• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
That Unreal 4 job listing is older than the leak - so it's entirely possible whoever wrote that leak saw that it was a tidbit no one noticed and wrote it up.

But yeah, unless that role is for a dedicated UE4 VASG-role, then San Diego's new project might be running on Unreal 4 instead of any existing WWS in-house engine.

I don't know why WWS don't share engines much more often.

This isn't the same situation as EA's frostbite where the engine had to be converted from 1st person to 3rd person. We already have a great engine that was made specifically for Uncharted dammit!

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
There are many ways to walk around that, for example, the bad guys specifically targetting Drake family to make them search for treasure because Drake has become a famous explorer by now.

I imagine one way to do a new uncharted is by having Nate and Elena kidnapped to look for treasure, while Cassie will team up with Chloe or Sam to save them.
I know but I'd probably not like it. Drake got a good end, dragging him back just because I feel would be one of the worst things they could do. Usually when a character has that end point it's best just left that way, some exceptions like Kratos, which made the follow up game much better, but Drake becoming a Sully like character for his daughter I would dislike almost any take they'd do to get that, especially 1 where he decided to do it just because, as it'd just mean he learned nothing, also why I prefer it not being his daughter too, but they could make that work.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda very remotely SIE-related, Monkey King : Hero is Back is indeed published by THQ Nordic and will have a PC release too.

THQ Nordic, Produced in Association with Sony Interactive Entertainment and Oasis Games Limited today announced that it is releasing the game "Monkey King: Hero is Back" as well as the special "Hero Edition" version of the game for PC and PlayStation 4 on October 17, 2019. Players can pre-order the game from PlayStation Store.

Retail Version - PS4: 34.99 UK / 39.99 EUR | PC: 26.99 UK / EUR 29.99

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The Golden Hind refer to Francis Drake's ship I think...

Though, it could/would be another realatiom to Nate again, if true.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Framerate's looking more stable, the closer it gets to release.

Also, 56 enemy types... I didn't remember so many. Medievil was the real Bloodborne sequel all along.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
MediEvil always had a lot of enemy types. So pretty sure ~56 is what the first game had back then :)
Oh, I didn't imply differently, just that my memory of the game is quite... foggy (I don't exaggerate if I say I haven't played this in fiveteen years or so).

Not that quantity replaces quality, but the number is spectacular, as they said, very unusual even for much larger games. Only From Software includes so many types of enemies these days.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Sony switching their 40 dollar games to 30 dollar ones is an interesting move

I dont think thats necessarily whats happening here. Concrete Genie and MediEvil clearly are projects with less budget behind than their $40 offerings (Ratchet & Clank, Knack 2, Everybody's Golf, SotC)

I think they are just trying to match price and scope more accordingly. Which is great, they should explore all kinds of pricing to match each project

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No PS meeting most likely. Just a media invite only event and they'll break the PS5 story on their platforms. Sony probably won't hold a live conference, they're going to do it through a State of Play PS5 edition.

Can't see that happening.

They'll likely just want to tease the PS5 at a conference like they did PS4 and then go all out at E3.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Can't see that happening.

They'll likely just want to tease the PS5 at a conference like they did PS4 and then go all out at E3.
SCEI has not had a good conference/show since their current leadership took over. Couple that with their new approach of delivering news through direct streams, I can see them thinking live pressers are a thing of the past and abandon that concept entirely.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I dont think thats necessarily whats happening here. Concrete Genie and MediEvil clearly are projects with less budget behind than their $40 offerings (Ratchet & Clank, Knack 2, Everybody's Golf, SotC)

I think they are just trying to match price and scope more accordingly. Which is great, they should explore all kinds of pricing to match each project
Yeah plus Medievil is a remake and in an era where remake trilogies sell for $40 one game at $40 would look like a poor value imo.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SCEI has not had a good conference/show since their current leadership took over. Couple that with their new approach of delivering news through direct streams, I can see them thinking live pressers are a thing of the past and abandon that concept entirely.

They won't.

They'll be back at E3 2020, I'd bet on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.