• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Finished Days Gone this weekend. I felt indifferent about it. Early on is a chore, and its really not until later you start to care about characters (as others have said).

The hordes are the most anxiety inducing stuff I have done, so that was cool, but also kinda a pain in the ass in the last quarter of the game. Odd story decisions, but not too crazy. End mission had me gasp for sure. Overall, I wish the game's length was cut down a bit. Side quest/jobs were rinse & repeat, not too much variety. Maybe that is why it took me so long to beat, kept putting it down to much.

Started Concrete Genie and I am absolutely hooked. Sad its so short, this could easily be a few more hours long.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Help me with my dilemma

i want to buy Gravity Rush 2 and it's on sale for 10$, problem is it was on sale before for 6$ and when a game is on sale for a certain price i'm not willing to buy it above that price, i missed the 6$ sale for the game and been having a showdown with the game ever since waiting for it to blink so i can shoot and click the buy button, but now it's on sale for 10$ and i might blink, what should i do

C'mon it's just $4, unless it would really make a difference to your budget the game is worth it.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
GoW 2

copy and paste TLOU2
sprinkle a couple of new missions
Ship it in time before Druckmann files a lawsuit

lol

Help me with my dilemma

i want to buy Gravity Rush 2 and it's on sale for 10$, problem is it was on sale before for 6$ and when a game is on sale for a certain price i'm not willing to buy it above that price, i missed the 6$ sale for the game and been having a showdown with the game ever since waiting for it to blink so i can shoot and click the buy button, but now it's on sale for 10$ and i might blink, what should i do

Do you have access to PSNow? If so you can use the trial (14 days) and download the game.

Imran said he doesn't expect GoW 2 until 2022 :(

Makes sense, I wouldn't expect games with that scale to take less than 4 years. So curious to see how they'll evolve the gameplay.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
seeing that untitled goose game's trophy list is live, do y'all think sony might have a state of play coming this week or the next? probably next week on tuesday because of the store refresh.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I had the chance to watch Raising Kratos a few days ago; it made me feel nostalgic, more appreciative of their tremendous achievement, if possible. Any creative endeavour is intimidating, fear-inducing. I feel confident to say that God of War is the kind of triumph that doesn't happen too frequently and it's not appreciated enough, despite all the noise or awards. These games are like capturing lightning in a bottle.

But I digress (ehem). That sequel is the only thing that I'm really eager to try next-gen. Unless there's a big bomb during the first year, I'll probably wait until it releases.

seeing that untitled goose game's trophy list is live, do y'all think sony might have a state of play coming this week or the next? probably next week on tuesday because of the store refresh.
I don't think so. GRIS followed a similar pattern just this very November and it's another award-winning indie. These games tend to release with no fanfare.

If it happens, I'll be gladly surprised.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Guys will we ever get another Sony 2016 e3 conference ? In my whole 33 years of gaming that will be one gaming event I will remember for the rest of my life. It was something on another level

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Guys will we ever get another Sony 2016 e3 conference ? In my whole 33 years of gaming that will be one gaming event I will remember for the rest of my life. It was something on another level

E3 2021, Naughty Dog new IP trailer announcement, Spider-Man 2 countdown to release, God of War Ragnarok trailer, Kojima Productions new game announcement, Days Gone 2(?).

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Hope SSM will release a game before GOW2 but I doubt it
There is still hope for a R&C in 2020 though

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
That is a good point. Doubt they will announce it on a SoP.

Yeah, I'm expecting for this to happen. PSX (if it does come back next year) should be pretty exciting with next-gen.

I think a big part of why it went on hiatus in the first place was down to 2016. Before it the event was this place where you'd get announcements for indie games and mid-tier titles along with updates on some bigger titles. Then 2016 comes along and Sony announces the sequel to their biggest game ever there (PII), and it changed expectations. With the new generation they'll be able to meet those expectations by announcing bigger games there, and possibly having third party studios announce big titles there. After PII was announced there you have no reason to expect that Sony will hold a game back from that event. GoW, Spider-Man, Naughty Dog's next game, Gran Turismo 7/Sport 2 etc. are all entirely possible for it now.

But before that we'll presumably have another conference from them. And the expectations for that are going to be through the roof given that they've gone more than a year without holding a conference.

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
Maybe it's hope more than anything but I don't think Cory is working on GOW2, but rather a new IP. From the sounds of it GG are also working on a new IP which is nice to hear, along with that it finally seems like ND are not treating the MP like some red headed stepchild and when we see their MP title, hoping for something special.

Horizon 2, GOW 2 and Spider-Man 2 better not be rushed out, they have huge expectations and are coming off 10 million sellers. I'm expecting big things from those sequels and hope Days Gone 2 ain't a bag of shit which the first one was for me, Bend really need to hire more staff because their goals are too big for a small team to handle, as can be seen with Days Gone.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
GG new MP is not gonna be a lauch title. Not sure why some people think it has any chance of releasing before HZD sequel.
I believe they've been hiring for it before Horizon's release but I agree HZ2 is likely due to come out first due to there being a chance that said MP title is a new IP, plus I doubt they were at full throttle for said game until recently

if anything I feel we will get a TLOU MP standalone game before GG's MP game

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Yall are getting Demons' Souls, Ratchet and Clank, and some SIE Japan game that does not clash with Ratchet (sorry Ape Escape fans), you better start getting used to the idea XD

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
2022 for God of War Part II sounds wayyy too far

The first game released in April 2018

By Holiday 2021 it will be 3 and half years of dev time

They have all the systems ready and Sony will probably throw en even bigger budget on them for the new one

There is no reason to think it should take 4 years+

Jun 23, 2019
It's times like this that you would think Sony would be smart and point to acquire some more studios for content. Somebody from Japan would do nicely.

Aug 26, 2019
2022 for God of War Part II sounds wayyy too far

The first game released in April 2018

By Holiday 2021 it will be 3 and half years of dev time

They have all the systems ready and Sony will probably throw en even bigger budget on them for the new one

There is no reason to think it should take 4 years+
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Like they could just sprinkle in some of those missing realms and call it a day.

No really, I'd be happy with an expanded Midgard, Jotunheim and Asgard.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Its crazy how some peoepl refused to recognize the massive changes Sony brought to gaming with the DualShock controller

Status
Not open for further replies.