• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
only start talking when Sony is ready either could mean they can't talk about it due to it being a next gen PS5 game or the fact that it is a Sony game funded by Sony

I think it is both cases
Yeah, that line is as close to confirmation that it's a Sony funded game as we're going to get.
Also, just a reminder to everyone that Jason Schreier has heavily hinted at this being a Demon's Souls Remake. In a thread asking if people think we'll ever get a DS remake he said yes https://www.resetera.com/threads/think-we'll-ever-get-a-demon-souls-remaster.101879/#post-18285508
And in a thread with a poll asking what people think Bluepoint's next game is he voted DS remake (you can click the options in the poll to see who voted for it) https://www.resetera.com/threads/bl...or-the-playstation-5-and-is-a-big-one.145720/
Definitely gonna be a game we should see quite a bit of in a few months time at the reveal event, and hopefully it's a launch game.

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
FMcjLPP.png

Quick and dirty.

Who are the two humanoid ones standing near Sweet Tooth's van?

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Jason Sc. Has pretty much shadow confirmed Demons' Souls Remake by Bluepoint in the other thread. I think we can now easily Say that DeS R is locked for PS5's launch! Now someone confirm Ratchet ASAP!

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Jason Sc. Has pretty much shadow confirmed Demons' Souls Remake by Bluepoint in the other thread. I think we can now easily Say that DeS R is locked for PS5's launch! Now someone confirm Ratchet ASAP!
He already confirmed it months ago by voting for DS Remake being their next project in a poll.
I'm just wondering how big of a remake it is, back at GDC they said their next game is a re-envisioning.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
R&C had been an open secret rumour wise too for some time (I remember people kept on posting people claiming the game was being made )

people also thought it was going to be a late PS4 title but that clearly turned out to not be the case like Demon Souls Remake

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
R&C had been an open secret rumour wise too for some time (I remember people kept on posting people claiming the game was being made )

people also thought it was going to be a late PS4 title but that clearly turned out to not be the case like Demon Souls Remake
Might very well have been a late PS4 game moved to PS5. Don't forget that back in January Zhuge openly said he was aware of multiple unannounced Sony PS4 games being in development but there was a chance of them becoming cross-gen or next-gen titles entirely. R&C on PS4 was already beautiful, but when we're getting a game focused on PS5 hardware it might very well be a good which looks like a top tier CGI cartoon movie.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
He already confirmed it months ago by voting for DS Remake being their next project in a poll.
I'm just wondering how big of a remake it is, back at GDC they said their next game is a re-envisioning.
If they are taking big creative liberties, and it pays off, Sony could very well wind up handing control of their Souls IPs over to Bluepoint, if they were to be adquired.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Might very well have been a late PS4 game moved to PS5. Don't forget that back in January Zhuge openly said he was aware of multiple unannounced Sony PS4 games being in development but there was a chance of them becoming cross-gen or next-gen titles entirely. R&C on PS4 was already beautiful, but when we're getting a game focused on PS5 hardware it might very well be a good which looks like a top tier CGI cartoon movie.
I just wish they use the CPU and SSD for a next step in worlds and AI

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If they are taking big creative liberties, and it pays off. Sony could very well wind up handing control of their Souls IPs over to Bluepoint, if they were to be adquired.
I don't think they'd do that, there's still a huge difference between remaking games and making something of your own, and Souls games wouldn't exactly be easy to make. If Sony were to acquire Bluepoint and if they go on to make their own unique title it should be a new IP or a revival of a franchise which hasn't been seen in the last decade or longer.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I don't think they'd do that, there's still a huge difference between remaking games and making something of your own, and Souls games wouldn't exactly be easy to make. If Sony were to acquire Bluepoint and if they go on to make their own unique title it should be a new IP or a revival of a franchise which hasn't been seen in the last decade or longer.
I can already hear the Legend of Dragoon fans from a mile away

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Dragoon would require a full blown reboot. Bluepoint becoming the premier "JRPG" (yes I know they are not Japanese, humor me) studio would be a wild turn of events.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Changing anything about a From game is a pretty big creative risk. Anyone doing that has to be extremely fucking careful.

Yeah, but it's a risk I'd like to see Sony doing. The same goes for almost every other IP they have.

It's nice that Sony has so much caring and wants to treat their IPs as carefully as possible, but it's time for them to do like Nintendo, which licenses its IPs to third party studios. Sony has too many important IPs that are in the limbo because they have no ideas or time to develop in their own studios.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Yeah, but it's a risk I'd like to see Sony doing. The same goes for almost every other IP they have.

It's nice that Sony has so much caring and wants to treat their IPs as carefully as possible, but it's time for them to do like Nintendo, which licenses its IPs to third party studios. Sony has too many important IPs that are in the limbo because they have no ideas or time to develop in their own studios.
It would be mighty nice to see Sly again :/

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

This is what i'm hoping that Shu is going to spearhead. A game like Alundra would be a perfect IP for an indie studio to work on. Working with indies to revive their old franchises is a perfect way of getting them back on the map and without having a massive budget blowout in the process.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
This is what i'm hoping that Shu is going to spearhead. A game like Alundra would be a perfect IP for an indie studio to work on. Working with indies to revive their old franchises is a perfect way of getting them back on the map and without having a massive budget blowout in the process.
Shadow of the Beast could have been the start of that....

I REALLY wanted that game to be good.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Pretty sure only one person has ever openly said Ratchet & Clank was a thing and they were wrong about it being a PS4 game, even after declaring it obvious, and could be wrong it is a PS5 game.

I'm not beholden to the idea Ratchet & Clank is coming so soon, but we'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I tripping or is there no ape on that cover
Surely the game to take advantage of the analog stick one of the first in fact would be on a playstation anni cover surely...

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
On the cover, sucks no Infamous representation but I def understand having to try to find enough touchpoints and just running out of space lol

May 17, 2018
Regarding the GI picture:

it's wild to me that Fat Princess continues to appear in Sony legacy shots, yet, like, no one actually has any reverence for any of the three games.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems Falcom will remain multiplat, given the recent comments about Switch trends and with CSIII no longer being console exclusive either.

Another studio to take off the acquisition list~~~

Honestly, this one doesn't hurt me at all.

Trails series needs ALL the help it can get in the west.

I love this series with a passion. If there is a userbase on switch for these games, they should absolutely develop for it. I don't think Trails will leave Playstation.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Pretty sure only one person has ever openly said Ratchet & Clank was a thing and they were wrong about it being a PS4 game, even after declaring it obvious, and could be wrong it is a PS5 game.

I'm not beholden to the idea Ratchet & Clank is coming so soon, but we'll see.
I wouldn't believe it either but after the Insomniac acquisition I'm pretty sure Layden said that PS is excited about the future of Spider-Man and Ratchet&Clank. I think there's something there, even if the platform and the timing are wrong.
Seems Falcom will remain multiplat, given the recent comments about Switch trends and with CSIII no longer being console exclusive either.

Another studio to take off the acquisition list~~~
Honestly, that's fine, I'd rather see Falcom make a AAA JRPG before an acquisition anyway. If the Switch audience pours more money into Falcom and it results in better games on both PS5 and Switch, that's great.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
It's going to be interesting how Playstation's relationships with Japanese developers changes, now that Devs are organically moving to the Switch, and Xbox is brute forcing their way unto the arena.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's going to be interesting how Playstation's relationships with Japanese developers changes, now that Devs are organically moving to the Switch, and Xbox is brute forcing their way unto the arena.
It'll be the same as every gen, there will be games that are exclusive and games that are multiplat but most importantly PlayStation will get everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.