• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't imagine the visuals of a Horizon 2 on next gen hardware..

zwgobo9a5eqcvx4fkyib.jpg

pacywhfxxibfnqdqmsuz.jpg

ce1dtiymnw4gabcf5gyh.png

Same. Its hyper realistic exaggerated palette is just so damn appealing to me from an artistic and graphical perspective.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
If anyone thinks Sony is going to let go of that Call Of Duty contract they must be out of their mind. Lol

I think Activision might simply not renew it. As CoD goes crossplay, platform marketing is just unnecessary. I fully expect after the current one runs out they just switch between the two every year kinda like Assassin's Creed does. Because I doubt Sony is going to pay for nothing, which is what is going to happen.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
I think Activision might simply not renew it. As CoD goes crossplay, platform marketing is just unnecessary. I fully expect after the current one runs out they just switch between the two every year kinda like Assassin's Creed does. Because I doubt Sony is going to pay for nothing, which is what is going to happen.

Yea right.
lol

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Marketing is not only about that .
It's also about bundles , doing a custom system , having you system name on all the advertisement , E Sports branding .
Having cross play don't effect any of that .

Last edited:

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
For the right price they're always gonna renew it.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Rewatching this and holy shit. Game still looks fucking crazy.

Horizon 2 will be the end of us all lol

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Both Horizon and RDR2 on the Pro looked amazing to me. Both went for two very different atmosphere's and nailed them perfectly I felt. Plus RDR2 had some amazing animations. My main complaints with that game were the aiming and the hunting, graphics wise it was insane (especially when storms were brewing)...

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
HZD looked incredible when I first played it, but it really fails to impress whenever I see it now. Same with God of War. These were some of the best games I'd seen visually at the time of playing, but now it's just like...yawn.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
and some people say red dead looks better than this. lmaoo Red dead doesnt look anywhere near this good. Nor does it even control as good as this game. lmaoo
RDR2 does look better than Horizon (not talking about controls, I doubt anyone even ever compared RDR2 and Horizon on that side).
That doesn't mean Horizon looks bad or anything.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
HZD looked incredible when I first played it, but it really fails to impress whenever I see it now. Same with God of War. These were some of the best games I'd seen visually at the time of playing, but now it's just like...yawn.
This is a weird statement
Like, did the games somehow less visually impressive somehow, or are there new games that you think put these games to shame visually speaking?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Have you had early access to some next-gen games already?

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
This is a weird statement
Like, did the games somehow less visually impressive somehow, or are there new games that you think put these games to shame visually speaking?

It's not about other games 'putting them to shame' (pretty ridiculous to say such a thing), just that they don't impress me as much as they used to.

Have you had early access to some next-gen games already?

Gears 5 is pretty incredible on a 4k TV. Easily the most visually impressive game I've played so far.

Next will probably be between TLoU2 and Ghosts.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not about other games 'putting them to shame' (pretty ridiculous to say such a thing), just that they don't impress me as much as they used to.

Gears 5 is pretty incredible on a 4k TV. Easily the most visually impressive game I've played so far.

Next will probably be between TLoU2 and Ghosts.
Ehhh... not really, 60fps was neat though

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Everyone obviously immediately thinks that when he says that he's heard the PS5 is about "history" that it's just referring to BC. But I hope it's more than that and really a general console philosophy for it. This generation more than any other they've seemed to start caring about their past more. They've gotten behind and heavily promoted remakes like Crash, Spyro, RE2 and FF7R, they've remastered Parappa and remade SotC and MediEvil. In previous generations they'd only really look back to the generation before that one. But they have so much nostalgia built up, both from first and third party titles, that it's amazing how little they tap into that overall. It's something that Nintendo has excelled at over the years and has allowed them to continually keep a number of IP's relevant.

They've been shown how nostalgic people are for old PS platformers this generation. Ape Escape is super obvious, and at launch would get a ton of exposure. You've got games like SOCOM, Warhawk and Twisted Metal that would all be great as F2P games as their popularity is largely driven by their multiplayer side. JRPG's like LoD and Wild ARMS. A remake of IQ would make for a great and small digital release. Even talking specifically about Japan they have something like Ore-no Ryouri. They've got a ton of stuff they can work with but it's been largely left in the past as of now.
I can't even express how much I agree with this...I think everything mentioned in your second paragraph would be successful. My God bring back Ape Escape and Socom at least Sony!

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I am media blackout for Part 2,I didn't saw the last preview coverage,nothing,no pics and videos,is it looking as good as RDR2?

Status
Not open for further replies.