• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
This sudden spike Bloodborne merchandise talk makes me think the chances of sequel are very high. Why would Sony talk about an IP that is dead?
BB has a very passionate fanbase that is willing to buy tons of merch even now. Sony is just taking advantage of that. We know that as of a few months ago BB2 was not in production at From. Things could have changed or maybe Sony Japan is doing it.
maybe PS Productions is doing a BB TV series lol.
I'd freak out if they do a tv show with a decent budget about BB.

Oct 25, 2017
BB has a very passionate fanbase that is willing to buy tons of merch even now. Sony is just taking advantage of that. We know that as of a few months ago BB2 was not in production at From. Things could have changed or maybe Sony Japan is doing it.

I'd freak out if they do a tv show with a decent budget about BB.

i wasn't speculating that it was in active production, but I don't think something that is just in the past for PS now. They are active promoting a 4 year old game.. That isn't normal for something you have completely moved on from even if people are still buying gear.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Something seems to be brewing in San Diego.

NHvZufB.png

iwU4NSC.png
Just imagine yourself as Zapp Brannigan....
ezgif.com-add-text.gif

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
So it seems the Sony San Deigo Studio (MLB team) and the newly created studio(or team?) have been merged and moved into a new building?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's too early but I just thought of it and don't want to forget it, SIE Worldwide Studios |OT5| Part II

this is really good
So it seems the Sony San Deigo Studio (MLB team) and the newly created studio(or team?) have been merged and moved into a new building?

we don't know about a merge (or the nature of this new team's at all), but I'm pretty sure they always worked on the same location. Sand Diego Studio, VASG, and the new team were all in the same facilities in Sorrento Valley, looks like they all just moved somewhere else

Last edited:

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
we don't know about a merge (or the nature of this new team's at all), but I'm pretty sure they always worked on the same location. Sand Diego Studio, VASG, and the new team were all in the same facilities in Sorrento Valley, looks like they all just moved somewhere else

I've been trying to work out, to quote Quentin, "it is difficult to explain why" when asked why he can't reveal the studio he has joined.

In contrast we have GG being pretty open about their new in progress new studio build and expansion plan and have even had Hideo Kojima and team visit it and do a photo op.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Didn't know that SIE's PDSG was actually this big.

48865846482823.5607d45388030.png

If they moved to the new building, it is quite possible that the unannounced new team has gone along.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know that SIE's Product Development Services Group was actually this big.

48865846482823.5607d45388030.png

If they moved to the new building, it is quite possible that the unannounced new team has gone along.

the product development services groups are not all located in the same space btw. Like, Music is in San Mateo, while VASG is in San Diego and there are teams and personnal in LA and other places in California as well

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
its crazy that its not even a full year and spider-man ps4 has outsold multiplat batman games that were released on the ps3 and xbox 360. wow

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I kinda like them remaining a small team. It allows them to continue to experiment with smaller scale artsy games that wouldn't require a AAA budget. They provide something different in Sony's first party portfolio.
Keep the teams small but grow the studio so they can have another 13~15-persons team to work on another project at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.