and what they are doing instead of focusing on Sony and their studios.
And there's nothing wrong about discussion hires for 1st party and non studios, if you find it weird you can just ignore, don't dictate to other people what to do when they are talking about something perfectly in-line with this thread. There are plenty of comments about MS/Xbox on this thread (completely off-topic) and i don't see people complaning about them, but god forbid talking about hires for Sony 1st party studios lmao

Yet this isnt console warring. I came in here and said that there is no point in talking about new hires in this thread because sony has well established studios. We already know those devs as a whole know what they are doing. they have the big games, and the sales to prove it. We dont need to talk about irrelevant hires, that we as consumers dont need to know about. We know the gaming industry has a huge turnover rate, devs are always going fro one place to another. I just think in a Sony studio thread we dont need it. Sony isnt in desperate need for new hires. They have great dev studios that they built for 10+ years already. They are not in the state where MS is where they need new studios, and new hires to hype their consumers that they are apparently doing something, because for the last few years they have gotten NOTHING. Its waaaay different with Sony. Its just weird seeing people hype hires. Especailly with the big games Sony has given its consumers, and the big games that are coming soon.

No one console warring, its just stating facts.

Oct 26, 2017
Yet this isnt console warring. I came in here and said that there is no point in talking about new hires in this thread because sony has well established studios. We already know those devs as a whole know what they are doing. they have the big games, and the sales to prove it. We dont need to talk about irrelevant hires, that we as consumers dont need to know about. We know the gaming industry has a huge turnover rate, devs are always going fro one place to another. I just think in a Sony studio thread we dont need it. Sony isnt in desperate need for new hires. They have great dev studios that they built for 10+ years already. They are not in the state where MS is where they need new studios, and new hires to hype their consumers that they are apparently doing something, because for the last few years they have gotten NOTHING. Its waaaay different with Sony. Its just weird seeing people hype hires. Especailly with the big games Sony has given its consumers, and the big games that are coming soon.

No one console warring, its just stating facts.

Who is "WE"? You are talking about yourself, you are not our spokesman and you should not dictate the topics of this thread period, if you don't like it, you can ignore or leave the thread. There's no such thing about "being desperate for new hires", everyone in the industry is hiring, regardless of the position and Sony needs hires, even if they are doing good, they don't retain all developers in the studios and when a big project is finished you see a lot of people leaving various studios, this is a thing for everyone in the industry, Sony, MS, EA, Ubisoft etc...

You can keep going if you wish but i'm done. There's an ignore button if you don't like to see people talk about hires or, don't post here and move on.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Best Sony Game : Bloodborne
(runner-up : Resogun)
Best Non-Sony Game : Divinity : Original Sin II
(runner-up : Tetris Effect)
Best Indie Game : Dead Cells
(runner-up : Rocket League)

Still haven't played The Witcher 3 and Celeste though. Still waiting for my Limited Run Games copy for the latter...

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
New (European?) bundle: Days Gone, Detroit Become Human, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and 3 months PS+ with a slim PS4
yzl8lmhwoog31.png

Guerrilla's Ben McCaw has been promoted to Narrative Director back in May.

nlmGaW3.png

So does this mean John Gonzalez (Narrative Director) is leaving or left the studio?
Do we know if the 2nd project has a Narrative Director already? They simply could have decided they need 2 because of that.

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
TLOU II is yet to release but I'm interested to see if Naughty Dog do story DLC again. TLOU had pretty decent DLC but Uncharted: TLL was obviously amazing, got the deluxe edition so getting such a meaty stand alone game with TLL was lovely. Santa Monica decided no for GOW but Horizon did it, either way I don't think we will see something as big as TLL being released as DLC again, as nice as it would be.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
NPD time!
Top 20 best selling games in July: Spider-Man at 11th, MLB 19: The Show at 17th

Best selling games so far in 2019: Days Gone at 9th, MLB 19: The Show at 10th

Best selling games in the past 12 months: Spider-Man at 5th

Best selling PS4 games in July: Spider-Man at 4th, MLB 19: The Show at 5th and Days Gone at 8th

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
What? lol

Why do you remind me of Rodjer?

Status
Not open for further replies.