• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This next generation talk has got me so hyped
DriftingSpirit
Screenshot_20191014-232407.png

Oct 25, 2017
The only talent worth tracking are the directors.

Ask the folks who keep posting resumes of random devs to explain why they give a shit about those people.

And this is why the Ikumi worship is creepy; it's cringe af.

But she literally was the creative director for an AAA game. She is off the project now for unknown reasons, but by your own definition she is technically worth paying attention to especially as a free agent publicly flirting with idea of working for the company this thread is devoted to. Your complaining makes no sense.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
But she literally was the creative director for an AAA game. She is off the project now for unknown reasons, but by your own definition she is technically worth paying attention to especially as a free agent publicly flirting with idea of working for the company this thread is devoted to. Your complaining makes no sense.
Ghostwire is irrelevant until it actually sees the light of day and has been reviewed.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Well there is only partial truth to that. The PS4 was a runaway success and practically sells itself so I can understand that mentality when there is much less pressure at that point of the PS4's life cycle for that wave of exclusives.

Launching what I believe will be a pricey ($499) new major platform means that they have to have a couple of enticing first party games no matter what. There isn't an option for them in this case to allow more dev time if that means a barren launch for first party games, so I just hope Horizon 2 isn't meant to carry the line-up.

There are a number of avenues they can go down. For a long time there's been a lot of fan speculation that Sony may try to launch at least one of the big three alongside the PS5. DS and PII are obviously out of question now, but that puts GoT right in line to be it. That would be a huge game for launch. You then have games like Demon's Souls and/or R&C. That's obviously without taking into account games that we simply wouldn't have knowledge of right now. Along with whatever co-marketing ventures Sony goes with this time around.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Maybe joining Insomniac? Not uncommon for ND/Insomniac employees to move between studios. I mean 2 of the current Insomniac animators in this picture used to work at ND.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Ikumi Nakamura was basically groomed to be Shinji Mikami's succesor. Right now she may not have a tangible success, but I think a lot of developers and creative minds in the industry are completely aware of the potential that she has.

So I'm looking forward to whatever she does in the future, and considering how much free reign Sony gives to their big Single Player narrative driven projects, I wouldn't be surprised at all if she ends up there in some manner.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Like BotW?

And no, the WiiU version amounted to virtually nothing.
Botw was crossgen. Nintendo came from a disappointing WiiU performance, so needed to boost switch as much as they could. And their platforms are a bit peculiar, 3rd party games aren't exactly the main reason why many buy then, so their first party is 'the reason' usually, so it makes sense, the attach ratio for their software is really high, it sells well and full price for much more time compared to games on other costumes.
The success of Sony FP software seems different to me because they face much stronger 3rd party competition, so timing is crucial, and putting a +5 seller that will drop in price in 6 months with limited hardware quantity is not good idea. In my opinion of course.
Because when the platform will reach 30 million to say a random number, the quantity of 'big' games available will be so big that i doubt people will buy that HZD2 released 18 months ago, and will probably go after whatever big game is popular at that moment.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Ikumi Nakamura was basically groomed to be Shinji Mikami's succesor. Right now she may not have a tangible success, but I think a lot of developers and creative minds in the industry are completely aware of the potential that she has.

So I'm looking forward to whatever she does in the future, and considering how much free reign Sony gives to their big Single Player narrative driven projects, I wouldn't be surprised at all if she ends up there in some manner.
Where did the bolded come from?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure she's talented and whatnot, but if Sony gets her it's gonna be mainly cuz of the free PR points they're gonna get for whatever game they gonna unveil next. Just put her as the art director on the next Siren/horror game under Toyama and maybe people would give a shit then.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I don't know how and why did Shaun Escayg (Uncharted: The Lost Legacy's director) see my Instagram story. It's not even game related. Madness lmao!

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly don't know half the people ya'll be posting on here with the creepy resume posts.

Also yes pls to a new big budget horror game.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Guerrilla Games

Senior Game Programmer
Guerrilla, developers of Horizon Zero Dawn, are looking for a Senior Programmer to join the Game Code team.
- You will work together with the animation, core and combat design teams to implement the systemic and gameplay features of an epic open world game;
- You will technically design, implement and optimize a wide range of in-game features such as ranged and melee weapons, combat and traversal mechanics, player skills, damage and hit responses, camera, inventory and economy systems;
- You will implement new functionality for, and improve the Decima engine;
- You will work together with an experienced team of programmers.

Principal Animator for Living World
The Living World Team is a multi-disciplinary group of designers, programmers, animators and artists that work tightly together to bring our villages, cities, cultures and civilization to life. The team collaborates with our writers, tech & tool developers, game direction and art direction to push the liveliness of our world to new heights.

As a Principal Animator, you breathe life into our worlds. For you, animation is not just about the key-frames and poses of the hero characters. Your canvas is bigger; you work on the scale of streets, cities… entire worlds. For you the world is a character in itself.

Lead Game Designer
Guerrilla is looking for a Lead Game Designer to oversee the design and development of key gameplay features and mechanics that form the core of our games. As the successful candidate, you will head up the Core Game Design team and work with multi-disciplinary teams to create a game of the highest possible quality.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I wouldn't worry too much about Jonathan Cooper. I just remembered he started doing animation workshops for a bunch of studios in the past few weeks and months. He visited Eidos Montreal not too long ago if I remembered correctly. 😅

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Ikumi seems like a cool person. But some of the obsession with her is a bit creepy I must agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.