• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Because it's true. Playing Spider-Man, God of War, and Uncharted 4.. and then going to play horizon or infamous 2nd son, it's a huge downgrade in every way. I'd even argue on behalf of Bend that the characters in that game were a lot more interesting than the plain ones in Horizon. Also?? Days Gone ? Where are the sales numbers? Also, that game reviewed poorly and I see it as a stain on SIE more than anything. I expect days gone 2 to be better tho because there's a lot of potential.

that being said, I stand by my point that Sony has 3 world class developers at this point. Guerilla and Suckerpunch could be the next but they have A LOT to prove.
Lol a game that sold over 10 mil and has a 89 meta is a downgrade I guess. Your opinion isn't fact my friend, a lot of people enjoyed HZD as well as ISS. I agree that SMS and ND are the cream of the crop but imo GG is right up there with Insomniac, they made high quality games in the past as well. I'll give you Bend tho, sales wise it did very well but critically they have something to prove, however we all know the meta system is flawed do to it being based on a bunch of opinions from different gaming sites.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Who else will buy the GOTY edition of Spider-Man despite owning the game already?
Just me?
OK
Gotta admit that bankrupt thread was funny, trolls are getting better
Until like two years ago that division has been a big money loser for Sony
Fucking ERA man
541802370980511765.png

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It's unlikely, but I kinda hope that Insomniac's first game under Sony ownership is a new IP. It'd be a cool way of making a big splash since I think most people expect their next game to either be Ratchet or Spider-Man 2.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
Lol a game that sold over 10 mil and has a 89 meta is a downgrade I guess. Your opinion isn't fact my friend, a lot of people enjoyed HZD as well as ISS. I agree that SMS and ND are the cream of the crop but imo GG is right up there with Insomniac, they made high quality games in the past as well.
Good post. Guerrilla Games is one of Sony's biggest and most important studios right now. And they are not only developing games.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
It's unlikely, but I kinda hope that Insomniac's first game under Sony ownership is a new IP. It'd be a cool way of making a big splash since I think most people expect their next game to either be Ratchet or Spider-Man 2.
My guess for the first PS5 games from Insomniac is:

1) New Ratchet & Clank
2) Spider-Man 2
3) New IP

And because Insomniac is one of the most efficient studios probably they will work also on some VR titles at the same time.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I am always down for a new IP made by Insomniac Games. It would be cool if they could go back to that Monster Knight idea before they were making Ratchet and Clank for PS2. It would be awesome to have a new kind of adventure game. 🤗😁

Oct 25, 2017
I find this pretty interesting - Predator: Hunting Grounds trailer has the most views of Gamescom trailers in PlayStation YouTube channel.

Some numbers:

Predator: 409k
Avengers: 255k
Death Stranding: 168k
Erica: 124k
MH World Iceborn: 106k

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
My guess for the first PS5 games from Insomniac is:

1) New Ratchet & Clank
2) Spider-Man 2
3) New IP

And because Insomniac is one of the most efficient studios probably they will work also on some VR titles at the same time.

Yeah, those two coming first are the most realistic, unless Insomniac were already working on a project in secret that didn't have a publisher at the time. I know there have been a lot of rumors about a new Ratchet coming down the line. But with how late we're in this generation I do wonder if it's moved to being cross-platform or entirely exclusive to the PS5.

I am always down for a new IP made by Insomniac Games. It would be cool if they could go back to that Monster Knight idea before they were making Ratchet and Clank for PS2. It would be awesome to have a new kind of adventure game. 🤗😁

I'd be totally on board with them doing something whimsical like Monster Knight seemed to be. Maybe even steer it toward being something like an ARPG. I think Insomniac could pull that off and it'd also add something fresh to Sony's portfolio.

May 18, 2018
I remember playing ps1 game Disruptor - it blew me away. Great graphics for the time, full movie cut scenes and great gameplay. Insomniac were amazing then and are still now. Quality Developer.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If Sony is still interested in Remedy they must be looking at the share price in horror, €10.45 share price (€126,153,967 market cap) a week ago, €12.5 share price (€150,901,875 market cap) today.

Status
Not open for further replies.