• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
horizon was the largest Dutch media production ever. The previous one cost €45 million so Horizon is larger than this. By how much we don't know (so in reality could be much bigger than €45 million).

Yes, I wish people understood this more clearly. It could have cost €46 million, or it could have cost €96 million. All we have is a 'floor' number with no idea how close that is to the real number.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

September it is then.

Did we ever find out if there was actually something to the poster claiming that we'd be surprised by GI's cover reveal? It seems almost certain that PII will get a cover, so it'd just be a matter of when. That cover shouldn't be revealed until the 6th. So ND/GI would still have plenty of time to start teasing it if that's what it is.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's news. VASG works with all major first-party Sony teams that deal with mocap and animation, and it was confirmed last year that this new team in San Diego is being built up in partnership with VASG. She's debunking that it's San Diego Studio working on the game, and since she can't really talk about the new studio she's saying what she can about VASG's role in that new game.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, pretty interesting that Sony may be turning Visual Arts into a full development studio. They have enough talent for being one of the best studios in the industry. But does that mean they will no longer support other studios or have they hired enough to build a development team from scratch?
Maybe they're actually opening a new studio after all, and is being supported by VASG? VASG is built in a way to support games after all, plus why would Quentin shy away from mentioning that he's working in VASG when many others already say so?

Maybe a new studio is being formed and Sony isn't turning VASG into a full development house developing their own titles, or maybe not...

One interesting thing is that he focused almost entirely on Uncharted in that video so did she just confirm it's actually Uncharted?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
So it's a team inside the VASG that's working on the secret project right??
Yea, that is actually pretty major news. We didnt know exactly what were the secret san diego team, but she practically confirmed that there is some game being developed in VASG outside of the support development. This explains all the job positions that i saw in VASG (i had my suspicion that the secret team was within VASG and now it is confirmed)

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
8bd71cce-018c-4d6f-bdp4kig.gif

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, pretty interesting that Sony may be turning Visual Arts into a full development studio. They have enough talent for being one of the best studios in the industry. But does that mean they will no longer support other studios or have they hired enough to build a development team from scratch?
They will support other studios. That's their job. But Sony started to build a new team inside VASG. And this new team will work together with a big Sony 1st party studio (Naughty Dog/New Uncharted?) on a new AAA game.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
So what's up with the San Diego new studio then? more money for MLB? another project? not actually expanding just a new space?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
So we actually have new news, with the confirmation of the new studio, and no one is making that thread?

Also someone screenshot that tweet. I have a feeling wont be up for long.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
Did we ever find out if there was actually something to the poster claiming that we'd be surprised by GI's cover reveal? It seems almost certain that PII will get a cover, so it'd just be a matter of when. That cover shouldn't be revealed until the 6th. So ND/GI would still have plenty of time to start teasing it if that's what it is.

Yeah, about that.... RevengeTaken

Concrete Genie preview embargo is probably up anytime:

Been told that the preview embargo for Concrete Genie will lift on Tuesday, July 30th.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Does somebody know where Sony San Diego was housed before they moved to their new building? If they were in the same building as VASG, there should be lots of space there now for a new team.

Nov 8, 2017
100 million consoles is pretty mind-blowing when you think about the fact that those all have to be manufactured and shipped. 100 million. That's a lot of CPU's, fans, screws, hard drives, cases etc. that get created and assembled year after year after year in staggering quantities. 100 million boxes that have to get shipped around the world. Like my brain has a hard time thinking about numbers that big. Amazing.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
100 million consoles is pretty mind-blowing when you think about the fact that those all have to be manufactured and shipped. 100 million. That's a lot of CPU's, fans, screws, hard drives, cases etc. that get created and assembled year after year after year in staggering quantities. 100 million boxes that have to get shipped around the world. Like my brain has a hard time thinking about numbers that big. Amazing.
For the sake of your brain, I hope it never finds out about the number of Smartphones being manufactured and shipped :p

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The magic of modern manufacturing :)

Kyle Barrett

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
She's great as well. BA in general is a pretty special channel at Youtube in that it's one place where you can escape the general toxicity that's all over the place there. The comment section is even wholesome. It really shows that if you don't act like an asshole on your channel then you won't attract people like that.

I know!

After the last Gourmet makes I was so heartened to see the reaction: Stop giving Claire bullshit to deal with.

She reminds me of someone I know very well - a colleague, and I find it so uncanny. The way we interact in the work place is just like Brad and her. It's nice.

I love Carla too of course. I think all the content she did with Miz Cracker is what got me into BA. Then I just found out she was incredibly awesome. And Chris just seems to have a godly palette. What a cool channel.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Wasn't the new cover for the Monster Hunter DLC coming this fall?

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Two teams could do both? I know they've been hiring it's just that we, rightfully, don't focus on individual hires in this OT.

I don't think it's news. VASG works with all major first-party Sony teams that deal with mocap and animation, and it was confirmed last year that this new team in San Diego is being built up in partnership with VASG. She's debunking that it's San Diego Studio working on the game, and since she can't really talk about the new studio she's saying what she can about VASG's role in that new game.

The bolded is exactly why this is huge news imo. Everyone and their mothers think that the San Diego team is working on the next uncharted. The confirmation that they're not opens a ton of possibilities.

I see NEW AAA ip in our near future.

Jan 4, 2018
So this is going to sound crazy, which is why I'm confining it to this thread, but regarding the next Game Informer cover:

1) Ben Hanson has been subtly and consistently teasing (more so than usual in my opinion) the next cover issue for the last couple of GI Podcast episodes. In the one that came out today they even talk vaguely about the trip and really, really emphasize that it would be revealed "early" August. They usually reveal it the first Tuesday of the month (I think) which would be the 6th. And that's actually pretty late, so this might be forgoing that to possibly coincide with something else like they often do for things like E3. SoP perhaps? We know the Concrete Genie embargo is up soon so there might be one in late July.

