• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
They are different and they are support studios but Microsoft had a support studio in their picture.

I really thought they were the same and Wiki kinda said the same thing when I searched.
About the second part...who cares ? I honestly don't see the point on just putting something over there just for the numbers, I wanna know who can deliver games !
But of course is not up to me to decide anything lol
Just giving my opinion : )

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Btw, someone posted a video about when Druckmann got "spoiled" by a questions before, he got surprised . Could have been about TLOU of U4. Someone have that clip?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, someone posted a video about when Druckmann got "spoiled" by a questions before, he got surprised . Could have been about TLOU of U4. Someone have that clip?

That was for Uncharted 4

Neil says that there's another important character that he can't mention. Then Greg says "NATE AND ELENA'S KID!" and Neil kinda gives a nervous laugh.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
I finished Spider man PS4 last night after off and on again playing over about 3+ wks. My impressions are as follows:

First off, I thought that the main story completion counter only counted towards main missions, but instead I guess that counted towards side missions as well. So I was a bit disappointed when I finished the story at about 85%, when I thought I had a little more story to go.

The last two boss battles were fine, but I beat them fairly easily. Now I had gotten very good at combat, which in turn can get a little repetitive at times, but I can't remember a time I finished not one but two boss battles so easily. Idk, felt like there should have been a little more to both.

Don't get me wrong though, the combat is still fun and engaging. Maybe it's because I did a good bit of side stuff, random crime missions etc. That's why it got a little repetitive as time went on.

Very cool, interesting New York to explore. There were many cool landmarks to find, and it, for the most part, felt like a living, breathing city.

Web-swinging is fantastic. It was important for Spiderman to feel much like the Arkham games, where you FEEL like the superhero. Job well done here.

Despite what some may feel, I really enjoyed MJ's parts. One narrative they were trying to push was that MJ was capable in her own right, and could rightfully be called Spider-Man's partner. Despite not having powers, I think she contributed well and I simply enjoyed her.

Not quite sure how to hide spoilers so I won't get into Miles, but he's a fine character himself. The twist in the end kinda had me rolling my eyes a bit, In a good way I suppose, but was very indicative they're were already looking towards a sequal. Which we all know will happen. And with the assets/engine in place and the monster sales it did, the sequel was greenlit the day after this games release.

So really it's a case of maybe not too short, but it left me wanting more. Though I felt like there was an act missing, like I was 3 quarters the way finished and then it just ended.

Count me in for the sequal though. I dont watch superhero movies, or really many movies in general. But that as a good superhero story in its own right, and while it may have been jarring a bit for those that watch the movies, read the comics, considering it's an original story, it was a strong one.

Edit: Oh right, if I had to give it a score? 8.8

Last edited:

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of how polarizing it may be, Square Enix was very smart to secure The Avengers as its marquee game for 2020. I'm hoping that Sony follows their example, and leverages established properties to create AAA games. We're seeing something to that effect with Predator: Hunting Grounds but we haven't seen enough of it to form any informed opinion of the title. I'm not sure how much it would affect development but I would assume, perhaps incorrectly, that having a mythos, world, and characters to occupy this universe, would reduce the necessary pre-production time that a title would generally have. But, as I said previously, I may be wrong. Since it seems that Cyberpunk 2077 has rejuvenated this interest in futuristic game settings and for the time, has supplanted Deus Ex as the subgenre's posterchild, I'd like to see Sony make a foray into the cyberpunk/neo noir/dystopian space. I can think of no property better than Judge Dredd that would allow for a great narrative, characters, gameplay, and living world for players to experience. With folks speculating that all these potential acquisitions are making their first AAA games, it seems safer and less daunting to set them up with an established property and if they succeed with it, are entrusted to develop their own ip.​

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Isn't this just "making games people want"?
The only example I can think of is when TV Shows run until the ratings drop and then they decide to end, often this leads to the last couple seasons not being as good. I don't want this to happen to UC. Basically I don't want it to get the the fast and the furious treatment.
My older brother called me earlier today and asked me if I know when TLOU2 comes out
... What?
I didn't even know he had a ps4, or that he apparently have played, and very much enjoyed, The Last of Us.

