• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
A big loss was Sony getting rid of Evolution and Psygnosis

If those two still existed I would've wished Sony to take another crack at MotorStorm and a new WipEout

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when Ted Price actually made that video statement to tell us that they were done with Resistance.....that was a bit weird,why make it so final like that.I hope they revive it one day,they were really onto something with the third game.

The thing with Resistance 3 is that it has a very definitive, if not good, ending to the story. It all kinda wraps up so there's nothing left but you're just kinda like "Oh, okay."

A reboot could possibly work, provided that Insomniac stick to their convictions as R2 was playing too much like other popular FPS games rather than being it's own thing, and that damaged the franchise in the long run.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
I still think Uncharted 4 has the best first few hours of any story-based game I've played this gen. Story, characters, intro mechanics, environments, etc. everything up to the boat scene had me on the edge of my seat. Very very difficult to pull that off.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Michael Bross will be the composer for the next Ratchet & Clank! :D jstevenson

His musics and inspirations are so great!

Gotta disagree with you there. Thought the new music felt very generic, would much prefer if they brought back the original composer. His songs was more catchy and memorable, this sounds like it could be taken from any movie or something.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I still think Uncharted 4 has the best first few hours of any story-based game I've played this gen. Story, characters, intro mechanics, environments, etc. everything up to the boat scene had me on the edge of my seat. Very very difficult to pull that off.
It's the opposite for me. I thought Uncharted 4 was boring as fuck until Scotland. I almost stopped playing it. But then I thoroughly enjoyed it from there until the end, with the exception of the final kid-Nate section in the old woman's house.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
If I'm honest my favorite parts of the Ratchet remake were Gaspar and the final third of the game.....basically the new stuff,lol.
I love it when they open up the levels in the Ratchet games,like they did with Gaspar and Thram in Into the Nexus.....I hope a new game will have more of these bigger levels.....but the formula for Ratchet is so good anyway just more of the same but bigger and more beautiful is all I need.

Sora78

Jun 3, 2018
Gotta disagree with you there. Thought the new music felt very generic, would much prefer if they brought back the original composer. His songs was more catchy and memorable, this sounds like it could be taken from any movie or something.

Generic ? :o
I totally disagree, his music really understands the essence of the R&C series ... it's a very nice mix between the music of David Bergeaud (who doesn't want to compose for R&C anymore) and Boris Salchow ... This subtle blend of melodious digital sounds and epic orchestral themes ...

Here is one of the last tracks of David B. for the series:

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Generic ? :o
I totally disagree, his music really understands the essence of the R&C series ... it's a very nice mix between the music of David Bergeaud (who doesn't want to compose for R&C anymore) and Boris Salchow ... This subtle mix between strange digital sounds and epic orchestral themes ...

Here is one of the last tracks of David B. for the series:

Didn't know he didn't wanna compose for R&C anymore honestly. But yeah I just felt the tracks for Ratchet 2016 just felt kinda forgetable to me.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, I'd leak everything
giphy.gif

Jimbo will have the Ninja's on him in seconds.
He can leak Bloodborne 2 gameplay before that tho!

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
It's the opposite for me. I thought Uncharted 4 was boring as fuck until Scotland. I almost stopped playing it. But then I thoroughly enjoyed it from there until the end, with the exception of the final kid-Nate section in the old woman's house.

I'm a sucker for well-written characters just talking and interacting. I thought everything in the early goings just flowed perfectly before the puzzles and things started being introduced.

Once you get to Madagascar, it purposely slows down to make you do more of that stuff, but I enjoyed using the game's mechanics in different ways at different moments to start the game. All very nice touches before the big action began in Scotland.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a sucker for well-written characters just talking and interacting. I thought everything in the early goings just flowed perfectly before the puzzles and things started being introduced.

Once you get to Madagascar, it purposely slows down to make you do more of that stuff, but I enjoyed using the game's mechanics in different ways at different moments to start the game. All very nice touches before the big action began in Scotland.

Yeah but as far as well-written characters go, after Madagascar you get this god-tier cutscene

Neil's character dialog is on another level.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Yeah but as far as well-written characters go, after Madagascar you get this god-tier cutscene

Oh yeah, not taking anything away from later in the game. Just the first part of the game playing on Easy moves from one big swing to the next pretty quickly.

Some of the later stuff has a bit more going on to get to it and I'm not as big a fan of the Sam stuff. The Avery stuff in general I liked quite a bit.

I know people love Rafe, but I've known people like that my whole life. They're not even fun to watch be done well. Lol

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
The thought of getting another Uncharted is so meh, but I'm happy that it sounds like if it is happening, ND are not wasting their time on it. Just hope the new studio that is supposedly making the game are not just put together to make Uncharted, more that they use Uncharted to get the studio established with good talent and then a new IP.

Also Sucker Punch, PD and MM are far and away my favourite Sony studios, funnily enough the inFamous games had amazing gameplay but is the only thing worrying my from GoT so far, the gameplay demo was not very smooth but hope things will change when it is shown next.

Oct 27, 2017
The thought of getting another Uncharted is so meh, but I'm happy that it sounds like if it is happening, ND are not wasting their time on it. Just hope the new studio that is supposedly making the game are not just put together to make Uncharted, more that they use Uncharted to get the studio established with good talent and then a new IP.

