• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It could just be that the press got hands on with it. That's sometimes when they announce dates and/or additional details for games.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I know that there's been a lot of speculation about cross-gen games, but Sony has no real history of it outside of MLB and just plain remasters. They didn't try cross-gen versions of GoW2 or GT6 even though both launched after their new consoles launched. So I wonder if they'll continue that or keep certain games PS4-only or move them to just being purely PS5 games?
Well PS2 and PS3 were so different though that making a port would have delayed those games or cost more in labor. It wasn't easy to port but the PS5 has the same architecture so cross gen would be easier.

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

with an emphasis on the ''Very'' 🤔

Wonder where they'll put Concrete Genie, fall of 2019 is already pretty packed as is.

Probably just a blog post with launch date trailer.

So guys, yours truly Angie22 is going to make The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan OT.
And I need suggestions for the OT title (I'm really bad at it). The best suggested OT title, I will give that person credit for it in the OT.
|OT| Ghost Ship the Game of not the movie

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of crazy to think it's been like 397 days since Sony/Naughty Dog has given us any official news about TLOU2. Hoping we won't have to wait until December (PSX/VGA's) for anything further. At the very least I hope it's been helpful for development not having to make any trailers or gameplay demos for the public.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Kind of crazy to think it's been like 397 days since Sony/Naughty Dog has given us any official news about TLOU2. Hoping we won't have to wait until December (PSX/VGA's) for anything further. At the very least I hope it's been helpful for development not having to make any trailers or gameplay demos for the public.
If the game is indeed launching in February 2020, I am expecting news very soon. 😉

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I agree that I really want to see more already, but I think the reasoning behind this is that they just don't want to talk before they are set on a specific release date and close enough to not stretch the marketing cycle too much. Don't worry, in a short while TLOU2 news will be all over our faces.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Now imagine wanting a new Ghost of Tsushima trailer. We'd be lucky to have a new one by the end of this year.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
If the game is indeed launching in February 2020, I am expecting news very soon. 😉

I don't know if "very soon" would be the right phrase. If they follow their own recent pattern, a trailer with the release date should only be shown in August or September, four or five months before the actual release of the game, just like they did with MediEvil (May > October) and Death Stranding (May > November)

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Spider-Man's first TV spot aired June 7th - 3 months before the game's release.
God Of War's first TV spot aired March 19th - 1 month before the game's release.

The difference isn't as obvious as it seems because GOW had a lot more gameplay on social media in comparison to Niche-Man which didn't deviate too far from the E3 demo.

In short, PSX 2019.

#Believe

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Do you guys think Sony will revamp the system OS/UI for PS5? I'm thinking they might not need to from a functionality standpoint, and it would be nice if they can build on what they have, but I can see the same UI feeding the the whole 'PS4.5' narrative.

I really hope they don't revamp everything just for the sake of it. I think the UI is quite good to the PS4 as it is. IMO leave it as is and continue to refine it as they go.

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's else is there to show? MP? They could show it 3-4 mo out.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Beginning to sound like "next direct when?" in here
tenor.gif

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
So guys, yours truly Angie22 is going to make The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan OT.
And I need suggestions for the OT title (I'm really bad at it). The best suggested OT title, I will give that person credit for it in the OT.

|OT| You Can Tell By The Way I Move So Slow It's A Horror Game,

Do you guys think Sony will revamp the system OS/UI for PS5? I'm thinking they might not need to from a functionality standpoint, and it would be nice if they can build on what they have, but I can see the same UI feeding the the whole 'PS4.5' narrative.

It would be good if they revamped the PS store though. Maybe somehow integrate it into the system UI itself, instead having a separate launcher.

I think they should change it so the navigation of your games is just part of the store. With the push for faster time getting into games from purchase, this seems like a no brainer to me.

The UI lets you start a game from the store because it's built into the front-facing framework instead of having to click into the store to purchase a thing, go back to the XMB, then launch the game when done downloading.

Eliminates loading screens, then you can start it right away using PSNow backend. That would also extend to the PSNow titles being more easily integrated instead of being in a separate app. Just turn on the PS, it starts on the games menu, search/filter for things you want, choose the game (if necessary, purchase), start playing.

I like the XMB, but with them adding so much stuff since launch that wasn't there at outset, a lot of stuff feels kinda bloated like Communities & Events

Themes are hidden away instead of easily being adjusted and current storage space is hidden in a menu instead of displaying in the screens where it's relevant (like on the downloads page or the library page when you want to download something so you know if you need to clear something else.

There are some intuitive changes they could make to the main UI that can make the experience of navigating around easier and possible whether online or offline while combining and streamlining the user click economy.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
What's even crazier is that in almost six years since launch the PS4 has only dropped $100 officially.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I don't know if "very soon" would be the right phrase. If they follow their own recent pattern, a trailer with the release date should only be shown in August or September, four or five months before the actual release of the game, just like they did with MediEvil (May > October) and Death Stranding (May > November)
But Death Stranding is 6 months. What about God of War (2018) -> (January > April)?

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Concrete Genie, Dreams, and Iron Man VR still need release dates so I can see a new SoP happening soon.

Probably won't see TLoU Part II again until PSX if it's really launching in February. And I'm thinking Ghost of Tsushima is a cross-gen PS5 launch title now, with how crowded the 1st half is looking.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
If the $199 Super Slim is true Sony should totally do a $399 PS4/VR bundle. PSVR has been discounted to $199 more than PS4 so selling both for $199 in a package deal seems like a smart move. At that price I can see a lot of new users picking it up despite being more expensive.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Concrete Genie, Dreams, and Iron Man VR still need release dates so I can see a new SoP happening soon.
I really hope they will put those games on an SoP this month. I'd love if Sony continued a 2month rhythm between SoPs. But I fear they might be worried about all those whiny idiots that downvoted and bitched about everything of the first two SoPs that wasn't a AAA Blockbuster.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If the $199 Super Slim is true Sony should totally do a $399 PS4/VR bundle. PSVR has been discounted to $199 more than PS4 so selling both for $199 in a package deal seems like a smart move. At that price I can see a lot of new users picking it up despite being more expensive.
Is there an actual rumor about a $199 Super Slim or just baseless speculation? Because I can't see Sony cutting the price by $100.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
The digital Xbox One being $250 makes me think that the console manufacturers don't have any interest in going below that price outside of a big sale like Black Friday.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Is there an actual rumor about a $199 Super Slim or just baseless speculation? Because I can't see Sony cutting the price by $100.

There's been some speculation going around for a couple months now, but nothing solid.

If the slim rumor turns out to be true it's anyone's guess what price they'd launch it at. It is worth keeping in mind PlayStation makes a buttload of money off of console owners, so they might feel it's better to get it in the hands of as many people as possible, especially before all of their heavy hitter games drop.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe the dogs should get a short vacation. The game won't be out for a long time yet, they could as well relax for a few days and go back to their jobs in high spirits.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Aren't all rumors just speculation? It's only not speculation once actual leaks happen with evidence. As mentioned a guy on Reddit with some credibility mentioned it.

Sony will cut the price it's just a matter of if they have a new less expensive model to manufacture or when sells slow down significantly. Still a $399 PS4/VR bundle would be a huge boon to the VR user base.

Status
Not open for further replies.