• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Have there been any teases or even any info at all released about The Game Awards this year? I feel like we're usually inundated by this point.

Its going to be in theaters alongside a screening of Jumanji 2... so there's that lol

The ending is a bit anti-climatic, where it sort of tapers off but it honestly might be my favorite Remedy title (since MP).

It sort of repesents everything they've done well in other games but combined into one.

I'm fine with small endings but big action in between. I enjoyed God of War's smaller ending as well. Sometimes it's what the story calls for.

Very few things I judge too harshly as my favorite ending by a country mile to games are The Walking Dead Season 1 and Mass Effect 2. If the team can't pull that off, then I'm good as long as it's all tonally consistent.

Oct 25, 2017
I echoed similar sentiments a few pages ago.

We aren't stock-holders or investors; none of that stuff should concern gamers, tbh.

Now gimme dat LoD remake, JR.
That all I be Trynna say when ppl shut down the different genre discussion or psnow getting better. Like we all get it at the end of the day but sometimes the discussion doesn't hurt to be in the eyes of the well you know consumer

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

We aren't stock-holders or investors; none of that stuff should concern gamers, tbh.

Of course it going to concern gamers if things don't make money they could end up dead or certain aspect can change .
That just the way it is for many things .
Of course MS having so much money means they can take a lost for a long while but that don't mean certain content or aspect won't change.
For some people it's not always for the better .

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it going to concern gamers if things don't make money they could end up dead or certain aspect can change .
That just the way it is for many things .
Of course MS having so much money means they can take a lost for a long while but that don't mean certain content or aspect won't change.
For some people it's not always for the better .

Pretty much. Unsustainable ventures might be great for the short term, but most folks obviously want things that are sustainable long term so they don't have to worry about losing a good thing.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

It's a nice sentiment, but it's just not the reality. You ever wonder why EA or UBI don't offer their full subscription services on consoles? They're available on PC. You can subscribe to them and they aren't limited to just trials, instead you get to play the full game at release. Well, the answer to that is simple. The overwhelming majority of their sales come from consoles. As such, they're willing to let those full versions go on PC because they feel they'll make more in the grand scheme of things with those subscription fees and micros on top of it, along with being able to sell the full versions on consoles for a year or so before they do go into the "Vault" where they're fully playable to console players. For as bad as some may think EA's micros are now, can you imagine what they would be like if they gave console players that same subscription? Where they now can play FIFA 21 next year at the same time it's released in stores? They can't just bleed money endlessly to up their subscription service. Sooner or later that's going to go to you, the consumer. You're going to have to help them make up that difference.

Sep 23, 2019
I can't think of a single game Sony Japan has done in the past decade that would insinuate they have the kind of chops to follow up on top-form Miyazaki and deliver anything better than raw disappointment.

They've basically been a ghost studio for ages, just providing support to third parties and otherwise hiding in the background.
Kinda agree aswell.
A Bloodborne 2 without any or even just minuscule involment from Miyazaki is smth i dont want either.
That game could end up to be even worse then Dark Souls 2

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Some people might have thought I was being dramatic about PS but that's all he does. He just hates everything. And his hatred almost always stems from weird ass takes with games he takes issues with. You could craft his dream game but accidentally make it in the west and he'd find a way to hate it cause the main characters got black hair.

Like he hates Horizon cause it has bow combat. Like cool, great, move on. You hate the game conceptually, stop trying to give advice on what a sequel should be for a game that's all about ranged combat.

That shit makes no sense.

"Hello, I hate shooters. But also, please listen to my advice on how to make a sequel to a shooter."
+10000000

This thread has become planetsmashers talking corner. Its just filled with their personal wishes that apply only to them alone. But... I will probably just catch another ban for saying this because "hostility" right? The one place for WWS fans to talk and its constantly a guy who hates WWS....

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Honestly, I think Bend Studio finally announcing their game and having it be yet another grim beard guy apocalypse game was what finally turned the tide for me. I was expecting, like, an actual horror game with cool themes and ideas based on all the teasing Sony was doing over the years, but instead we got the most stock zombie thing possible.

That and I finally hit Yakuza saturation. I played too many Yakuza games in rapid succession over the past couple of years and it just got to be too much. I own Kiwami 2, Judgment AND Fist of the North Star and I'm like four hours into all three. When you're not really getting anything new that sparks with you, it's really hard to maintain enthusiasm.
Why did you respond to a guy talking about how happy he is about this gen with a side story about how you were disappointed with Bend? Why do you not stop?

Oct 25, 2017
Some people might have thought I was being dramatic about PS but that's all he does. He just hates everything. And his hatred almost always stems from weird ass takes with games he takes issues with. You could craft his dream game but accidentally make it in the west and he'd find a way to hate it cause the main characters got black hair.

Like he hates Horizon cause it has bow combat. Like cool, great, move on. You hate the game conceptually, stop trying to give advice on what a sequel should be for a game that's all about ranged combat.

