• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I know that there's been a lot of speculation about cross-gen games, but Sony has no real history of it outside of MLB and just plain remasters. They didn't try cross-gen versions of GoW2 or GT6 even though both launched after their new consoles launched. So I wonder if they'll continue that or keep certain games PS4-only or move them to just being purely PS5 games?

LBP3 was cross-gen. I don't much cross-gen from outside of MLB The Show though.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
ob5BhuA.png

Upcoming AAA video game #4 sounds like a new COLONY WARS to me.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Notice it says upcoming game and not unannounced game? I think they usually will specify.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
So when can we expect the 100m ps4's sold announcement?
Sony Results for Q1 (April-June) will release soon (30th July)
If 100m has been reached, a PR will follow fast I guess

They need to ship 3.2m to reach 100m shipped PS4 and 37.1m PS4 games to claim officially that 1 billion games have been sold (shipped+sold through digital)

With the slow pace in NA/Japan, not sure that Europe and new markets can offset the decline.

Last Q1, 3.2m PS4 have been shipped.
I think 2.7m PS4 shipped and 38-39m games sold for this Q1 thanks to MK11, Days Gone, CTR and back catalog of publishers thanks to sales and Days of Play

Will do a thread about their results

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
For SSO to feasibly make it to other platforms like PS4, we'd be hearing news or stuff similar to how Alan Wake's pub rights went back to Remedy.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't Insom own the rights to SSO?

I'm not sure about this guys background but I remember insom themselves saying SSO2 will happen with or without MS.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They have the IP but not the publishing rights.

At this point, given everything Microsoft and the XB team have said I don't think they're about that Single player life so holding on the publishing doesn't really help them. When we take into account everyone at insom gushing about their relationship with Sony and the PS4, my guess is that they're most likely chomping at the bit to get SSO on PS4. Even if they only sell 500K units it'd be a boon for the studio imo.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
While we're still discussing Sunset Overdrive, I just wanted to say it's kinda ironic when Insomniac find more success with Ratchet 2016.

Back at Gaf, I read how they wanted making their own original IP, so they turned to Xbox.

I watch the videos about how passionate Insomniac making Sunset Overdrive & it could be their best game yet, but I find it unfortunate for me that I wont be able to play it, because that time-up till now, I wont buy a Xbox 1.

So the game out in 2014, the reviews & receptions, etc.

Fast forward to 2016, reimagining Ratchet out, and it became the studio's best selling game to date + further the amazing golden opportunity with Spider-man knocking on their front door.

So, yeah...

They found their luck, audience & success more with PS currently.

I would love to play SO (+ sequels) on PS4/5 someday.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017

They need to ship 3.2m to reach 100m shipped PS4 and 37.1m PS4 games to claim officially that 1 billion games have been sold (shipped+sold through digital)

With the slow pace in NA/Japan, not sure that Europe and new markets can offset the decline.

I think 2.7m PS4 shipped and 38-39m games sold for this Q1 thanks to MK11, Days Gone, CTR and back catalog of publishers thanks to sales and Days of Play

Thanks, looking forward to that.
I thought the 100m sold goal would be reached around now. I guess we will have to wait a little bit longer though.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Considering last quarter ps4 shipped 3.2M and that is the amount needed to reach 100M, we will very likely be < 1m away from the 100m milestone

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
EDIT: Sorry, he is talking about Dreams.

EDIT2: Ok, now the right awser, he is talking about is time in BitSummit and Indies games in general, the WWS support of Indies titles and the Chinese/Japonese developers for indie games.
Yeah that's what I thought, some chats about indies, thanks !

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
While we're still discussing Sunset Overdrive, I just wanted to say it's kinda ironic when Insomniac find more success with Ratchet 2016.

Back at Gaf, I read how they wanted making their own original IP, so they turned to Xbox.

I watch the videos about how passionate Insomniac making Sunset Overdrive & it could be their best game yet, but I find it unfortunate for me that I wont be able to play it, because that time-up till now, I wont buy a Xbox 1.

So the game out in 2014, the reviews & receptions, etc.

Fast forward to 2016, reimagining Ratchet out, and it became the studio's best selling game to date + further the amazing golden opportunity with Spider-man knocking on their front door.

So, yeah...

They found their luck, audience & success more with PS currently.

I would love to play SO (+ sequels) on PS4/5 someday.
It's a shame you probably won't be able to play it because it is a good game, but it's not anywhere near their best imo.

The core of SO is neat, the art style is very pretty, and the game feel is as great as it is in most of Insom games (Fuse *cough cough*). But it gets monotonous and could do with some variation in set pieces.

Spider-Man and at least a couple of Ratchet games, like A Crack in Time/Up Your Arsenal are comfortably better. Still worth playing if you get the chance though.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I'll pass on SO and that ridiculous humor. If they get some actual good writers i'd be down with buying a sequel from them.

Really though, I don't see why they can't just incorporate what they did in the next Ratchet game.

madgorillaz

Oct 28, 2017
Do you guys think Sony will revamp the system OS/UI for PS5? I'm thinking they might not need to from a functionality standpoint, and it would be nice if they can build on what they have, but I can see the same UI feeding the the whole 'PS4.5' narrative.

It would be good if they revamped the PS store though. Maybe somehow integrate it into the system UI itself, instead having a separate launcher.

Jan 20, 2019
Do you guys think Sony will revamp the system OS/UI for PS5? I'm thinking they might not need to from a functionality standpoint, and it would be nice if they can build on what they have, but I can see the same UI feeding the the whole 'PS4.5' narrative.

It would be good if they revamped the PS store though. Maybe somehow integrate it into the system UI itself, instead having a separate launcher.

I think they will upgrade the store and put key features that are missing.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Should Sony should launch PS5 with PS5P?
Would this devalue PS5?
Would it help developers?
Would having one SKU at a loss and one at a Profit help Sony deliver a stronger platform?

Anyone feel free to answer, even more so, hopefully some insiders (can just be in the tech field too) can share on the developer part.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I played Sunset Overdrive on PC and I found the game straight up bad. Like not even mediocre.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

with an emphasis on the ''Very'' 🤔

Wonder where they'll put Concrete Genie, fall of 2019 is already pretty packed as is.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

with an emphasis on the ''Very'' 🤔

Wonder where they'll put Concrete Genie, fall of 2019 is already pretty packed as is.

Eh, maybe October? To be fair though, SIE got MediEvil coming out then. No idea if they want to have them launch near each other. I think September could work despite it being so packed. Late Sep - Early Oct maybe.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, maybe October? To be fair though, SIE got MediEvil coming out then. No idea if they want to have them launch near each other. I think September could work despite it being so packed. Late Sep - Early Oct maybe.

yeah, that seems to be the best spot. Maybe they should push towards December at this point, since there is basically nothing there yet

Status
Not open for further replies.