• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Who's hyped for MW? Really looking forward to the campaign. In Kurosaki and Minkoff i trust. Haven't been this hyped for a Call of Duty game since Black Ops 2.

I'm day 1, But I'm not hyped for it. IW's attitude on a competitive playlist is pathetic. I never understand why this feature is so brain dead difficult to be ready for launch. I hate playing pubs. Hopefully the storytelling is good, My last played campaign was AW.

Oct 25, 2017
You know I got ya baby
463305331540230184.png

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
Super sorry for the off topic random question! But how is everyone's upload speed on their ps4?

I just got a 50 down 10 up package last week and I have done a dozen + speed tests on a wired connection. I always get 47-49 download. But my upload ranges from 50kbps-480kbps.

My iPad and phone upload test range from 9-9.8 on wifi.

There must be some setting I don't know of or something that's bottlenecking this? Any help would greatly be appreciated :)

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jak II & III>>>>>>>>>>>>Jak 1
Hard disagree on that. Jak 2 and 3 were aping GTA without really understanding what makes an open world game good. Jak and Daxter was a very solid (though pretty easy) platformer made by a team very experienced in that genre.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Super sorry for the off topic random question! But how is everyone's upload speed on their ps4?

I just got a 50 down 10 up package last week and I have done a dozen + speed tests on a wired connection. I always get 47-49 download. But my upload ranges from 50kbps-480kbps.

My iPad and phone upload test range from 9-9.8 on wifi.

There must be some setting I don't know of or something that's bottlenecking this? Any help would greatly be appreciated :)
Are you using the PS4 system settings network test? If you are don't it's trash.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not. I'm using fast.com. Funny enough the ps4 system test gives me around a 1~ upload speed. So somehow faster. But says about 27 for download. So I know it's way off.

I recently was messing around with speed tests after I moved and had a crap connection. I never really got speed tests to show accurately through the PS4 web browser and I just monitored real time traffic on my router with my PS4 doing DL/UP with files. See if you can monitor real time traffic with your router.

My issue was Spectrum gave me a newer modem that has packet flood protection so eventually my DL speeds just tanked. Made them give me an Arris router.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not. I'm using fast.com. Funny enough the ps4 system test gives me around a 1~ upload speed. So somehow faster. But says about 27 for download. So I know it's way off.
I wouldn't trust fast.com on PS4 browser. Says I'm 140Mbs down 330kbs up. In real world use those numbers are wrong.

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
Thanks for the advice Malkier ! :) it just seems strange that all my other devices work fine on wifi. But only ps4 is bad. I also have an Arris router I'm not sure how I check real time traffic through my router. I'm on the site for advanced configuration but there's a lot of info here haha

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the advice Malkier ! :) it just seems strange that all my other devices work fine on wifi. But only ps4 is bad. I also have an Arris router I'm not sure how I check real time traffic through my router. I'm on the site for advanced configuration but there's a lot of info here haha

I just don't think PS4 web browser is good enough for these tests. I have an Asus router with an isp provided Arris modem. Not sure if Arris routers will let you see real time traffic.

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
Yeah there's a lot of info on this arris advance control thing. Way over my head. I think your right that ps4 web browser is to blame. All other devices seem to be working fine so I'm gonna go with ps4 web browsing not good for checking upload speed. So there's probably not a problem. Thanks so much for your time and help Malkier have a good one bud! :)

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Will those "exciting news" would be at new State of Play, PSX, or just plain Wired articles/PS Blog posts?

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm interested in a Killzone reboot only if you play as Helghast

Killzone need to go back to it's root and have multiple playable characters with distinct class like Killzone 1. even after so many Killzone games, the original cast of Templar, Luger, Rico and Hakha is still the most memorable one other than the Helghast villain, although I don't mind Sev.

either this, or change genre and make tactical squad shooter, basically make KZ Liberation but in a more immersive 3d person view, allow you to give order to your squad etc

Oct 27, 2017
New I.P this generation:
The Order 1886
Knack
Bloodborne
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Detroit: Become Human
Astro Bot
Concrete Genie
Days Gone
Ghost of Tsushima
Blood & Truth
Until Dawn
Sony has created so many new I.P this generation and they've also made enough sequels.
Don't forget Driveclub, Death Stranding, Alienation and the GOTG The Last Guardian.

