• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
how's everyone gonna preorder their ps5 this time around?

i remember preordering the ps4 via gamestop but like, i haven't stepped foot in one of those in ages. and frankly not in a hurry to step foot in another one. I usually get my stuff from amazon but then like, i'd hate it if it didn't ship to me on launch day but like the day after or something. so i guess i'm leaning toward best buy? i dunno

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Anything known how many devs Bluepoint has ?

They made the UC Collection which includes three remastered games, aren't they too big for only a one game remaster ?
I hope they have a second project in development.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

i remember preordering the ps4 via gamestop but like, i haven't stepped foot in one of those in ages. and frankly not in a hurry to step foot in another one. I usually get my stuff from amazon but then like, i'd hate it if it didn't ship to me on launch day but like the day after or something. so i guess i'm leaning toward best buy? i dunno
BestBuy for me this go round. I try not to support Amazon, so I won't be going to them for my PS5 like I did my PS4.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

From a shop around the corner like with the PS4.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017

I'm just going to pray Gamestop makes it another year. 🙏

I definitely a brick and mortar shop over online for console launches and Gamestop is the most reliable when it comes to allocating stock.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions

Probably GameStop so I don't have to pay all at once.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
I'll either be pre-ordering on amazon or shopto. Maybe both at first just to secure one and then cancel the other.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
Anything known how many devs Bluepoint has ?

They made the UC Collection which includes three remastered games, aren't they too big for only a one game remaster ?
I hope they have a second project in development.

Not a chance. The UC collection were just normal remasters with some minor enhancements. They made the SotC Remake which was also a single game but still needed more effort than the UC collection.
This time it will be even a reimagining and their biggest project yet (and a PS5 game on top of that), so yeah...

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

Fuck it going YOLO to local shops on the launch day.

FSavage

Oct 30, 2017
I will say that I think that this is the final PS5 info dump for 2019. Next, I think we'll get the full reveal in another 6 months. Circa April 2020.

Agree with full reveal being in April, right after Sony's new fiscal year begins.

I think there were huge budget cut in the marketing department this fiscal year so they can save for next fiscal year's marketing onslaught.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Not a chance. The UC collection were just normal remasters with some minor enhancements. They made the SotC Remake which was also a single game but still needed more effort than the UC collection.
This time it will be even a reimagining and their biggest project yet (and a PS5 game on top of that), so yeah...

But the SotC remake was remade from ground up and will that also be the case with a PS3 game like DS ?

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
These out of no where Wired PS5 info drops are exciting.

Remember how Spider Man and Insomniac were mentioned in the first PS5 reveal article (Wired, back in April)? It's was like a tip for Insomniac Games acquisition. Now Bluepoint Games has the spotlight. May be it's a coincidence, may be not.

That's a good point. I though it was weird that Bluepoint Games appeared & shared PS5 info too.

That'd be dope studio acquisition considering how amazing their Shadow of The Colossus remake turned out.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'll probably just do GameStop, like what I did with the PS4.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018

I feel like the only reason not to order it from the PlayStation Store is if you don't have Plus...

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I really hope Death Stranding isn't a one and done for Kojima and Sony. I really value his output and hope Sony attempts to at least make a multi-game exclusive deal with DS (which seems to be as they own the IP and Kojima says he has more to tell).

If DS ends up on PC I'm curious as to what it means for the future with their relationship.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I really hope Death Stranding isn't a one and done for Kojima and Sony. I really value his output and hope Sony attempts to at least make a multi-game exclusive deal with DS (which seems to be as they own the IP and Kojima says he has more to tell).

If DS ends up on PC I'm curious as to what it means for the future with their relationship.
It makes sense for both to continue. How many publishers would give Kojima this freedom to create a game like Death Stranding?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

I can't see where Kojima's gonna get a partner that hires a bunch of hollywood actors and gifts them their proprietary engine to work on.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017

I got my PS4 from Amazon. Will do the same unless Best Buy does mid-night pick up.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"While there's much more to share about PlayStation 5 in the year ahead, we have plenty of blockbuster experiences coming your way on PS4, including Death Stranding, The Last of Us Part II, and Ghost of Tsushima." from PS Blog
Ghost of Tsushima is a PS4 game

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
"While there's much more to share about PlayStation 5 in the year ahead, we have plenty of blockbuster experiences coming your way on PS4, including Death Stranding, The Last of Us Part II, and Ghost of Tsushima." from PS Blog
Ghost of Tsushima is a PS4 game

And 3rds like FF7R, Yakuza 7, Cyberpunk and probably Granblue Relink.

With such an amazing final year line up, the waiting for next gen should be relative easy :)

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
True, but if DS rakes in cash others may be willing to pay.

Can't really picture Kojima going anywhere else after Death Stranding.

I mean, the biggest reason he choose Sony in the first place after the Konami fallout & before the Decima Engine, was the trust & history he has had with Sony.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't really picture Kojima going anywhere else after Death Stranding.

I mean, the biggest reason he choose Sony in the first place after the Konami fallout & before the Decima Engine, was the trust & history he has had with Sony.

They give him a big budget, tech and let him do whatever he wants while pretty much giving him the superstar treatment.

His fanbase is also mostly on PS.

You'd have to be pretty dumb to walk away from that kind of deal.

Sora78

Jun 3, 2018
Ahaha here is mine :

Tr7fjb4.png

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019

This is going to be a huge issue for those in Canada in feel. Amazon has been incredibly inconsistent with video game preorders, (at least on the Sony side of things). EB Games is dying here it seems and Best Buy is the only option. I also fear the prices as for some reason the PS4 is still around $400 for the base model. I bought my launch PS4 in 2013 for that much. I know our dollar isn't doing great for years but this is getting unsustainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.