• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Random question but how's The Lost Legacy? Thinking of picking it up before it enters Playstation Hits with the awful cover.

Nov 8, 2017
Random question but how's The Lost Legacy? Thinking of picking it up before it enters Playstation Hits with the awful cover.
Get it now. It's such a fantastic addition to the series and I loved it. It's got an amazing world to explore and gives you a real sense of adventure. It's yet another incredible Naughty Dog game.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Get it now. It's such a fantastic addition to the series and I loved it. It's got an amazing world to explore and gives you a real sense of adventure. It's yet another incredible Naughty Dog game.
discjrkhk.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I consider it to be the best UC in the series.

Even if someone doesn't like it as much as me, I think you're still getting a quality UC game. It is leaner than UC4 and it focuses on the best parts of the franchise from the beginning to now.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Great new thread! :)

Glad Outbreak Day is on my day off so I'll be able to kick back and enjoy it.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
It seems common sense press would get upwards of an hour look at this game come the 24th, but apparently some were saying this b/c Spiderman and GoW got theirs 3+ months out.

I just looked and it seems both were previewed just a month out. Both got an hour or two preview. Am I missing some events similar to this both those games got?

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
This TLoUPII thing is different than the usual Sony pre-launch press events. I'm actually surprised people will be able to get hands-on time with it. That's unusual.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems common sense press would get upwards of an hour look at this game come the 24th, but apparently some were saying this b/c Spiderman and GoW got theirs 3+ months out.

I just looked and it seems both were previewed just a month out. Both got an hour or two preview. Am I missing some events similar to this both those games got?
The Press played Spiderman 3 months (E3) and even earlier with GameInformer.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
The Press played Spiderman 3 months (E3) and even earlier with GameInformer.
Okay what about GoW? I don't see nor remember the press getting to play the first few hours of GoW no where near as close to the gap that TLoU 2 and it's eventual release date is.

Not to say it won't be playable in some capacity, just seems something like that would come much closer.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Different in what way? Timing?

Yeah. Sony press events usually happen about 1 month and a half or 2 months before release, with one week for North American press and one for European press. Then the embargo lifts about 1 month before release. They have been following this pattern for a few games now.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Yeah. Sony press events usually happen about 1 month and a half or 2 months before release, with one week for North American press and one for European press. Then the embargo lifts about 1 month before release. They have been following this pattern for a few games now.

Patterns exist but could also easily be broken.

If going by historical trend, we would've gotten that Death Stranding Game Informer cover, and that gameplay of the game wouldn't be shown via TGS stream but instead of press event where press are only allowed to share "snippets of gameplay as B-roll" and yet none of that had happened for the game.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
So this month we're getting 80 minutes of Death Stranding footage, more FF7 Remake footage (40 minute stage show, is it all game footage?), and TLOU2 being shown again.

Sweet Jebus this is a helluva month. If they're doing a State of Play then everything else that gets discussed in that is just gravy.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay what about GoW? I don't see nor remember the press getting to play the first few hours of GoW no where near as close to the gap that TLoU 2 and it's eventual release date is.

Not to say it won't be playable in some capacity, just seems something like that would come much closer.
The release date for GoW was announced 3 months before the game was releasing, couldn't find anything regarding media. Days Gone was played early. I think some games a previewed late.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Fantastic OT with a perfect timing. TLOU2 trailer+date, preview impressions and some gameplay footage from Sony, let's go!
Then add to that 80 minutes of death stranding gameplay and briefing trailer.
And according to zhuge something else, maybe a state of play episode (maybe the TLOU2 trailer will be there).

In short, september is now the best month of the year :p

Also seems like I started that TLOU replay on just the right time!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.