• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Nah, we need a new J&D

tenor.gif

After all the darkest shit, serious tone, theme of hate in Part II, could Naughty Dog take a break for more lighter game this time?

I'm more than fine for them to take back their own words and make JAK 4.

Too many serious games these days...

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After all the darkest shit, serious tone, theme of hate in Part II, could Naughty Dog take a break for more lighter game this time?

I'd love to see a full-on remake of Jak and Daxter. Potentially followed by an alternate timeline sequel or two that acts as if Jak never got teleported to the future. I'm not sure if Naughty Dog would want to make that at this point, but I'm sure there are other devs who would be up to it.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Lighter like Uncharted? Sure.

Jak is dead.
Yeah... no (to both). You don't welcome an ex-Ghibli artist for a live demo/workshop to inspire people for a new Uncharted. If they are making a new IP after The Last of Us pt.2, I am expecting something really different (visually) from what we usually know them. Maybe a Jak & Daxter reboot ala Nausicaa Valley of the Wind? 🤔😅😁

Last edited:

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Booted up Drakes Fortune on PS4 tonight for the first time......damn,Bluepoint are just incredible.They went above and beyond with this remaster,so many details they have updated that they really didn't need to.For an early PS3 game this really looks great.
Dying to know what Bluepoint are up to right now.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca

I'm with you there. Some people seem to balk at the idea of Naughty Dog returning to the more cartoonish likes of Crash and Jak, but I think it would be a welcome change and a breath of fresh air for them to make a 3D platformer again.

And then after Jak IV is done, they have to get to work on that cyberpunk detective sim. Obviously.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yeah... no (to both). You don't welcome an ex-Ghibli artist for a live demo/workshop to inspire people for a new Uncharted. If they are making a new IP after The Last of Us pt.2, I am expecting something really different (visually) from what we usually know them. Maybe a Jak & Daxter reboot ala Nausicaa Valley of the Wind? 🤔😅😁

I meant light like Uncharted, not a new Uncharted, and Jak is dead 😅

But that's some nice tidbits I didn't know of.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you there. Some people seem to balk at the idea of Naughty Dog returning to the more cartoonish likes of Crash and Jak, but I think it would be a welcome change and a breath of fresh air for them to make a 3D platformer again.

And then after Jak IV is done, they have to get to work on that cyberpunk detective sim. Obviously.
I'd be all for that.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
So, about the next BluePoint Game, "the one that should not be mentioned" said that they're working on something more important than something like remastering Killzone and inFamous games from the PS3 era.

"My assumptions is that Bluepoint has been working on other stuff that's more important to them, they're working on another one right now, that you guys will hear I assume soon. That actually might be the game revealed at Gamescom, but I can't tell what it is. I mean, I can tell what it is but I'm not going to."

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
I remember him also saying that we hadn't seen the last of Ratchet and Clank yet. What if they're doing remake collection of R&C similar to how they did a remake for Shadow of the Colossus? That'd be pretty dope.
Ehh I'd prefer just a new Ratchet & Clank because I don't think you can do a full collection of games at the quality of R&C 2016.

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
So, about the next BluePoint Game, "the one that should not be mentioned" said that they're working on something more important than something like remastering Killzone and inFamous games from the PS3 era.

I mean Bluepoint publicly stated their next project would be on the pushing beyond the scale of Shadow of the Colossus on PS4. That's obviously way past their simple remastering

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
Wait, what, Bluepoint might have a non-remaster PS exclusive and it's gonna be shown at gamescom?!! What's going on in here someone please fill me in.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what, Bluepoint might have a non-remaster PS exclusive and it's gonna be shown at gamescom?!! What's going on in here someone please fill me in.

Their next game is a remake that's larger in scale than SotC

"Well, we could but we're doing another remake," replied Bluepoint's president and co-owner, Marco Thrush. "This project served us as a great point of growing the art team to the point where we can take on a full triple-A game major scope of art content. So now our next step is, let's improve the art pipeline, let's improve the engine, let's improve workflow for artists, let's grow on the art side some more to handle our next project because it's a bit bigger. And our next focus is, all right, let's work on design and add new stuff to get to the next remake, because now that can be our sole focus of making sure that's where we put the time and everybody else, they're already at a level where we can perform."

www.eurogamer.net

Bluepoint's next game is another remake

Bluepoint Games has confirmed that its next project in the wake of the stunning Shadow of the Colossus for PlayStation …

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

Not exactly, I think it might be something with Sony, since the podcast from where this came from was covering the news that Sony was confirmed for the Gamescom Press Conference.

And it sounded more like a guess. He has been saying for a while that he doesn't know why Sony didn't announce this one game yet, so it might be the Blue Point one.

Status
Not open for further replies.