• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Fixed.

k1z5UZb.jpg

lmao, this is the best one

Oct 27, 2017
I just tought about it but I think that Hello Games despite the NMS fiasco could be a good acquisition for Sony. They're clearly talented considering they created NMS with only 25 people and have much developement experience by working on it for 3 years.

Jan 20, 2019
I just tought about it but I think that Hello Games despite the NMS fiasco could be a good acquisition for Sony. They're clearly talented considering they created NMS with only 25 people and have much developement experience by working on it for 3 years.

I dont think Sony can work with peopel they dont trust, they have no problem with working on fail project and still release it but when the developers lie to the community that is a problem and can have effects on the brand.

That is also the reason i assume, that they cut their ties with Quatic Dream.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I dont think Sony can work with peopel they dont trust, they have no problem with working on fail project and still release it but when the developers lie to the community that is a problem and can have effects on the brand.

Sony didn't cut ties, QD got a big investment ($100mil I believe) and because of that they simply don't need Sony anymore.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
I confused the number with the number NetEase invested into Bungie, so sorry for that, but the investment did indeed happen https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/29/18201917/quantic-dream-netease-investment-next-gen-games
Someone from Quantic Dream confirmed 2 days ago that the investment is big enough to self-fund multiple projects https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-07-08-jobs-roundup
I think they asked for the source of your claim that QD cut ties with Sony.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019

Wait, how did Quantic Dream lie to the community?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Sony is going into next gen strong as fuck.

They created multimillion selling new IP's this gen, and the sequels are gonna be on next gen. You want to see the sequels to GOW, Days Gone, Horizon, Spiderman, Ghost, Death Stranding, next ND game, ratchet, etc?

Obviously not all new, but GOW and ratchet had brand new life put into them. They have an absolutely amazing roster of sequels ready to fucking go.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They created multimillion selling new IP's this gen, and the sequels are gonna be on next gen. You want to see the sequels to Ghost, Death Stranding,

I hear what you're saying and while I hate to be a stickler for details, these two games haven't even launched yet. That said, the mind share these two unreleased games have captured coupled with the anticipation, hype, and grass roots support they seem to be getting does put Sony in an enviable position.

I mean, the following might been seen as some form of PS gaming heresy but I believe Ghost Of Tsushima has the potential to become a Juggernaut due to it's potential in the usually tepid East Asian Markets... But it's still unreleased.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018

They created multimillion selling new IP's this gen, and the sequels are gonna be on next gen. You want to see the sequels to GOW, Days Gone, Horizon, Spiderman, Ghost, Death Stranding, next ND game, ratchet, etc?

Obviously not all new, but GOW and ratchet had brand new life put into them. They have an absolutely amazing roster of sequels ready to fucking go.

They did great with new IP this gen, but I hope that doesn't result in us just getting sequels. Looks like ND is the only that'll be releasing a new IP, unless Sony's new teams are ready to release some too.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
They did great with new IP this gen, but I hope that doesn't result in us just getting sequels. Looks like ND is the only that'll be releasing a new IP, unless Sony's new teams are ready to release some too.

Guerrilla are almost certainly working on a new IP alongside Horizon 2. We also know Cory wants to make a new IP as well. We'll likely see the same with Japan Studios.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
i wanna see what Insomniac can do with a new Ratchet and Clank made from the ground up, gameplay and designwise.
We've seen a lot of Remakes and Reimagenings when it comes to Games like Ratchet and Clank, Crash, Spyro or Medievil. While i understand the importance of these remakes, i hope we see more new fully realized platformers next Gen.

Japan Studio is my biggest hope when it comes to that

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
2 users sayed otherwise, that was Sony that cut the ties.

Thing is when we found out what was going on within QD people were saying Sony might not work with them any more.
After a few months that is what happen .
I don't think we will ever get the full story but something had went down because of the bad PR that cause Sony.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Sony didn't cut ties, QD got a big investment ($100mil I believe) and because of that they simply don't need Sony anymore.
They did. That's all I can say. The drama behind the toxic work environment was only the tip of the iceberg. 😶
MLB the SHOW 2020
MLB the SHOW 2021
MLB the SHOW 2022
MLB the SHOW 2023

Mystery solved
I'm not sure these would be considered AAA even by SIE standards.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Really enjoying Sly 2 Band of Thieves on PS3 - way better than Sly 1 for me so far.

Just made it to Episode 2 :p

Also played a bit of Metal Gear Acid on PSP....its okay , not my cup of tea in terms of the genre.

szaCAAc.jpg

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
i wanna see what Insomniac can do with a new Ratchet and Clank made from the ground up, gameplay and designwise.

Yeah...

I hope they could evolved it, innovate, add new things to it while keeping the traditions & style of what makes Ratchet a Ratchet game.

While it's my own personal dream to see full-fledged Ratchet RPG, I'm more than fine if it's traditional mainline game but evolved, instead of same old like 2016 version.

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
By now I think it's safe to assume whatever unannounced exclusives Sony have left for the PS4 will be crossgen, they have more than enough titles for next year.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
By now I think it's safe to assume whatever unannounced exclusives Sony have left for the PS4 will be crossgen, they have more than enough titles for next year.

I know that there's been a lot of speculation about cross-gen games, but Sony has no real history of it outside of MLB and just plain remasters. They didn't try cross-gen versions of GoW2 or GT6 even though both launched after their new consoles launched. So I wonder if they'll continue that or keep certain games PS4-only or move them to just being purely PS5 games?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
So guys, yours truly Angie22 is going to make The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan OT.
And I need suggestions for the OT title (I'm really bad at it). The best suggested OT title, I will give that person credit for it in the OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.