• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
there is one reason i prefer horizon visually to RDR2:
RDR2 is so grounded in realism its sometimes visually boring.
Horizon has all these machines roaming the world and the world itself is more stylized, makes it all feel bigger and more mindblowing.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Gears 5 is pretty incredible on a 4k TV. Easily the most visually impressive game I've played so far.
Horizon and God of War do as well, and to this day both look incredible on a 1080p screen. Even if you think Gears 5 looks better, which I really don't think it does, it's not exactly some kind of flabbergasting leap ahead that makes Horizon and God of War worth a yawn. That's just hyperbole, surely.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Although I'd also put RDR2 at the top I really hate how people in this forum act like it's not even a competition. Horizon is superior in various aspects and God of War is better looking in general, but that's expected for a linear game with fixed lighting. What puts RDR2 at the top for me is its amazing lighting and weather system. It give us so many visually breathtaking moments just wandering around the map. Other visual aspects of the game are also very good, but not the best, but the the overall package is just too strong.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon and God of War do as well, and to this day both look incredible on a 1080p screen. Even if you think Gears 5 looks better, which I really don't think it does, it's not exactly some kind of flabbergasting leap ahead that makes Horizon and God of War worth a yawn. That's just hyperbole, surely.

Calm down, fam.

I didn't claim it was a some flabbergasting leap ahead, simply that I find it to be the most visually impressive game I've played so far and going back to the older games doesn't impress as much as it used it.

Before Gears it was God of War, before God of War it was HZD, before HZD it was First Light before First Light it was Second Son and so on.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Although I'd also put RDR2 at the top I really hate how people in this forum act like it's not even a competition. Horizon is superior in various aspects and God of War is better looking in general, but that's expected for a linear game with fixed lighting. What puts RDR2 at the top for me is its amazing lighting and weather system. It give us so many visually breathtaking moments just wandering around the map. Other visual aspects of the game are also very good, but not the best, but the the overall package is just too strong.
Graphics have gotten so good at this point it's just a preference of artstyle, tbh.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
Yea there is no 3rd party game that looks as good as horizon at all, in pics or in motion. I went back and played Horizon last week and was just in awe how it looked. Red dead comes no where near it for me. The colors, the HDR, the overall animations looks ahead of anything in Red Dead to me.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not about other games 'putting them to shame' (pretty ridiculous to say such a thing), just that they don't impress me as much as they used to.

Gears 5 is pretty incredible on a 4k TV. Easily the most visually impressive game I've played so far.

Next will probably be between TLoU2 and Ghosts.

I find Gears 5 to be dissapointing visually (not that it looks bad, just that it's not near the top) truth be told. It's not even the best looking game I've played this year.

It's just really flat, missing some much needed shadows and ambient occlusion. The art direction also holds it back, with the game bouncing between looking amazing at times and looking pretty meh otherwise.

It's almost a game whose game world feels too clean and sterile at times, as if it hasn't actually been lived in (very notable early on in act 2).

Kick ass HDR though, Sony games should take note.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking of buying new headsets for PC/PS4/Switch and the Arctis 7 look very tempting

Is this any reason these might not work with the PS5 when it's released? I don't feel like making this investment then having to potentially replace them next year

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of buying new headsets for PC/PS4/Switch and the Arctis 7 look very tempting

Is this any reason these might not work with the PS5 when it's released? I don't feel like making this investment then having to potentially replace them next year

The only reason I've been holding off is due to their talk of "3D Audio". Not quite sure what that'll mean yet so it might be worth waiting if you want to take advantage of that.

Otherwise, I think the Arctis 7 works via a USB dongle so it should be compatible going forward.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
The only reason I've been holding off is due to their talk of "3D Audio". Not quite sure what that'll mean yet so it might be worth waiting if you want to take advantage of that.

Otherwise, I think the Arctis 7 works via a USB dongle so it should be compatible going forward.

That's a good point, I haven't thought of that.
I do wonder how long will it take for third parties (headphones manufacturers) to take advantage of that tho, and if there will be any added cost?
Arctis 7 are good. Not sure why they wouldn't work on PS5.

I'm not sure, but I don't think all wireless headphones work with the PS4? I remember looking at a couple some years ago before I bought the HyperX and not every pair worked with the system

I mean it's more likely they'll work if they work on the PS4, but it's still worth considering, they aren't that cheap :s

Oct 25, 2017
That's a good point, I haven't thought of that.
I do wonder how long will it take for third parties (headphones manufacturers) to take advantage of that tho, and if there will be any added cost?

I'm not sure, but I don't think all wireless headphones work with the PS4? I remember looking at a couple some years ago before I bought the HyperX and not every pair worked with the system

I mean it's more likely they'll work if they work on the PS4, but it's still worth considering, they aren't that cheap :s

I know the system doesn't support BT headphones, but generally, any USB associated ones typically work.

As for 3D Audio, that shouldn't have any bearing on the headphones you buy.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
So in terms of adquisitions, Bluepoint in the most likely next. If Housemarque's Big AAA debut is going to be a PS exclusive, then they are most likely in RAD's position going into The Order's launch (string of highly aclaimed smaller exclusives, leading to a new AAA IP), as in, this is their "audition" of sorts to be seen as a safe bet for SIE (we all know how that ended for RAD). Thoughts?

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
So in terms of adquisitions, Bluepoint in the most likely next. If Housemarque's Big AAA debut is going to be a PS exclusive, then they are most likely in RAD's position going into The Order's launch (string of highly aclaimed smaller exclusives, leading to a new AAA IP), as in, this is their "audition" of sorts to be seen as a safe bet for SIE (we all know how that ended for RAD). Thoughts?
Sounds sound to me...

Nov 21, 2017
HZD was made with a smaller team and less resources than RDR2

Not to mention it was Guerrilla's first attempt at creating an open world game in a brand new genre.

Just imagine the jump Horizon 2 will have not that Guerrilla has, gained some experience, will have new powerful hardware to run the game on, plus whatever improvements Kojima Productions have been adding to the Decima engine itself.

Not exactly the same. RAD went from working on prequels and spinoffs to already established IPs to working on their first brand new AAA IP in The Order 1886. Whereas Housemarque though their upcoming game maybe their first AAA game, they have constantly been creating brand new IP.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Any thoughts of what Insomniac project could end by the end of May 2020?

Insomniac

Sr. Lighting Artist
Insomniac Games is looking for a Senior Lighting Artist responsible for lighting game levels and cinematic sequences using proprietary lighting tools which could include placing dynamic lights, atmospherics, and rendering physically based lighting data. They'll work with other departments to test, develop and prototype new lighting tools as needed. Our Sr. Lighting Artist sets an example to the team by implementing and disseminating new lighting methods to improve performance and aesthetics with the game engine. They may be assigned to help with preparation of game levels and sequences for demos and trailers.
Please note - this role is a project hire and we anticipate it running, at least, through the end of May 2020.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Interesting that Trails of Cold Steel III has Only on PlayStation on the boxart. Full exclusive?

nlelcrr51vs31.jpg
Means about as much as if it were absent, which is nothing.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
Anyone else think there might be a custom Ps5 The last of Us Part 2 console? Lol that would be amazing for the holiday season.

Status
Not open for further replies.