I didn't even know he played games anymore!
Never had a conversation with him about games since he saw me playing Uncharted 2 and he pointed out how much different games had become since he used to play on his Genesis lol.
games going to be huge, I know a few ppl at work that aren't big gamers and they also ask me about TLOU lol, it's the type of game ppl would also enjoy watching someone play.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I finished Spider man PS4 last night after off and on again playing over about 3+ wks. My impressions are as follows:

First off, I thought that the main story completion counter only counted towards main missions, but instead I guess that counted towards side missions as well. So I was a bit disappointed when I finished the story at about 85%, when I thought I had a little more story to go.

The last two boss battles were fine, but I beat them fairly easily. Now I had gotten very good at combat, which in turn can get a little repetitive at times, but I can't remember a time I finished not one but two boss battles so easily. Idk, felt like there should have been a little more to both.

Don't get me wrong though, the combat is still fun and engaging. Maybe it's because I did a good bit of side stuff, random crime missions etc. That's why it got a little repetitive as time went on.

Very cool, interesting New York to explore. There were many cool landmarks to find, and it, for the most part, felt like a living, breathing city.

Web-swinging is fantastic. It was important for Spiderman to feel much like the Arkham games, where you FEEL like the superhero. Job well done here.

Despite what some may feel, I really enjoyed MJ's parts. One narrative they were trying to push was that MJ was capable in her own right, and could rightfully be called Spider-Man's partner. Despite not having powers, I think she contributed well and I simply enjoyed her.

Not quite sure how to hide spoilers so I won't get into Miles, but he's a fine character himself. The twist in the end kinda had me rolling my eyes a bit, In a good way I suppose, but was very indicative they're were already looking towards a sequal. Which we all know will happen. And with the assets/engine in place and the monster sales it did, the sequel was greenlit the day after this games release.

So really it's a case of maybe not too short, but it left me wanting more. Though I felt like there was an act missing, like I was 3 quarters the way finished and then it just ended.

Count me in for the sequal though. I dont watch superhero movies, or really many movies in general. But that as a good superhero story in its own right, and while it may have been jarring a bit for those that watch the movies, read the comics, considering it's an original story, it was a strong one.

Edit: Oh right, if I had to give it a score? 8.8

I feel pretty much the same way. If I'd massively improve anything it would be the side missions. Repetitive and have been done before in other games. DLC was good.

Nov 8, 2017
What is your most anticipated sequel for WWS games?
It's whatever Naughty Dog does after TLOU2 is finished. If it has to be a sequel though I'm going to go with the next God of War game. Like with Days Gone 2 I really look forward to seeing what the studio can do with PS5 hardware. Horizon Zero Dawn 2 will also be amazing. There's so many great games to look forward to.

They don't wanna make another Uncharted. They wanna make their own IP. They did with Days Gone and it's super successful. Days Gone 2 is next, on PS5 ;)

I can't wait!

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Back to acquisition talk for a minute...

Nurulize's Atom View software "enables us to integrate the highest-quality volumetric data capture with traditional workflows for film, television, and gaming, ushering a new method of content creation — the blending of the digital and the real — in truly innovative ways," said Glenn Gainor, president of Sony Innovation Studios and head of physical production for Screen Gems.

Last edited:

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is for Sony Pictures, not Sony Interactive Entertainment.

It's gaming tech also. I didn't realize that that wasn't clear in the post. I'll add the following excerpt to my original post.

"Nurulize's Atom View software "enables us to integrate the highest-quality volumetric data capture with traditional workflows for film, television, and gaming, ushering a new method of content creation — the blending of the digital and the real — in truly innovative ways," said Glenn Gainor, president of Sony Innovation Studios and head of physical production for Screen Gems."

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
It's gaming tech also. I didn't realize that that wasn't clear in the post. I'll add the following excerpt to my original post.