Also Sucker Punch, PD and MM are far and away my favourite Sony studios, funnily enough the inFamous games had amazing gameplay but is the only thing worrying my from GoT so far, the gameplay demo was not very smooth but hope things will change when it is shown next.
www.gamesindustry.biz

Shuhei Yoshida's first play of God of War - "He was horrified"

There may still be more than four months still to go, but God of War seems certain to among a small handful of names in…
Shu was apparently horrified when he played GoW 6 months before the release. The combat, framerate and graphics were all terrible but they turned it around in such a small amount of time. So yeah it will change drastically.

Kyle Barrett

Banned
Mar 5, 2018

As much as I think this scene (and a lot U4's scenes in fact) is completely off-tone for an Uncharted game it is still bloody amazing and probably my favourite scene in this game. Makes me very excited for TLoU2.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

the sound work in this scene is so good. Before they enter the room you can listen to all sorts of stuff in the background. People talking, bugs flying, cars going by, wind blowing leaves and the public lightning buzz. And yeah, the scene itself is extremely strong

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, i think it was going to slow for it's own good and that the boat sequence being a teaser didn't really work like it did with UC2 as you go through far too many slow events straight after. Wouldn't mind slow events depending on use but from a player perspective, it bogged down to much in particular since the sequences don't rely much on the player input one after the other which the game itself is padded with throughout beyond just the start. Maybe a while since I played it but it went from kid to prison sequence and then Normal life from what i remember. That's really an hour and a half to go through and the prison gunfight of Sam escaping felt like it was tossed in just to motivate players rather than being a compelling story sequence especially having to already go through with something similar before. Scotland is where the game really picks up. From a story perspective, the Avery and Elena relationship was certainly the highlight.

I much prefer TLOU by far. The start was so intense even despite limitations of player input creatively putting the perspectives from Sarah and the game goes through a lot more story and character development within the same time frame. TLOU has it's slow moments but it's nothing like UC4.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Sooooo.....

9ccdbf23eb72dd0491a60c6d5d5df6442eacdc46_hq.gif

EqualSpiritedDegu-size_restricted.gif

db9446069cf7f7501bbea313186133982016bcd0_hq.gif

Man, R3 was such a great game and what a comeback after R2. Does anyone remember that hilarious still from R2 (I think it was R2) where it looked like a Google Maps capture with a huge tower slap bang the middle? Shit was hilarious at the time.

Anyway, can we please have another?
R3 was the height of the franchise and a return to form for the series. It was easily the best shooter in PS3. It was so good! Damn I wish it has a remaster.

Completely disagree, R3 was a disgrace. I can't really express how much I disagree, it killed the damn franchise lol don't know how anyone can say it was the best.

They got rid of the large scale maps, brought in killstreaks, made it so you had to ADS, added convoluted perks etc.

To me R3 is the primest example of a franchise chasing the CoD money and killing itself in the process.

Say what you want about R2 but it was one of the most unique FPSs of the time. The 60 player MP was chaos and there was nothing like it on the PS3 (even MAG ended up feeling like a bunch of small scale battles). And the co-op mode was just.. aaaahh it was so good, I wish it was in the current era of GaaS where they would have been able to continuously be adding missions to it.

If we ever have a remaster collection I'd rather they just left R3 out, and I say this as a big fan of Resistance.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Completely disagree, R3 was a disgrace. I can't really express how much I disagree, it killed the damn franchise lol don't know how anyone can say it was the best.

They got rid of the large scale maps, brought in killstreaks, made it so you had to ADS, added convoluted perks etc.

To me R3 is the primest example of a franchise chasing the CoD money and killing itself in the process.

Say what you want about R2 but it was one of the most unique FPSs of the time. The 60 player MP was chaos and there was nothing like it on the PS3 (even MAG ended up feeling like a bunch of small scale battles). And the co-op mode was just.. aaaahh it was so good, I wish it was in the current era of GaaS where they would have been able to continuously be adding missions to it.

If we ever have a remaster collection I'd rather they just left R3 out, and I say this as a big fan of Resistance.
The maps weren't small in Resistance 3, if anything Resistance 2 was the outlier of the franchise and began to chase the CoD crowd by various changes made to the game itself, both single and multiplayer. I don't think I've ever heard anyone liken R3 to CoD, however I have heard that about R2.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
The maps weren't small in Resistance 3, if anything Resistance 2 was the outlier of the franchise and began to chase the CoD crowd by various changes made to the game itself, both single and multiplayer. I don't think I've ever heard anyone liken R3 to CoD, however I have heard that about R2.

Well I don't know how active you were in the community but lemme tell you straight you got it all mixed up.

How on earth is R2 closer to CoD than R3... You need to start bringing facts to this discussion lol

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
www.gamesindustry.biz

Shuhei Yoshida's first play of God of War - "He was horrified"

There may still be more than four months still to go, but God of War seems certain to among a small handful of names in…
Shu was apparently horrified when he played GoW 6 months before the release. The combat, framerate and graphics were all terrible but they turned it around in such a small amount of time. So yeah it will change drastically.

Yeah I hope that is the case, for me they are far and away the best team Sony have in terms of nailing the actual gameplay loop, besides GG with Horizon. I have to say GoT is beyond gorgeous, it might be the one game where I do wait for the inevitable PS5 release until I play it, especially if it releases within a few months of the PS5.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I think Shu is just pumped to play CONTROL cause it looks so rad.
Imo it's probably because it's one of the most sony-like games that isn't made by Soy. A cinematic singleplayer AAA game with a linear story? Not many games like that out there nowadays (again, outside Sony's catalogue).

But as Imitation Of Life said, there's no denying they've been getting suspiciously close lately. Could mean nothing in the end, but after Sony stated its intentions to buy more studios, plus the rumors from Pushsquare it's getting hard to believe something isn't going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.