• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
If Herman reads Era, especially this thread, then he's already aware of what we really want from WWS.

Next-gen is in good hands~~~

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Barlog is not teasing a game in november , before the PS5 is even revealed, so you can all forget about that.

Hes just probably taking a break from twitter, or fucking around. LOL

Feb 26, 2018
Actually I'm Hermen and I will make sure new GR, Ape Escape and JRPGs will never be made by WWS.
And from now on SIE strategy will be adjusted to be in line with PlanetSmasher posts

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Actually I'm Hermen and I will make sure new GR, Ape Escape and JRPGs will never be made by WWS.
And from now on SIE strategy will be adjusted to be in line with PlanetSmasher posts

The final boss of the next Bloodborne game will be anti-Catdog. Just two butts, furiously flailing around in every direction.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I love JRPGs but i rather Sony put money into co op games .
Give me there own MH or some other co op games.
It might not be JRPG but there own version of Diablo or BG would be great .

Oct 26, 2017
Herman, listen to me, i'm a fellow european.

Don't greenlight JRPGs
And please, don't give us MLB on PS+ because you know we love football.

Make western RPGs

Hire better writers for Guerrilla and turn Horizon 2 into a good ass Role playing game

love you

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I joke, but I wouldn't mind a decent jrpg. I haven't really played one since the PS2 days and I'm kind of in the mood for another.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Didn't we learn a lesson or two from us thinking Cory's tweets when his profile went black was somehow a sign of something deeper?

This sequence of tweets could definitely be something news-worthy.

At the same time, Cory's had more than his share of twitter antics that I'm not going to bother speculating.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
yes, Ang, you were pretty spot on... the difference now seems to be that Jim Ryan will be the effective "Chairman" of WWS overseeing all studio internal and external dev where Shawn was there to do so before.

They've now spun out a separation of
External Independent development with Shu reporting to Jim on those particular projects. Makes me think Sony will be taking a more active publishing stance and building out this notion with Shu before hiring someone to oversee it later in the PS5 generation as he nears Japanese retirement age.
The way majority of companies are structured these days "Chairman" positions are quickly becoming phased out and extinct. With Sony spinning out this new division with Shu it seems they are diversifying their interests, but since he will be reporting directly to the CEO, it's clear that Jim is consolidating even more power and his position and duties are more important than ever.

Oct 24, 2019
I would laugh extremely hard if Sony was dumb enough to greenlight a second attempt at the Order.

Then I'd just get sad because my god would that be wasteful.

Yeah just like it was super wasteful for Ubisoft and Naughty Dog to make sequels to the very flawed, but promising first entries in their Assassin's Creed and Uncharted franchises. As we all know, those ventures turned out to be a complete waste of resources and the IPs should have been strangled in the crib.......

Oh wait.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah just like it was super wasteful for Ubisoft and Naughty Dog to make sequels to the very flawed, but promising first entries in their Assassin's Creed and Uncharted franchises. As we all know, those ventures turned out to be a complete waste of resources and the IPs should have been strangled in the crib.......

Oh wait.
They sold extremely well.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Oh wait.

Both of those games were flawed but still incredibly successful.

The Order wasn't a sales or a critical success.

Oct 24, 2019
They sold extremely well.

The point is that IPs are salvaged all the time after rocky beginnings. The first game in a potential franchise is obviously harder to nail than sequels once they've found their footing with the world, characters, mechanics, etc.

The Order is an IP that's bursting with potential (they could either stick with the Victorian setting, or make it an anthology franchise ala Assassin's Creed and showcase the Order operating in different locations/time periods). It could easily be revamped.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The point is that IPs are salvaged all the time after rocky beginnings. The first game in a potential franchise is obviously harder to nail than sequels once they've found their footing with the world, characters, mechanics, etc.

The Order is an IP that's bursting with potential (they could either stick with the Victorian setting, or make it an anthology franchise ala Assassin's Creed and showcase the Order operating in different locations/time periods). It could easily be revamped.

The IP was doomed the second they decided to make it a short linear corridor shooter instead of Victorian Horror Mass Effect.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Hulst's new banner

1500x500ufkmw.jpg

Where's Knack?

Hermen Hulst at least reads this forum.

He does?

When he had a interview with Neil a while ago I'm pretty sure he said he didn't really check places like this (at the time it was still gaf iirc).

smh can't even get his name right lol

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Oh wait.
Uncharted 1 should not be compared to The Order

You could potentially make a good Order sequel but you could potentially make literally ANY idea into something good.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone knows who is President and CEO of SIE America ?

It was Jack Tretton, then Shawn Layden (before appointed as Chairman of WWS) but since then, we don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.