• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I want the next ratchet and clank to be a soft reeboot. Reinvent the wheel but keep some aspects

invest heavily on it too and expand on things, like how GoW was a soft reeboot post the older series

of course maintain platforming, etc...

Yo, for real. Been playing Uncharted 2 and 3 lately to get some rounds in before they're shut down and man, it's devastates me when I think about how many brilliant PS3 games have gone offline.
Sony had many Online MP games during the PS3 gen, WarHawk, StarHawk, MAG, Resistance MP, KZ MP, LBP, MotorStorm, PSN MP titles, Uncharted, TLOU, , etc...

even though I liked the exclusives this gen and they were way more polished then the PS3 gen I miss Sony's MP takes as well as their quirky titles that not everyone jumped on

Last edited:

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
A Tokyo Jungle 2 with 4 player online and couch co-op would be great. Add all the animals from the first one plus add more and it would be great. You could have foxes and unicorns. The map would be all of Japan. You could add in more places like Hawaii and Madagascar. You could monetize the hell out of it with animal packs and stuff.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really a multiplayer guy but I'd be fine with Sony attempting a big budget online game. What a thought!

MAG was definitely ahead of its time. Something like that would have faired better this generation. I feel like people in general are more into team play and objective-based multiplayer in general than they were last generation. MAG released during the peak COD craze when everything was about running and gunning and KDR.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry Sony will have a big splash come PS5 Launch Window with a new APE ESCAPE PUMPED and PRIMED bundled with APE ESCAPE 4

featuring a Ape Escape Battle Royale mode with the slingshots, hoola hops, row boats and other weapons, tools and vehicles

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am really enjoying Days Gone. Is this game made by the same guys who made Syphon Filter back in the day? 989 Studios?
ahh ok. I am glad the game sold well and Sony is keeping them around. Those Syphon Filter games were the bomb back in the day. I don't know what this dev was upto during the PS2 and PS3 days, but this is a nice comeback from them.
I know what you mean, because the "9 8 9 Studios" slogan can be heard when you start the three Syphon Filter games on the PSOne :) So yeah, Days Gone is made by the same team that made the Syphon Filter games (under the 989 Studios umbrella back then). They made handheld games (PSP and VITA) in the last 15 years and now they are FINALLY back at making AAA games for home consoles. They're one of my favourite studios :)

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I want the next ratchet and clank to be a soft reeboot. Reinvent the wheel but keep some aspects

invest heavily on it too and expand on things, like how GoW was a soft reeboot post the older series

of course maintain platforming, etc...
I want Ratchet and Clank to follow Mass Effect structure. RPG with platforming and shooting gameplay, you had you spaceship and you go to different planets recruiting crew members.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With TLOU II Multiplayer I assume they will add the same gameplay mechanic that's in Left Behind DLC. PVPVE. Humans V Humans V Zombie's, Battle Royale.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The MP for TLOU really surprised me with how fun it was, I can't wait to see what they do with it in the sequel.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Nah. If Sony were planning a move, it'd make more sense to wait.

They took advantage of a stock price bump. We might see them sell more if/when Control becomes a huge seller.
It's hard to say basically.
It really depends on the offer (insert name of the conpany here) makes.
It could be that said conpany makes a tender offer where the stock is valued less than the CEO managed to sell his shares for. In such a situation, he did the right thing in selling now.
Or you have a situation where some conpany makes a tender with the stock worth more than it is now, but we don't know if the board would even approve the offer.

In other words, the CEO and chairman went for the guaranteed money in selling their shares ASAP.
Either way, it's rarely a great look for the future of a company when your CEO decides to voluntarily minimize his role and investment.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Battle Royale is a mode that would work well with Clickers. You're fighting humans in groups of 4 and running from a swarm of infestation. Screams battle royale to me. The mode would work well with TLOU since most of the time you're hiding from your enemy, looking for weapons/items, crafting and listening (only pro's listen) for sound. Battle Royale also gives attention to their online.

