• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas

As much as I hope they're going to make a remaster or something, or that this is indicative of something in the pipeline from that IP, Insomniac strikes me as the kind of company that makes these kinds of posts simply to celebrate their dev history and that it doesn't mean anything at all.

I would absolutely love a remaster of the trilogy though. I really liked the first one, the second one could have used more polish but the MP modes were awesome, and I never got to play the third one.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
tumblr_ovaceg9B3X1vlv3avo1_540.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Finish the game. Joel is a reflection of how many of us would react and ultimately become in an f'd up world like that. His character arc is brilliant. And one of his best scenes is towards the end of the game, not to mention the scene everyone loves is the finale because of how muted it is.
I'll watcg a movie on YouTube. I stopped at Pittsburgh I'm good with that

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Never understood people that say TLOU has bad or mediocre gameplay.

That game on grounded mode is incredible gameplay wise. It becomes a true survival game. Every bullet or brick becomes important. Everything you do has consequences. It is nerve wracking and really adds to tone of the story.

Grounded mode is the way the game is meant to be played. And i say that as someone who thinks most hard difficulty settings in games are just a waste of time with no thought put into them other than making enemies bullet sponges and you weaker.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Not amazing story, the plot is actually quite basic (Ellie is immune to a infection that affects humans so Joel has to get her to some people so they can find a cure). Not that there's anything wrong with that, I definitely prefer something more simple with great characters than some convulted shit with a lot of characters.

It's all about the tone and the moments during the travel of Joel and Ellie. And the voice actors were great, some examples.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I'm afraid of zombies since my childhood. I'm completely incapable to watch/read/play a movie/book/video game which include zombies.

I will play Uncharted games one day because I really want to understand why people like Naughty Dog games so much, but even if I really like those games, I just can't play The Last of Us.

Okay, thank you. So it's more the storytelling than the story, right? Have you a concrete example of that?
For an example? David. David is quite possibly the best realized character in the game with a fucking phenomenal performance from Nolan North, when from a story standpoint he's just a throwaway side villain in the second act.
The basic plot isn't anything impressive. Guy loses someone tragically, the way it happens is what sells it. Becomes an asshole 20 years later while doing stuff with woman he's sleeping with. Get a job to deliver kid to destination. Woman dies, guy is then left on his own to deliver girl who is then seen as his dead kid. Game is basically their journey to the destination with some twists and zombies.
Finish the game. Joel is a reflection of how many of us would react and ultimately become in an f'd up world like that. His character arc is brilliant. And one of his best scenes is towards the end of the game, not to mention the scene everyone loves is the finale because of how muted it is.

Joel is an animal that deserves to be put down like the piece of shit he is. As a pragmatist his entire being is an affront to the world. He well could've damned us all with his selfish actions. And yes that's what makes his character so good.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Joel is an animal that deserves to be put down like the piece of shit he is. As a pragmatist his entire being is an affront to the world. He well could've damned us all with his selfish actions. And yes that's what makes his character so good.

It's one of the reason i like him.
I was so happy they went with fuck saving the world if i can't be happy .
The world is already shit so fuck the greater good lol.
Seeing the effect of that choice in part 2 with ellie should be fun .

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Joel is a reflection of how many of us would react and ultimately become in an f'd up world like that.

I found it easy to see my own growing fondness for and determination to do right by Ellie mirrored in him. That made the game an effective storytelling vehicle just as much as witnessing Ellie's fractured innocence in a world gone wrong. Left Behind was the first story DLC that showed me that someone understood their own creation well enough to expand on it while respecting what had gone before. Really amazing.

I think more of the world building in Horizon Zero Dawn, but it doesn't hold a candle to Naughty Dog's ability to develop characters and tell story within their established world. I look forward to a continued attempts by Sony studios to outdo one another, and that's why owning a PS5 is a foregone conclusion for me, much as a PS4 was before it. The technology is just a means to an end, and seeing the next chapter in Horizon, God of War, and Spider-Man alongside whatever Naughty Dog wants to do next? I wouldn't miss it for anything.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
As much as i like ND i hope next gen everyone take a page out of SSM book .
Most of Sony big AAA games could use boss fights .
ND try with UC4 and it was okay , HZD need one for last battle , not certain if DG got any .
SSM are master class when it comes to that and i hope the other Sony studios add more of them to there games.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I got lucky on the train part on my brutal playthrough, didn't die once. If you do die though, the checkpoints are absolute hell. Saw a YouTube video some time ago and was dreading that part lol.
Yeah, it was a bit to much. Just isn't t ha t fun to play uncharted on the higher difficulties imho, especially not brutal.
Did finish it but never tried it on the other games in the collection.
I only did crushing for the plats. I don't wanna think about brutal...
I think it might be time to move on...

Oct 25, 2017
ND try with UC4 and it was okay , HZD need one for last battle , not certain if DG got any .
SSM are master class when it comes to that and i hope the other Sony studios add more of them to there games.
They were ND tier ie terrible

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
i wonder if ratchet and clank is dead. i've purchased every title ever released on console and loved r&c PS4. big fan

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Boss fights is cool if it fits the narrative imo
U4 was really cool, a sword fight inside a pirate ship
HZD had two boss fights at the end (and were okay) and before that had a huge battle which was better than the boss fights
Days Gone didn't have one and it was coherent with the story they told, the game had « just » two hordes and a big battle to conclude the game and it was fine imo

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
HZD had two boss fights at the end (and were okay) and before that had a huge battle which was better than the boss fights
Days Gone didn't have one and it was coherent with the story they told, the game had « just » two hordes and a big battle to conclude the game and it was fine imo

The boss fight in UC4 was okay but in many ways feel half ass .
HZD don't have to fit the narrative or DG since they have side mission\quest where they can do anything .
Plus the huge battle at end of HZD just feel like another battle , if they could have made you fight a semi broken down metal devil that would have been awesome .

Hopefully we fight a metal devil in HZD2 .

Oct 25, 2017
Skizzo

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I found it easy to see my own growing fondness for and determination to do right by Ellie mirrored in him. That made the game an effective storytelling vehicle just as much as witnessing Ellie's fractured innocence in a world gone wrong. Left Behind was the first story DLC that showed me that someone understood their own creation well enough to expand on it while respecting what had gone before. Really amazing.

I think more of the world building in Horizon Zero Dawn, but it doesn't hold a candle to Naughty Dog's ability to develop characters and tell story within their established world. I look forward to a continued attempts by Sony studios to outdo one another, and that's why owning a PS5 is a foregone conclusion for me, much as a PS4 was before it. The technology is just a means to an end, and seeing the next chapter in Horizon, God of War, and Spider-Man alongside whatever Naughty Dog wants to do next? I wouldn't miss it for anything.
Yup, TLOU set a new standard for actor performances. I'm hoping all of Sony's WWS take a trip to ND and up their game.

Blackleg-sanji1 u miss a lot of context, but yeah a cutscene viewing on YouTube isn't a bad way to go. Grounded mode is a beauty tho.

And Joel may be an animal, but the world is the devil's playground, so I'd say he's 'alright'.

Oct 25, 2017
I want Nd to go like fantasy or sci-fi or something like that. No reason they can't bring their style of game to a different style setting. It don't have to be grounded and look like real life for them to shine right? Flex the ps5 engine with some crazy artstyle graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.