"Hello, I hate shooters. But also, please listen to my advice on how to make a sequel to a shooter."
🍵

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
It's a nice sentiment, but it's just not the reality. You ever wonder why EA or UBI don't offer their full subscription services on consoles? They're available on PC. You can subscribe to them and they aren't limited to just trials, instead you get to play the full game at release. Well, the answer to that is simple. The overwhelming majority of their sales come from consoles. As such, they're willing to let those full versions go on PC because they feel they'll make more in the grand scheme of things with those subscription fees and micros on top of it, along with being able to sell the full versions on consoles for a year or so before they do go into the "Vault" where they're fully playable to console players. For as bad as some may think EA's micros are now, can you imagine what they would be like if they gave console players that same subscription? Where they now can play FIFA 21 next year at the same time it's released in stores? They can't just bleed money endlessly to up their subscription service. Sooner or later that's going to go to you, the consumer. You're going to have to help them make up that difference.
This. Too many are also blinded by the short-term.
And what happens when the "everything in one place" goes away when these other publishers pull back their content to feed their own instead, just like the phase we're now in with movie/tv.

Last edited:

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Yeah, PlanetSmasher and Void out, cut it out and just put each other on the ignore list and leave it at that.

This won't end well.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018

Im pretty sure it's because Xbox and PlayStation do not want a competing all-encompassing subscription on the platform.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017

I can't wait for the next Part 2 thread just to see him say for the 1000x he is not interested in the game and how the sequel is unnecessary,I am glad Death Stranding is finally out, because the dude did the same for months,he just hate everything,never saw a user so negative and derailing so many thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll really don't be saying that "act like gamers not stockholders" stuff when you want your games marketed more though... lol
Jumping to they defense again but yea that's exactly what we be acting like a stockholder would go as y'all so quickly do "that game wasn't gonna sell anyway" we go it's your game you made it so market it 🤷🏽‍♂️

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
So, to make things a bit more positive in here, what first party games do you expect to see at the ps5 reveal?

I expect:
- Housemarque's AAA game
- Horizon 2
- Arrowhead's biggest game yet
- 1 game from Japan Studio
- Gran Turismo 7
- Ratchet & Clank
- Bluepoint's remake

That would be a pretty good line up for the first reveal i think. They would probably spread them out a bit between playstation Meeting and E3.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, to make things a bit more positive in here, what first party games do you expect to see at the ps5 reveal?

I expect:
- Housemarque's AAA game
- Horizon 2
- Gran Turismo 7
- Ratchet & Clank
- Bluepoint's remake

That would be a pretty good line up for the first reveal i think. They would probably spread them out a bit between playstation Meeting and E3.

Wouldn't be surprised if they announce a native PS5 enhanced edition of some big PS4 game like KH3 to be like "hey, you can play on backwards compatibility, but you can ALSO play this!"

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

I expect:
- Housemarque's AAA game
- Horizon 2
- Gran Turismo 7
- Ratchet & Clank
- Bluepoint's remake

Bluepoint's Remake
Japan Studio's new game
Guerrilla's new game (not Horizon)
Something from that new studio in San Diego

Oct 25, 2017

I expect:
- Housemarque's AAA game
- Horizon 2
- Gran Turismo 7
- Ratchet & Clank
- Bluepoint's remake

I can see all of that honestly.

Horizon 2 would be the big exclusive still a ways off.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017

I expect:
- Housemarque's AAA game
- Horizon 2
- Gran Turismo 7
- Ratchet & Clank
- Bluepoint's remake

Everything you said plus Demon's Souls Remake and a bunch of smaller games Sony are funding from Indie developers.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I expect:
- Housemarque's AAA game
- Horizon 2
- Gran Turismo 7
- Ratchet & Clank
- Bluepoint's remake

I'm thinking of Horizon 2 and Demon's Souls Remake (Bluepoint) as near guaranteed to be there.

Plus another 2-3 more. I expect Wild to now be a PS5 game and probably Gran Turismo and Ratchet. Studio Japan will show stuff at TGS and Housemarque's game feels like a good PSX reveal (if it comes back) given their history with the brand.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

I expect:
- Housemarque's AAA game
- Horizon 2
- Gran Turismo 7
- Ratchet & Clank
- Bluepoint's remake

I want to know about that new studio in SD. At least a name (and please don't be "SSD 2")

Oct 25, 2017

I expect:
- Housemarque's AAA game
- Horizon 2
- Gran Turismo 7
- Ratchet & Clank
- Bluepoint's remake

I would be shocked if we don't see Horizon 2.

Also, I'm betting on 1 huge third party multiplat game.

Rocksteady. Harry Potter. Battlefield whatever. Ass Creed.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I think Bend Studio finally announcing their game and having it be yet another grim beard guy apocalypse game was what finally turned the tide for me. I was expecting, like, an actual horror game with cool themes and ideas based on all the teasing Sony was doing over the years, but instead we got the most stock zombie thing possible.

I thought the same as you, but after finishing the game it's so much deeper than it looks, I thought exactly the same as you did and the game suprised me with it's story, there isn't really that much focus on the freakers, the story evolves more around Deacon and the other survivors.

But I can totally see your point.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the same as you, but after finishing the game it's so much deeper than it looks, I thought exactly the same as you did and the game suprised me with it's story, there isn't really that much focus on the freakers, the story evolves more around Deacon and the other survivors.

But I can totally see your point.

Ah, the perils of being a Silent Hill fanboy who's never going to get another game like that again. You know?

Status
Not open for further replies.