Oct 27, 2017

One of Naughty Dog's best

don't @ me.

Ugh, their worst game since the PS1 began. I loved the first game so much and I absolutely hated the change in tone and direction in this one. It was such a designed-by-committee attempt at copying GTA, and just not fitting at all for the world they created with the first game IMO.

I'm like the only person that's interested in Predator so fine by me :P

I'm reasonably interested in it. After hearing from a lot of folk how bad it looked when I finally saw the footage I thought it looked fine.

If GG announces a new Killzone next and not Horizon 2....

Hermen Hulst better block me now on twitter, because it will not be pretty.

There's 100% going to be a new Horizon, and probably something else too. If they're working on a smaller multiplayer-only FPS it could conceivably be ready before Horizon 2.

I'm day 1, But I'm not hyped for it. IW's attitude on a competitive playlist is pathetic. I never understand why this feature is so brain dead difficult to be ready for launch. I hate playing pubs. Hopefully the storytelling is good, My last played campaign was AW.

Infinite Warfare was worth playing too. It's a solid sci-fi shooter with spaceships and battles on other planets and whatnot, as well as still feeling like a traditional COD game. It's probably the best COD campaign I've played since Modern Warfare.

Will those "exciting news" would be at new State of Play, PSX, or just plain Wired articles/PS Blog posts?

It'll be more teases so he can try to increase his number of Twitter followers.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
After turning on HDR on my Pro the screen has begun "blinking" every 5 minutes or so... Like fully black for around a second.

happens in games, youtube, netflix, menus etc. Anyone other have noticed this?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
New job listing @ Sucker Punch

Camera Designer
Sucker Punch is looking for a Camera Designer to take the player on an immersive, thrilling experience. You get to work with game cameras in the realms of design, implementation and tuning. World class artists and designers await your creative view on solutions to make our world more dynamically alive!

They seemingly found an UI Artist, that job listing is no longer available

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, Capcom rumors. I'm so in for a Capcom game next gen, their current crop this gen have almost all been excellent, so I look forward to them continuing the streak next gen.

Oct 25, 2017
After turning on HDR on my Pro the screen has begun "blinking" every 5 minutes or so... Like fully black for around a second.

What are your video settings on the Pro?

It might be some sort of weird handshake issue which can usually be resolved by manually setting the proper option rather than leaving it to auto.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019

Samsung TV? If I'm correct, just turn off HDCP and change resolution to 2160p RGB. Should fix the problem.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Never happened to me. What tv/monitor? I'm with a xe9000 55" bravia.
What are your video settings on the Pro?

It might be some sort of weird handshake issue which can usually be resolved by manually setting the proper option rather than leaving it to auto.
Samsung TV? If I'm correct, just turn off HDCP and change resolution to 2160p RGB. Should fix the problem.

Samsung 75" 4K/UHD TV (don't know the exact name)
I use 2160p RGB, HDR on auto, HDCP on auto. Im not home right now but every setting is pretty much on auto if I recall.

i can try turning off HDCP, thanks for the help

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
What is this person even saying?

An updated RE Engine game but it's not Resident Evil? So DMC5?
Well that's the only game with RE Engine not belonging to the RE franchise right now.
It sounds like the guy is confused though, his post doesn't make much sense. How can it be something new and updated at the same time?

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's the only game with RE Engine not belonging to the RE franchise right now.
It sounds like the guy is confused though, his post doesn't make much sense. How can it be something new and updated at the same time?

Probably means the engine is updated for the next gen consoles (ie. Capcom won't be starting from scratch building a new engine this time around), the game is new.

Status
Not open for further replies.