• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterP𝕏L

Jul 10, 2019

Thank you BOOM =)

Did this, 3840x2160.

ZNXkWK3D_o.jpg

Good job !

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here is mine !

Nice Job everyone ;)

EtUqboU.png
Almost perfect. Still, you should replace the "San Diego" one with "San Mateo Studio". We don't know right now what that new team in San Diego is doing. It's not a "studio". It's just a "team". So my guess is it's a second game studio of an already existing SIE 1st party studio.

edit.
Just saw the San Meteo stripe on the right. Replace "San Diego" with it :P

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Man a $199 Super Slim PS4 would slay for several months, would be interesting to see if they do launch it. Death Stranding would keep the momentum. A Super Slim Dreams bundle for Black Friday would be killer too.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
If I can't ride a Thunderjaw and Bird thing in Horizon 2 then the game is a failure.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽

This is blasphemous..
Nah man...Naughty Dog would absolutely kill the RPG world. It's a genre all about attention to details, pacing, and have a story with lasting impact. ND just needs to develop a cool combat engine.

Sadly I tweeted Neil if he think an RPG is the ultimate challenge for the studio because of it's heavy story presence and didn't get a reply '-(

Last edited:

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Every night when it is bed time I hope I will wake up the next day to see a thread about TLOU2 release date

I am living for this and it is killing me

Send halp

Last edited:

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
I wasn't sure if Uncharted had legs after Thief's End, but having just finished Lost Legacy I'm on board for more games. Chloe, Sam and Nadine are a fun trio. Just introduce some new characters in a fully-fledged sequel, stop by Drake and Elena's home for a pizza party and some Crash, maybe even get Cassie to tag along. Give the franchise a few years to breathe, but yeah, let's go on another adventure.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
I'm very interested in Naughty Dog's development cycles over the last few games, and how this has impacted TLoU 2.

While we don't know everything, I do know U4 incurred many internal development problems. I assume development started soon after U3, probably 40-50 odd people, while the majority worked to finish TLoU 1.

TLoU ships in 2013, and full production probably didn't start for U4 until late 2013/early 2014, amongst all the changes being made. So while initial work on it may have started in early 2012, it's not very indicative to say it was in development for 4 years. Hell ND said themselves they did U4 in like half the time it shoulda taken.

They ship U4 out in mid 2016, all the while TLoU 2 is on the back burner, with what I would assume has a decent amount of the story draft done and concept art.

Now Lost Legacy is the priority, with the major of the team on that. They push that out in late 2017, so TLoU 2 can't enter full production until after that. So this means, in a few months, TLoU 2 will have been if FULL production for just 2 years.

What I'm getting at here is even though we've know about TLoU 2 for almost 3 years, and it's existed longer than that, it's not hard to imagine why it's a 2020 game. Quite honestly it's very impressive what ND has achieved with their time this gen.

They've pushed 3, make it 4 games when you count the time and resources TLoU Remastered took, this gen. While ND seems to have a strong 500 people or so employed at the moment, compare this to other big AAA devs. Rockstar- 1 game. Santa Monica- 1 Game. CD Project- 2 eventual games. Bend- 1 Game.

And they're all shipped with the upmost quality. TLoU 2 is to be the game allocated with the most time in the oven. Which excites the fuck outta me, when they can achieve what they did with U4, in less time. I adore U4, it's spectacular.

Something to think about. Feel free to add to this if you know any more info on some of their last few games' cycles. While it would be nice to use this data to try and conclude when TLoU 2 will drop (though we already know it's likely February), unfortunately the industry is too complicated for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.