2) But the thing that really stood out to me was when they were talking about a GTA4 mission that tangentially involves a motorcycle. Ben hones in on that small part of it with a question and then suddenly and coyly says with a smile, "Oh, the motorcycle. That's interesting, ladies and gentlemen." He then stares at the panel, waiting for a response, eventually dismissing a question from Kyle as to why he said that.

To be totally honest, Ben makes a lot of non-sequitur/strange jokes sometimes, but the inflection and body language gives me the impression it was more deliberate. It's probably a situation where I'm just looking for something to confirm my belief that it will be Death Stranding, but I do really believe DS is next.

3) Edit: Ben also specifically mentions next weeks show at the very end of the email section saying, "Next weeks show is going to be popping." and again gives a sly pause. If it is really early August, it will probably be announced by then.

In case anyone wants to see the three parts I'm talking about, here are the timestamped links:

Last edited:

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
The bolded is exactly why this is huge news imo. Everyone and their mothers think that the San Diego team is working on the next uncharted. The confirmation that they're not opens a ton of possibilities.

I see NEW AAA ip in our near future.
Hmmm? The new studio they set up in San Diego with the help of VASG is not the same as San Diego Studio that makes MLB The Show and which recently updated their logo. That is what she debunked as far as the video she was referencing goes. Sony just need to come out and announce the name of this studio to get rid of this misinformation.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
So this is going to sound crazy, which is why I'm confining it to this thread, but regarding the next Game Informer cover:

Ben Hanson has been subtly and consistently teasing (more so than usual in my opinion) the next cover issue for the last couple of GI Podcast episodes. In the one that came out today they even talk vaguely about the trip and really, really emphasize that it would be revealed "early" August. They usually reveal it the first Tuesday of the month (I think) which would be the 6th. And that's actually pretty late, so this might be forgoing that to possibly coincide with something else? SoP perhaps? We know the Concrete Genie embargo is up soon so there might be one in late July.

But the thing that really stood out to me was when they were talking about a GTA4 mission that tangentially involves a motorcycle. Ben hones in on that small part of it with a question and then suddenly and coyly says with a smile, "Oh, the motorcycle. That's interesting, ladies and gentlemen." He then stares at the panel, waiting for a response, eventually dismissing a question from Kyle as to why he said that.

To be totally honest, Ben makes a lot of non-sequitur/strange jokes sometimes, but the inflection and body language gives me the impression it was more deliberate. It's probably a situation where I'm just looking for something to confirm my belief that it will be Death Stranding, but I do really believe DS is next.

In case anyone wants to see the two parts I'm talking about, here are the timestamped links:

The fact that they're heavily emphasizing early August makes me wonder if it's going to be revealed before the usual first Tuesday of the month. If that's the case then it suggest that it's something big and they want more of the month to be able to cover it.

Jul 15, 2019

Ben Hanson has been subtly and consistently teasing (more so than usual in my opinion) the next cover issue for the last couple of GI Podcast episodes. In the one that came out today they even talk vaguely about the trip and really, really emphasize that it would be revealed "early" August. They usually reveal it the first Tuesday of the month (I think) which would be the 6th. And that's actually pretty late, so this might be forgoing that to possibly coincide with something else? SoP perhaps? We know the Concrete Genie embargo is up soon so there might be one in late July.

But the thing that really stood out to me was when they were talking about a GTA4 mission that tangentially involves a motorcycle. Ben hones in on that small part of it with a question and then suddenly and coyly says with a smile, "Oh, the motorcycle. That's interesting, ladies and gentlemen." He then stares at the panel, waiting for a response, eventually dismissing a question from Kyle as to why he said that.

In case anyone wants to see the two parts I'm talking about, here are the timestamped links:
Cod multiplayer reveal is the 3rd so maybe it's that

Jan 4, 2018
The fact that they're heavily emphasizing early August makes me wonder if it's going to be revealed before the usual first Tuesday of the month. If that's the case then it suggest that it's something big and they want more of the month to be able to cover it.
Yeah, along those lines and to add to my last post, at the very end of the email section, Ben also specifically mentions next weeks show saying, "Next weeks show is going to be popping." and again gives a sly pause. If it is really early August, it will probably be announced by then.

Cod multiplayer reveal is the 3rd so maybe it's that
Yeah that's a very strong possibility. I was mostly just thinking about the motorcycle, which I think DS is the only prominent upcoming game we know of right now to feature one? I guess motorcycles are probably also a big part of Cyberpunk and kind of FF7R.

Jul 15, 2019
Yeah, along those lines and to add to my last post, at the very end of the email section, Ben also specifically mentions next weeks show saying, "Next weeks show is going to be popping." and again gives a sly pause. If it is really early August, it will probably be announced by then.

Yeah that's a very strong possibility. I was mostly just thinking about the motorcycle, which I think DS is the only prominent upcoming game we know of right now to feature one? I guess motorcycles are probably also a big part of Cyberpunk and kind of FF7R.
maybe days gone ended up selling a megaton and sony will announce that it beat out spiderman.
just kidding, but yeah it has ought to be for death stranding

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to more Concrete Genie footage and info. Definitely a title I've been interested in since its reveal.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
?
She just confirmed that San Diego Studio (MLB The Show) isn't the studio that is working on the new (Uncharted?) game.
It's Quentin Cobb's new AAA team in the VASG building across the street. That's all.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

I really want it to be Part II. But I won't start getting my hopes up unless Naughty Dog starts dropping some hints for something coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.