• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I was bored so I decided to check out the Dreams Early Access and goddamn some of those creations are amazing. I can't believe they were created just with Dream's tools. Media Molecule really made something special with this and I can't wait to see what else winds up being made from it.

Since this is the last day of being able to buy the Early Access, I must say that it was a great move on their part and a lot of people buying the full game will have a lot of creations to check out on day one. But I'm super hyped to experience the story mode of Dreams when it launches, personally.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
looked at the japanese state of play stream and tried translating the description through multiple websites, seems like the gameplay video will be the first public gameplay showcase of the title, whatever that is. Any big release that still has no gameplay footage released? could it just be referring to RE3?

Babylon's Fall (new PlatinumGames PS4 console exclusive, at least at launch)

Yeah, that sounds like Babylon's Fall, curious for first gameplay.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I have no confidence that they'll actually call the game GT7, they'll call it GTSport 2 or GT7 prologue or something stupid that will result in millions of less sales.

SteamyPunk

Oct 26, 2017
Just bought Dreams. Probably won't touch it till the real release, but I want to support MM.

Will say that I could not find it on the PS Store from my phone even searching "dreams early access." Had to click the link in that tweet above. No excuse for having a store that bad...

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Someone - preferably Sony - needs to negotiate that IP from Konami if they're gonna squander it.
Ehhh. Unless they agree to codirect and both KojiPro and Siren Team work on the games, Sony would either piss off Toyama or Kojima, depending which team gets the green light to reboot. Toyama and Kojima are both are insterested in making horror games, and both would probably kill for Sony to get the SH IP for their respective team.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Sony wouldn't really need to buy Konami IPs, just negotiate a contract to make them exclusive to the PlayStation platforms. So Konami could continue to release Pachinko without problems.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Sony wouldn't really need to buy Konami IPs, just negotiate a contract to make them exclusive to the PlayStation platforms. So Konami could continue to release Pachinko without problems.
Who gets to make said game is still iffy, from Sony's perspective. Both Toyama and Kojima have equal claim to making a new Silent Hill.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I don't see why Sony and/or Kojima should work on Konami IP's instead of a new one they can have full control.

A new Kojima horror game is enough.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I don't see why Sony and/or Kojima should work on Konami IP's instead of a new one they can have full control.

A new Kojima horror game is enough.
Purely theoretical. Plus, it's hard to launch a AAA horror game without an established game IP behind it. Case and point, poor sales for Alien Isolation (Even with the Alien IP), and Evil Within (Even with the father of Survival horror at the wheel).

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Ahhh Polyphony, the black sheep of Sony's studios, the studio that somehow has almost wrecked the, at one point, greatest racing IP, and (at one point) largest Playstation IP, of all time. All while many other racing franchices have flourished this generation.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
There is a good chance that if Polyphony does not step the fuck up, they will just keep on devaluing the IP, while the other racing studios continue to run laps around them (pun intended), to the point where their status as one of Sony's "untouchable" studios breaks down.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, Death Stranding is so immersive I actually can't play it often because of its contextual requirements (time, mood, mental availability). So frustrating !

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope polyphony understand that launching with a bare bones single player again could possibly kill the franchise with alot of pissed of fans.

Even in this day and age of the popularity of multiplayer, most gt fans want a fully fledged single player right out the gate. If they pull that shit again like they did with gt sport I am done with the franchise and I wouldn't be surprised if sony are too.

Oct 25, 2017
Polyphony don't really have any excuses anymore. They have the foundation with GT Sport and much, much better tech to work with. They need to capitalize.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Polyphony 100% deserves to get dragged across the coals. There are still people that try to defend them with "But, but, but, they have given Sport great post launch support". Well when your main competitors are releasing 4-5 full blown games in one generation, and you only put out 1 bare bones online only game the entire generation, i would fucking hope you at least support it a tad bit.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Well, those played (and still play) GT Sport are pretty happy with the game, because the gameplay is so goddamn good. And the fact that the game has the best esports championships of the genre should be brought up too.

I don't have much suspicions with Polyphony, Yamauchi already confirmed that the next game will bring elements of the older ones because everyone at the FIA events kept talking about how much they like those classic games.

www.gtplanet.net

Next Gran Turismo Will be a 'Combination of Past, Present, and Future'

We recently got the opportunity to sit down with Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi. The round-table chat took place during a break in the schedule at the Nurburgring World Tour event, and you can read the first part of the discussion here. With all the industry talk right now centered

At least they will no longer spend 6 months to 1 year modeling each car, because Sport models are likely to be reused in the next game.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Well, those played (and still play) GT Sport are pretty happy with the game, because the gameplay is so goddamn good. And the fact that the game has the best esports championships of the genre should be brought up too.

I don't have much suspicions with Polyphony, Yamauchi already confirmed that the next game will bring elements of the older ones because everyone at the FIA events kept talking about how much they like those classic games.

www.gtplanet.net

Next Gran Turismo Will be a 'Combination of Past, Present, and Future'

We recently got the opportunity to sit down with Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi. The round-table chat took place during a break in the schedule at the Nurburgring World Tour event, and you can read the first part of the discussion here. With all the industry talk right now centered

At least they will no longer spend 6 months to 1 year modeling each car, because Sport models are likely to be reused in the next game.
I really don't know with PD anymore, they are tied to the juggernaut that still is (for now) Gran Turismo. But other than for that one reason, they would have likely gone the way of Evolution or Liverpool a long time ago.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't know with PD anymore, they are tied to the juggernaut that still is (for now) Gran Turismo. But other than for that one reason, they would have likely gone the way of Evolution or Liverpool a long time ago.

Problem is that without them they'd be relying on Need for Speed (60-70 opencritic games) and indie games for racing, while Xbox/PC gets 90 metacritic Forza games every year.

I don't know how many racing enthusiasts PS has, but they'd lose them.

Oct 1, 2019
Not gonna lie. For me, PD is the most disappointing Sony first-party studio this generation. All of the other studios stepped-up their game this gen except for PD.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Problem is that without them they'd be relying on Need for Speed (60-70 opencritic games) and indie games for racing, while Xbox/PC gets 90 metacritic Forza games every year.

I don't know how many racing enthusiasts PS has, but they'd lose them.
If Polyphony continues to drive the franchise into the ground, there will eventually not be a driving fan base in PS.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
PD must adopt to the Sony model. The Dad and son/daughter theme, might be hard with cars but I'm sure some genius writer can figure it out.
Why the hell not, Yamauchi loves blowing the budget with his epic Oscar bait opening cinematics that make Ford v. Ferrari look like a B level movie. Might as well try something else out, since they can't keep up with 80% of the racing devs in the market.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think many people here really give a damn about racing games. Gtsport is atm the only relevant sim racing game and it's thanks to its online modes. Polyphony was again ahead of the curve. Just because it didn't have 1000 cars and a flourished sp doesn't mean it was a flop. And how the hell are they behind others when they made the most technically accomplished racing game on the market? We're not in 2017 and bashing Gtsport is as foolish as bashing Sea of Thieves.

Status
Not open for further replies.