• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Death Stranding has quickly gone from the blandest cover among SIE's library to one of the best with that sleeve.

I might do a crazy thing and buy both versions.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sale of a Generation on PSN might have boosted Spider-Man

1570791191-capture-d-ecran-2019-10-11-a-12-49-58.png

look at Crash Team Racing

and I remember when some people thought it wouldn't sell that much compared to Sonic Racing and the Crash collection

Id like them to fit the GOAT PS2 startup in there somehow 🤔
[/QUOTE]
same

they should make it so you can choose either or

or if you boot up the console straight into a game it does the PS2 boot up

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

With Bluepoint's being the first game even confirmed for the PS5, I wonder if it'll also be the first game that Sony shows for it? They went a bit unconventional this gen with the first game shown running on a PS4 (Knack). So a remaster/re-imagining would fit with them. And it's Bluepoint, so you know it's going to be ridiculous looking from a technical perspective.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
So what's you're final take on Death Stranding? Another critical darling or Hideo first miss in a few decades?

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
I have a question for those subscribed to PSNow. It says you need a credit car and/or paypal, but that's just to purchase the subscritption right?
Once buy it, i can just remove the credit card information for my account and still use the service correct?

That's what I do when I subscibe the PS+ and I'm guessing it works the same way with PSNow.

You can just turn off auto-renew in your settings if you want to avoid getting charged.

Oct 27, 2017
So what's you're final take on Death Stranding? Another critical darling or Hideo first miss in a few decades?
Critical Hit. You can tell by how fast and smooth the development of that game was. To create an open world AAA game in 3 years with a small team means that man already had this game planned, mapped and ready inside his mind for a while. I don't know if it will reach goty status, but I'd be surprised if it's anything less than a crazy fun game.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Don't Bluepoint have a new IP in development? I thought I had read that they were working on something new.
Yeah their working on the remake, but I thought they were working on something else to. I could be wrong about though.
They said they were interested to eventually create their own IP... nothing more. They never said they were actually working on something new. It will happen one day if they continue this partnership with SIE. I think you may be confusing them with Ready At Dawn, who said they were working on a new AAA console game based on a new IP.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I just have this feeling that Ape Escape will be revealed for PS5 as a launch title. And that would be amazing!

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I just have this feeling that Ape Escape will be revealed for PS5 as a launch title. And that would be amazing!

I'm on board with it happening as well. Japan Studio have basically gone dark since Astro Bot released over a year ago. And this generation PS fans have shown they're nostalgic for old PS platformers (Spyro, Ratchet and Crash were all big successes). Having something like AE at launch would be a surefire success for them.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't the Ape Escape games incredibly mediocre though...

I only know of them through the mini game in MGS3.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't the Ape Escape games incredibly mediocre though...

I only know of them through the mini game in MGS3.

The main platformer games are fucking amazing. They're legitimately good platformers. Really goofy and unique as well. The spinoffs they've had don't fair nearly as well.

I have to be honest, even though I'm excited for Demon's Souls by BluePoint the word "re-imagining" scares me lol

Hopefully they won't fuck this up if it is indeed DS.

Yeah, I get that it makes people uneasy. But Bluepoint have shown that they're really good about respecting what the game is and what the developer intended it to be. I can't imagine that they're going to do anything with it that would completely alter what makes the game Demon's Souls. But one thing I do expect is that they'll go to From and get the data that they had for the 6th archstone so that it can be included in the re-imagining. That alone would be huge as it's something fans have wanted for a long time.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Critical Hit. You can tell by how fast and smooth the development of that game was. To create an open world AAA game in 3 years with a small team means that man already had this game planned, mapped and ready inside his mind for a while. I don't know if it will reach goty status, but I'd be surprised if it's anything less than a crazy fun game.
This is the most reasonable take I've read in a while and I completely agree! if BOTW didn't already make traversal so fun what Hideo has seemingly done might have been a even bigger deal. But I do expect a fun whacky game at worse

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The main platformer games are fucking amazing. They're legitimately good platformers. Really goofy and unique as well. The spinoffs they've had don't fair nearly as well.

Yeah, I get that it makes people uneasy. But Bluepoint have shown that they're really good about respecting what the game is and what the developer intended it to be. I can't imagine that they're going to do anything with it that would completely alter what makes the game Demon's Souls. But one thing I do expect is that they'll go to From and get the data that they had for the 6th archstone so that it can be included in the re-imagining. That alone would be huge as it's something fans have wanted for a long time.
So it's been confirmed that Demon Souls Raymastered is a thing?

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Hope you are right. Haven't played SOTC remake yet but I saw comparisons and their work was incredible (Wander face aside).

I want something similar for DS. Regarding the 6th archstone we'll see, not sure if it was ever intended to be in the final version of the game in the first place and then got removed for some reason. I haven't read much about that but From does cut plenty of content from their games.

So it's been confirmed that Demon Souls Raymastered is a thing?

No, we are just assuming it's the case because Jason hinted at it.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Ya'll screaming for Demon Souls and all I want is a new entry in the Ape Escape franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.