• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
What is this person even saying?

An updated RE Engine game but it's not Resident Evil? So DMC5?

Well that's the only game with RE Engine not belonging to the RE franchise right now.
It sounds like the guy is confused though, his post doesn't make much sense. How can it be something new and updated at the same time?

It's written weirdly but I took it to mean a new game in the updated RE Engine.

Should the official playstation magazine really be doing this ? Lol

I doubt the person who runs their twitter knows insider info about launch games? It's probably just speculative.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
It's written weirdly but I took it to mean a new game in the updated RE Engine.

I doubt the person who runs their twitter knows insider info about launch games? It's probably just speculative.

Oh i wasn't saying should they do this because they actually know something. More is it responsible to do that when your the official magazine and some people might take that word as gospel because of them being the official magazine.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Just placed an order for a physical copy of MediEvil Remastered. Can't wait to play it and feel that childhood magic in 4K again. Definitely one of the best games on the original PlayStation.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
I don't see Horizon 2: One Dawn being ready for PS5 launch. I reckon it'll be 6-12 months after launch. Would make a perfect big game for October/November 2021.
I see it as a launch window release like Infamous Second Son, so Feb/March the year after. That would mean around 4 years in production which is a healthy cycle for what I'm guessing is an iterative sequel. Then again if they are properly leveraging the PS5 they may need more time.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon's Dogma 2 here we go.
Too soon. That'll be another Itsuno game, and seeing as he just finished DMC5 this year...

Capcom doesn't announce games that far out either, its why this years E3 announcements were so non existent, so whatever this game is it'll probably be ready around launch or the year after it.

No idea what that game could be though if its not RE8, even REmake 3 seems a bit too soon to happen.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Too soon. That'll be another Itsuno game, and seeing as he just finished DMC5 this year...

Capcom doesn't announce games that far out either, its why this years E3 announcements were so non existent, so whatever this game is it'll probably be ready around launch or the year after it.

No idea what that game could be though if its not RE8, even REmake 3 seems a bit too soon to happen.
The next Capcom fighting game will likely be on RE Engine. SFVI will likely be teased as soon as there's an actual conference showing PS5 games (be it E3 or something else).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The next Capcom fighting game will likely be on RE Engine. SFVI will likely be teased as soon as there's an actual conference showing PS5 games (be it E3 or something else).
I have some doubts on SFVI being shown off next year. There's been rumors spurned on by some comments Ono made that SFV will be supported for a while yet (though its unclear how long that actually is), and SFVI won't be revealed until SFV is truly on its last legs, if Capcom will be supporting it after 2020 then I don't see SFVI coming before 2022.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I have some doubts on SFVI being shown off next year. There's been rumors spurned on by some comments Ono made that SFV will be supported for a while yet (though its unclear how long that actually is), and SFVI won't be revealed until SFV is truly on its last legs, if Capcom will be supporting it after 2020 then I don't see SFVI coming before 2022.
They basically said the same kind of thing with SFIV.
SFVI being shown in 2020 doesn't mean it'd release in 2020 anyway.

Oct 25, 2017

There's the CPT to consider as well. To keep interest up they aren't going to want a long stretch without an actively supported game so I don't expect a big gap between the end of SFV support and SFVI's launch.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
Animator Jonathan Cooper has left Naughty Dog:

2YEfWdm.jpg

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
We should start campaigning for Jim Ryan create a Twitter account.
I would like to read his thoughts and opinions on diferent subjects.

Plus send him the gifs i made.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
They basically said the same kind of thing with SFIV.
SFVI being shown in 2020 doesn't mean it'd release in 2020 anyway.
And Capcom don't show games that are that far out from release, and I know they won't have SFVI ready for next gen launch (too soon, they'd want people beta testing it for netcode and balance) so that either means early 2021 - because they would want it out before CPT starts and far enough ahead to get people into it for Evo, or its further away than 2021 (which is still my current belief)

There's the CPT to consider as well. To keep interest up they aren't going to want a long stretch without an actively supported game so I don't expect a big gap between the end of SFV support and SFVI's launch.
Now this I agree with. Capcom will not want an Evo/CPT without a Street Fighter or Capcom fighter for sure. So whenever SFV finally does die another game will be right round the corner to takes its place.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
After turning on HDR on my Pro the screen has begun "blinking" every 5 minutes or so... Like fully black for around a second.

happens in games, youtube, netflix, menus etc. Anyone other have noticed this?

This can also be the result of an HDMI cable that works fine at 10.2Gbps but is marginal at 18Gbps, since turning on HDR is likely bumping your requirements up into the HDMI 2.0 range. Replacing the cable with one certified for HDMI 2.0 may also cure your ills.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Animator Jonathan Cooper has left Naughty Dog:

2YEfWdm.jpg

Oh wow, didn't expect that.
One of the most prominent 3D animators in the industry. I guess his work on TLOU2 is done, wonder where he's going.
And Capcom don't show games that are that far out from release, and I know they won't have SFVI ready for next gen launch (too soon, they'd want people beta testing it for netcode and balance) so that either means early 2021 - because they would want it out before CPT starts and far enough ahead to get people into it for Evo, or its further away than 2021 (which is still my current belief)
Well of course it'd be early 2021 at best, that's what I said. It won't be 2020. But it can be (and likely will be) revealed in 2020.
SFV was revealed in 2014 and released in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.