• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I love the slowdown shuffle she does as she's about to throw the bottle.

HiddenDisguisedHoki-size_restricted.gif

Godammit how is this even possible on Jaguars!?!?!? Amazing

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
If you look closely, you can see the arrow sticking out Culty's arm before Ellie machete's him to death.

BasicEnormousAnemoneshrimp-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_pa6uu29JgF1s6ub5do5_500.gif

tumblr_pa6uu29JgF1s6ub5do6_500.gif

Some incredible attention to detail.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
SIE is looking for a new Indie (and F2P) boss. They are calling the job Head of PlayStation Creators
Interesting. It's been pretty evident that Sony has been lagging behind and letting these relationships go cold the last couple years.

I loved how supportive Sony was the first few years of PS4. And having game launches on PS Plus was awesome.

Hope they go back to that next gen. Because right now Nintendo has been gobbling up all the games and attention.

I dont know how many many times lately I've seen a new indie game that looked great only to find out its switch/PC exclusive for at least a while.

It's frustrating and they need to rectify it. Especially as the beginning of gens seems to be pretty barren for new games now with such long dev times.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah, all the "Ellie killing bad dudes in all ways possible" gifs spam is getting a bit overwhelming. Give me more "Ellie being a cutie-pie", thanks.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
PlayStation Asia posted its Tokyo Game Show 2019 interview with Shuhei:

I watched it all and there's nothing really of note in there, unfortunately.

The other TGS interviews published by Japanese media weren't so noteworthy either. Skimmed through most of them and the only standout bit to me was Shuhei saying there is a possibility Asian developers may joins Worldwide Studios in the future (GAME Watch interview). I'm not super familiar with enough Asian developers to make any really educated guesses, but I would think miHoYo, whose game Genshin Impact Shuhei seems to be very excited for, would be a potential candidate considering how technically proficient they seem to be.

Something else in that interview is Shu saying that Dreams has a 10 year vision of growth going forward. I guess we know what MM will be working on for in the next 10 years then.

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. It's been pretty evident that Sony has been lagging behind and letting these relationships go cold the last couple years.

I loved how supportive Sony was the first few years of PS4. And having game launches on PS Plus was awesome.

Hope they go back to that next gen. Because right now Nintendo has been gobbling up all the games and attention.

I dont know how many many times lately I've seen a new indie game that looked great only to find out its switch/PC exclusive for at least a while.

It's frustrating and they need to rectify it. Especially as the beginning of gens seems to be pretty barren for new games now with such long dev times.

And not only Switch, ID@Xbox has also made a million more efforts toward indies in the recent years. And when you stop attending PSX or E3, you're not helping much. Here's hoping this new job will be part of a decent comeback on the indie front.

Oct 25, 2017
You think creating a $10 download only option makes it better? You could pay $99 for a whole year which is less than $10 a month. How can something that offers more than the competition be "Game Pass, but worse?

Contrary to the plethora of threads on gaming side that act as if Gamepass is the second coming of christ, not every gamer wants to be beholden to the games a manufacturer puts on their subscription service.

I play the games that look interesting, and thus, subscribing monthly for the times when interesting content hits a service is preferable to paying a year long fee and hoping Sony/MS bless me with the games I want to play.

Oct 31, 2017
I hope so. First two years of PS3, and PS4 first party software lineup were so dry. Wish we had something like this again
w9nwwhq82rk21.jpg

You do; it's just that the third party games aren't exclusives. Only three of those are first party, and GT3 wasn't a fall game. Baldur's Gate was multiplat, GTA3 released on PC the following year and Silent Hill 2 released on the Xbox the same year.

I know people love 2001 on the PS2, but straight up, the following two years did not stack up, whereas PS4's first year was slow and every year after has been better.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
So,it's a little over two months until the 25th anniversary of the PS1 launch(in Japan).That seems like a big deal....how are Sony going to celebrate it?

MisterP𝕏L

Jul 10, 2019
D̸̢̬̗̭̝̉͑͝E̶̤̬̯̹̗̮͚͈̗͌̀̐́̀͂̕Á̸̧̧͎͍̪̤̲̝̑͗͆̅̍̈́͘͜͠͝T̸̛̝̺̈́͠͝H̷̪̲̖̯̊̑̈́͒̒͆̚͠ ̴̫̘̠̾Ş̸̱̲͖̰̭̮͇̖̈́̀̕͜T̶͉͋̀̾̚Ŕ̴̢̯͚͉̻̤̜̻̤͗̎̈́̚ͅÂ̸̢̞̮͈̟̥̠̩̟͋N̵̻͙̭̪̽̿͛̍̈́̽̈D̸̢̛͙̭͖̲̙̬͕͖̲͗̎́̇̓̒͑̏Í̸͉̺̯̬̘̦̽̾̌͗͂̇̽͊Ṋ̷͌̉G̷͙̐̏̚͠

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. First two years of PS3, and PS4 first party software lineup were so dry. Wish we had something like this again
w9nwwhq82rk21.jpg

I bought and played every single one of these games except Silent Hill 2 and they were alle fing great games!

Good times, not complaining though, this gen is on fire too, so many outstanding traditional and VR games getting released every year.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So,it's a little over two months until the 25th anniversary of the PS1 launch(in Japan).That seems like a big deal....how are Sony going to celebrate it?

I think they'll go big in terms of current-gen stuff. Near stuff on the Playstation Gear store, maybe some PSN sales, Holiday promotions for the PS4 and PS4 Pro. There's plenty to do!

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
https://www.gamepur.com/news/43238-ps5-two-models-launch.html
Take it with a HUGE (I can't emphasize this enough) grain of salt obviously.
IF this is real I hope it will be like a $500 PS5 plus $700 PS5Pro which would basically just be launching the PS5Pro immediately instead of waiting 3 years or so, not something like a $300 PS5Lite (or whatever you wanna call it) plus regular $500 PS5 which if I remember correctly was originally the rumor over on the Xbox side of things.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The last two times TLoU part II was shown, the violence seemed to bother a lot people.

Can't imagine how brutal the full game will be.

I mean, that's ultimately what they're going for. They don't want the violence to be seen like most games where it's presented as being cool. It's supposed to be disgusting and make you want to talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.