• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
They talked about Death Stranding releasing in November a couple of weeks before the trailer.

ds.PNG
what website is this?
i'm chinese so i can read, i wanna check the thread

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia

This's what many people here suggested. Sounds like a good compromises.

I was posting this stuff over a year ago. PSNow is the most obvious channel to push 'NowPass' through.

My main idea that was different here was for annual subscribers to have an optional premium on a month that a big tent pole release came out that gave the options of a months rental or discounted ownership over that title. This encourages annual subs & monetises new releases directly.

You'd see howls from places like Era sure, and team green would crow on, but for the kind of consumer used to PPV TV offerings I think you'd see a market.

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I will take one of each. I got the post pandemic edition so I will spare no expense on this series.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like the February release timeframe has been sort of an open secret for a while. My gut says Valentine's Day, and then Atlus will announce the global release of Persona 5 Royale to be on the same day, for maximum self-sabotage.

Usually Sony does the PS Meeting thing for hardware reveals in January right? Or if they reveal the PS5 in this years PSX, it would be in December. In both cases it would be before the release of TLOU2. Interested to see how they handle all this. Maybe they will treat it like a straight up cross gen title.

There really isn't a "usually" for PS Meetings. The PS4 meeting was on February 20.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next PlayStation's "reveal" PS Meeting isn't until after TLOU2 ships. It really just has to be before GDC in March.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Worth keeping in mind that Ubisoft and EA's (sports) games sell like mega gang-busters but it isn't stopping them putting them all on their subscription services (Origin Premier/U Play+) day one. So whilst I agree Benji's suggestion is the most likely outcome, I still don't think day one games is completely beyond the realm of possibility.

Those titles depend on suprise mechanics (lol) though so it makes sense to attract the most users at the lowest price. Doesn't work for Sony titles...only MLB.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
A TLoU Part 2 trailer must be close.
If stores already know of the editions that are going to be available.

I assume that is how the insider find out about it.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
A TLoU Part 2 trailer must be close.
If stores already know of the editions that are going to be available.

I assume that is how the insider find out about it.
the interesting thing is that people like benji (which i assume has access to retail information) and jason did not know about the release date of death stranding being this year, while this person knew about it 2 weeks in advance
makes me think his source is not retail actually.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
the interesting thing is that people like benji (which i assume has access to retail information) and jason did not know about the release date of death stranding being this year, while this person knew about it 2 weeks in advance
Marketing maybe then.
That is the one way he would know this.

Sharpeye

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Do you guys reckon that there will be a July State of Play focusing on TLOUP2 or a twitch announcement like Death Stranding seeing how successful that was?

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

Yeah pretty much, feed way to weird unless... retailers are knowing less and less

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Do you guys reckon that there will be a July State of Play focusing on TLOUP2 or a twitch announcement like Death Stranding seeing how successful that was?
i think they will do a stream teaser again, it works much better for huge games than a state of play episode i think, although i do want sony to go harder on state of play to really push it as their own direct, the metrics show that what they did with death stranding worked miles better.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i will post this here too, according to the TLOU2 leaker, the special edition will have a steelbook, 48 pages art book and access to the expansion, collectors edition higher priced than ellie edition.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Or a new Siren by Japan Studio

I think Siren is dead fam.

Sony really screwed up letting Supermassive get away and sign a multigame deal with Bamco.

Sure, UD wasn't a huge seller but it had amazing potential. Triggerhappytel mentioned something really interesting about turning it into a anthology series.

One set during a zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, alien abduction, etc. The universe of UD had potential.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Thanks.

Hopefully Sony lfits the lid soon, but it's exciting they already have an expansion planned.

I hope it's as good as Left Behind.
its someone from likely a chinese retail chain, i'd bet the details will be announced rather soon if it already got over there.

Has the leaker leaked anything about new gameplay?

God, I want to see new gameplay videos...
they are from retail so i dont think they would know that.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
its someone from likely a chinese retail chain, i'd bet the details will be announced rather soon if it already got over there.

they are from retail so i dont think they would know that.

Oh nice!! Fingers crossed Sony says fuck it too and hits us with a surprise gameplay trailer to formally announce the release date.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
imagine if we are having another teaser stream like death stranding with a scene like the burning car that sony uploaded. its a scene that is perfect for a stream teaser and has over a million views on youtube, in a video where practically nothing happens.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017

Sony really screwed up letting Supermassive get away and sign a multigame deal with Bamco.

Sure, UD wasn't a huge seller but it had amazing potential. Triggerhappytel mentioned something really interesting about turning it into a anthology series.

One set during a zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, alien abduction, etc. The universe of UD had potential.
They're still working with Sony on multiple projects.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I want a new Siren more than any other Sony sequel... well, as long as its in the style of 1 and 2, not the remake of 1. While it wasn't the most straightforward series to 100% (I have flashbacks to that sniper speed run mission), I just loved how strange and disturbing the first two games were. A third game like that but with PS4/5 level visuals would be amazing.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Whatever they end up doing, I only hope the low-profile campaign stays unchanged until release. This air of mistery around the game makes it look special, like an event from another time. God of War followed a similar pattern and it worked in spectacular fashion.

PS: What's with the comparison between Until Dawn and Siren? UD is more of a comedy than a real horror game.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure they didn't expect much in terms of sales and ended up being pleased early on.

I need to find the interview where Yoshida says it.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
I could see a last of us 2 release date reveal around sdcc with an announcement of a spinoff tv series or something by Playstation productions

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Much appreciated. It was shared by Zhuge, so I'm like, "This is legit," but then I'm like, "But wtf is this?!" xD~~
i guess zhuge heard similar things (he already confirmed before that february is the target so maybe he heard about all the editions or maybe he heard that the release date trailer is soon), so he decided to share that becasue he believes it is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.