Donthizz

Oct 26, 2017
Saw a streamer play Dreams today. I see the potential, but MM/Sony needs to find a way to help creators make money off their creations somehow.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Saw a streamer play Dreams today. I see the potential, but MM/Sony needs to find a way to help creators make money off their creations somehow.
Although not official yet, Mm did say in an interview that they and Sony were looking into it, so creators could sell their finished work or assets maybe in a special section on the PS store.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe they know that they will have a limited role in the company after an acquisition takes place, so they basically want to cash out while they still can.

giphy.gif
Well if Sony will buy them they have to make a public offering since Remedy is on the stockmarket. And that offering would be higher (99.999% of the times) than the value today. So that make it weird to sell beforehand

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Well if Sony will buy them they have to make a public offering since Remedy is on the stockmarket. And that offering would be higher than the value today. So that make it weird to sell beforehand

With stocks this small in size, they judt have to get the majority of the shareholders to agree, and with studios etc alot tend to be with a few key people, so if they want to be acquired, then they can easily convince the rest of the shareholders.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
With stocks this small in size, they judt have to get the majority of the shareholders to agree, and with studios etc alot tend to be with a few key people, so if they want to be acquired, then they can easily convince the rest of the shareholders.
Yes, but my point is that it would be strange to sell stock before a acquisition.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I... I think Uncharted MP was way better this gen, but also I don't ever see anyone talk about it
It's great. I play it almost every day. My only issue with it is they changed the ranked mode to long off the hill and nobody plays that mode.

Wish they would change it to bounty hunt.

I usually swap between uc4 & tlou mp when in between single player games.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Sony had many Online MP games during the PS3 gen, WarHawk, StarHawk, MAG, Resistance MP, KZ MP, LBP, MotorStorm, PSN MP titles, Uncharted, TLOU, , etc...

even though I liked the exclusives this gen and they were way more polished then the PS3 gen I miss Sony's MP takes as well as their quirky titles that not everyone jumped on

This gen Sony has also KZ, LBP, UC MP or a MP focused GT, TLOU2 MP and Predator will come next year.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Well if Sony will buy them they have to make a public offering since Remedy is on the stockmarket. And that offering would be higher (99.999% of the times) than the value today. So that make it weird to sell beforehand
Yes, unless the stock sinks substantially after the game releases and before the offer is made.
Remedy's CEO and chairman might think the stock is heading that way, which is why the timing of this is so weird in the first place. Then there's the matter of the shareholders' vote. If they decline the acquisition, for any reason, the CEO and chairman come out on top for turning their assets into cash before a drawn out negotiation

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, unless the stock sinks substantially after the game releases and before the offer is made.
Remedy's CEO and chairman might think the stock is heading that way, which is why the timing of this is so weird in the first place. Then there's the matter of the shareholders' vote. If they decline the acquisition, for any reason, the CEO and chairman come out on top for turning their assets into cash before a drawn out negotiation
Fair points, the stock has risen much this year (76%) so its a good time to sell eitherway. They are valued at approx. 140-150 MUSD atm. Makes me wonder how much Sony paid for Insomniac...

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Makes me wonder how much Sony paid for Insomniac...

Respawn was acquired at upwards of $300 million in 2017 by EA, I would imagine it to be in that ballpark.

Sure - there is the distinct lack of IP cost for Insomniac vs Respawn, as Titanfall IP is presumably significantly worth more than all of Insomniac's owned IPs combined ( Sunset, Song of the Deep, VR IPs, etc ), but if I remember it right - Insomniac's current headcount also exceeded what Respawn's was at point of acquisition among other factors like the leverage of Spidey/etc etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Respawn was acquired at upwards of $300 million in 2017 by EA, I would imagine it to be in that ballpark.

Sure - there is the distinct lack of IP cost for Insomniac vs Respawn, as Titanfall IP is presumably significantly worth more than all of Insomniac's owned IPs combined ( Sunset, Song of the Deep, VR IPs, etc ), but if I remember it right - Insomniac's current headcount also exceeded what Respawn's was at point of acquisition among other factors like the leverage of Spidey/etc etc.

Only a fool would not trade independence for a payday like that.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo

That's a very good point, Insomniac probably don't own much of their popular IPs, would significantly reduce price

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
honestly we should all be praying for a Remedy acquisition because i feel it's the only way to get a sequel to AW at this point

Man that game is so special to me...

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Man this partnership thing with Sony/Marvel is really a drag. FFH is like the best Spider-Man ever, and we need a direct sequel. Both companies need to compromise to make this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.