• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2018
I don't expect anything besides DS and now Predator, but maybe another quick trailer for Medieval to show off how much it's improved? I feel like they should after the last SoP.

Speaking of which, I'm playing through the original again and having a lot of fun, getting all the chalices strikes a great effort/reward balance. I Just hope they adjust the controls and movement a bit, it can be quite unwieldy when trying to do any platforming or staying out of those near-instant death wheat fields.

jeyu

Dec 6, 2018
No, it's asymmetrical. As for the actual perspective of the game I don't think anything's been confirmed yet as far as I'm aware, but it will probably be a third person for the Predator and either 1st or 3rd person for the soldiers.
Yeah m thank you for pointing out for me . On the hype train again

Oct 27, 2017
Intermittently catching up on the thread.

Sony IP revival suggestion for PS5:

Destruction Derby - Reflections/Psygnosis/Sony

The perfect next gen demo showcase. Raytracing will make the cars look fantastic. The real time destruction of the cars and environment will show off the amazing increase in CPU power over the PS4.

It's a no brainer, this must already be in progress.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Curious at how the overall polish and production values for Predator gonna be. It's a game that is easy to imagine how it'll play like, given the developer history, but not many games of its kind necessarily has gotten high budgets.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
It's crazy how good looking Second Son was when it released!!

D0Qt.gif
Neon power related effects looked just insane. Other small details like the ripples formed by rain drops when you stand next to a puddle were amazing too. Had played it late last year, after playing UC4 and GoW and was still impressed.
Cant wait for GoT.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've loved this gen, I do think I enjoyed the last one more but I don't think this one has disappointed at all.

I'm really excited for the future and what the next gen will bring.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
Any truth to this rumor?

NojWtPw.jpg

Drake returns as the main protagonist with a new set of cast and some familiar faces

The game takes place in two different timelines past and present letting you play as another character for a good portion of the game

New cast includes talents such as Elijah Wood and Tara Strong

A new beginning for the franchise with a new studio taking the helm The Abyss (new Sony San Diego studio)

The game will also feature a new Multiplayer component and the return of Co-op Adventure

A custom-built version of Unreal Engine 4 is being used to help mimic the Naughty Dog feel and standard for this new entry.

The game currently being worked on PS5 Development Hardware tho studio do have access to PS4 Development Hardware as well so a port could be in development as well

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/cmxyb4/uncharted_v_leak_and_details/

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it doesn't make sense to use Unreal Engine 4, except SIE Bend Studio no one in SIE Worldwide Studios uses Unreal Engine 4 right?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The San Diego team making a game in UE4 was known for some time, and it was already speculated that they are working with ND, possibly uncharted. This is purely guesswork from whoever faked this leak.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
That Unreal 4 job listing is older than the leak - so it's entirely possible whoever wrote that leak saw that it was a tidbit no one noticed and wrote it up.

But yeah, unless that role is for a dedicated UE4 VASG-role, then San Diego's new project might be running on Unreal 4 instead of any existing WWS in-house engine.

Manixramz

Apr 4, 2018
drake will be the sully for Cassie , she will be main protagonist for present day. and drake playable in flashback and old gang will team up .

yeah i know , i'm dreaming ..

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
drake will be the sully for Cassie , she will be main protagonist for present day. and drake playable in flashback and old gang will team up .

yeah i know , i'm dreaming ..
I'd hate that, go against everything he learned by the end and be pretty much the ultimate betrayal of Elena, given her stance on the whole reckless adventuring thing.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Uncharted could go on without Drake & the gang onscreen anymore, but it depends how good the characters, writing, story, etc.

Personally, I want to see new fresh faces.

Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted could go on without Drake & the gang onscreen anymore, but it depends how good the characters, writing, story, etc.

I want Cassie or Chloe in the lead. A female regardless.

Uncharted already went on without them in The Lost Legacy and I really enjoyed it. That was a good test run.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
bundy6fkv9.gif

And it was almost a PS4 launch title. Shows you how good Sucker Punch and their new engine is.

Agree 100%.
You hear that MilesQ ? Considerable step up in comparison to Killzone! ^_^

I'm not a violent man, but everyone has their limit and goddamit, you've made me reach mine...

BGB%2BLEONARD%2BBUNDY%2BKO.gif

The goddamn KIllzone slander ends here!!

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Shadow Fall and Infamous, five years after launch and both still look better than almost every 2019 game.

They have another thing in common: we won't see a new entry for a long time. :(

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow Fall and Infamous, five years after launch and both still look better than almost every 2019 game.

They have another thing in common: we won't see a new entry for a long time. :(

Shadow Fall was and still is a fantastic game, I don't know why it's hated so much or seen as the weakest entry, but GG has moved onto greener pastures, so unless Sony gives it to another studio, we probably won't see another entry.

And it's all Bundy fault.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
MilesQ we can still hold out hope for a KZ2/KZ3 remaster package :(

Edit: looking at the San Diego job posting, I missed the Unreal 4 mention.
I'd be quite surprised they went that route as I dunno if it'll provide the same level of visual/technical/animation quality as ND's own engine.

People will expect the same or elevated standard from a new Uncharted in those areas (even more after TLoU Part II)

Last edited:

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
MilesQ we can still hold out hope for a KZ2/KZ3 remaster package :(

I'd love this and it'd be a great way for Sony to gauge how much interest there is in the IP. I sadly don't see it happening though, feels like Sony has retired the IP as the studio has moved onto Horizon.

Maybe the multiplayer centric game GG are working on is set in the KZ universe? I'd take anything at this point.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Shadow Fall was and still is a fantastic game, I don't know why it's hated so much or seen as the weakest entry, but GG has moved onto greener pastures, so unless Sony gives it to another studio, we probably won't see another entry.
I'd be happy with KZ 2 getting an upgrade, but even that train seems to have left the station. Sometimes it's hard to understand their reasoning: any series from the last decade could be ported to PS4, with its user base of 100 million, and become profitable in a few weeks.

The worst offender comes from games like Resistance 3, which is not available on PSN, now lost in time, to all effects. You'd think someone would have realized this by putting it on the next system, yet it hasn't happened.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I'd love this and it'd be a great way for Sony to gauge how much interest there is in the IP. I sadly don't see it happening though, feels like Sony has retired the IP as the studio has moved onto Horizon.

Maybe the multiplayer centric game GG are working on is set in the KZ universe? I'd take anything at this point.

I'm sure a porting house could handle the work well enough while GG plug away on Horizon 2.
Probably not Bluepoint (my first pick) as their hands are full on a new game though.

I also can't see that new MP game being KZ related like as you mention, the IP is on the shelf for a while but who knows tbh!

The worst offender comes from games like Resistance 3, which is not available on PSN, now lost in time, to all effects. You'd think someone would have realized this by putting it on the next system, yet it hasn't happened.

I missed Resistance 3 during PS3 era but loved Resistance 1 while Resistance 2 was ok but sorta put me off the series.
I know R3 has a good reputation among the fans, I'd like to give it a go even on PS Now even in the future if its put there.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
There's no fucking way they'd continue Drake's story, Naughty Dog ended it. If we're getting Uncharted 5 the main protagonist will be another character we're familiar with or a brand new start with brand new characters.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'd hate that, go against everything he learned by the end and be pretty much the ultimate betrayal of Elena, given her stance on the whole reckless adventuring thing.
There are many ways to walk around that, for example, the bad guys specifically targetting Drake family to make them search for treasure because Drake has become a famous explorer by now.

I imagine one way to do a new uncharted is by having Nate and Elena kidnapped to look for treasure, while Cassie will team up with Chloe or Sam to save them.

Status
Not open for further replies.