"Nurulize's Atom View software "enables us to integrate the highest-quality volumetric data capture with traditional workflows for film, television, and gaming, ushering a new method of content creation — the blending of the digital and the real — in truly innovative ways," said Glenn Gainor, president of Sony Innovation Studios and head of physical production for Screen Gems."

It also mentions VR lol

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
So I just played around 3 hours of Blood and Truth non stop and all I have to say is : I'm fucking impressed !
Really this feels like the typicial AAA game production...on VR !
From the scale to the visuals, from the facial expressions to bullet hit detection...damn everything on it it's superb !
And it shares so much with the DNA of recent WWS studios while being so unique cause it's a VR game !
Like I said previously: I'm impressed !
It's insane what Sony achieved so far with PSVR being tied to the base PS4 and I wonder what they will be able to deliver when they go to PS5 only.
Can't wait to see what Manchester Studio bring us while London Studio and Team Asobi are cooking Blood and Truth II and Astrobot II or whatever they are cooking, I hope we get news from Manchester debut soon cause I'm hungry for some VR gems lol

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just played around 3 hours of Blood and Truth non stop and all I have to say is : I'm fucking impressed !
Really this feels like the typicial AAA game production...on VR !
From the scale to the visuals, from the facial expressions to bullet hit detection...damn everything on it it's superb !
And it shares so much with the DNA of recent WWS studios while being so unique cause it's a VR game !
Like I said previously: I'm impressed !
It's insane what Sony achieved so far with PSVR being tied to the base PS4 and I wonder what they will be able to deliver when they go to PS5 only.
Can't wait to see what Manchester Studio bring us while London Studio and Team Asobi are cooking Blood and Truth II and Astrobot II or whatever they are cooking, I hope we get news from Manchester debut soon cause I'm hungry for some VR gems lol
Thanks for the impressions! Definitely picking the game up when it goes on sale!

xneezy

Jul 6, 2018
I just finished Detroit and I really liked it. Wasn't a big fan of Heavy Rain when I played it last year so i was surprised how much fun I had with Detroit. The dialogue and themes of the game can be a little on the nose at times but it didn't bother me that much. Really enjoyed Karas and especially Connors story. QuanticDream perfected their formula with this game. (Motion Controls still suck though.)

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
HEADS UP!!!

Google just recommended me a video by Breakthrough Gaming, who, by title and description was concerned TLoU 2 was cancelled! But no worry's, it's not. Thought it might be thread worthy, but I decided against it.

Resume discussions

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
Sony is one of the major shareholders of Dimps. They have shares in Dimps.

Dimps had the development team for Freedom Wars. Shift had 15 people working on concept/story/game design which one of them was the creator (Toshiyuki Yasui). One of the graphic designers moved to Sony's management after development of GE2RB wrapped up in early 2015.

Lot's of Dimps staff from Freedom Wars team have been suspiciously absent. Lead programmer may have moved to Sony for a new studio since Sony has shares in Dimps they know every staff there especially pros and cons on the individual. Who were the genius on Freedom Wars to snatch. Others can go but the genius stays and move to Sony.

After Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and SFV they have released Soul Calibur VI and SAO Fatal Bullet. The lead programmer was meant to work on SAO Fatal Bullet if he stayed but they only thanked him in the credits.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
In any case VR is not a pain.

I just bought Blood and Truth to play it over the weekend, really excited about it.

I just don't like any hardware related to consoles in general. PS Move was also pain in the ass last generation. At least for me. I guess my main problem with them is the fact that they kill the pacing of E3 conferences lol.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I just don't like any hardware related to consoles in general. PS Move was also pain in the ass last generation. At least for me. I guess my main problem with them is the fact that they kill the pacing of E3 conferences lol.

Last year Sony revealed VR games like Astro Bot at one of their pre E3 shows.

But would have deserved the main floor....

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
speaking of VR, i am considering getting PSVR in a few weeks, but i am not sure if its smart when PSVR2 will probably release in a few years...
there are a lot of VR games that look very interesting to me.
i have a base ps4 right now though so i am not sure if my experience with it will be that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.