• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Why is it cool things happen when I'm not on the net... : (

First, I couldn't even there when the previous OT was closed.

And then Part II Media Event announcement + Zhuge's tease...

Ah well, great new thread by the way.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh, that new thread smell.

So, about TLoU 2, do y'all think they'll retain the same level of animation, etc as previous trailers?

anigif_sub-buzz-1338-1529539448-5.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

source.gif

This is insane. Even if it's just from cutscenes, it's a clear generational leap beyond anything we've seen, I daresay we might not even see something like this next gen either from the vast majority of developers.

The Naughty Gods meme is fun, but seriously, how the fuck do they do it?

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

So, about TLoU 2, do y'all think they'll retain the same level of animation, etc as previous trailers?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

source.gif

This is insane. Even if it's just from cutscenes, it's a clear generational leap beyond anything we've seen, I daresay we might not even see something like this next gen either from the vast majority of developers.

Isn't the ice team at their disposal ? Or is the ice team from naughty dog ?

I say that helps tremendously

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

source.gif

Just imagine ND on next-gen 🤯

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

source.gif

i think they will retain it, believe in the motion matching!
also dont forget random NPC face gif:

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

source.gif

I'm fairly confident they'll hit what showed at E3 but the PGW does seem a little too good to be true in terms of facial animations and deformation.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

source.gif

ND has mostly delivered what they've promised in the past, sometimes even improved on it, so I'm not worried one bit.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017

I am not sure...the way the NPC with hammer in particular animated is just insane.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Great OP!

We're eating this month apparently with DS and TLOU. I'm assuming that other "event" could be a SoP.

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing OP. Very interested in what will be shown this month and of course about what's further down the line. Are my fellow countrymen from GG working on 2 games? How is Ghost coming along? What's Japan Studio cooking up? (I ADORE Astro Bot) Is Barlog working on a new IP? What is Sony's new San Diego studio working on? Is Bluepoint remaking Demon's Souls? And the big one: what's next for ND? That's a question that won't be answered anytime soon, so my dream of a new ND sci-fi IP is still alive for the time being.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

source.gif

For cutscenes i'd say sure. The animations during gameplay looked very circumstantial. That would be new and a breakthrough if that actually is in the game. Naughty dog werent the type of devs to do bullshotting so I have faith

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Thanks for the great new OT....just in time for the shit to hit the fan with the Death Stranding and TLoU Part II blow outs coming up!
Not gonna lie,made me feel warm inside seeing Insomniac in that banner.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The first one isn't a cutscene. Well, that's Naughty Dog. Next level animation system. It's just incredible ;)

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
With Zhuge saying that Sony is doing something else the same week as Part II, I think this is probably a hint

mpbzyxm7ukqi.jpg

Notice that everything has a specific date with the exception of the Campaign premiere?

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich

Its this combat scene I am still skeptical about.
The dodges looked so perfect. They had weight, yet looked responsive, they were extremely context sensitive, yet are supposed to be dynamic. It would be such a massive step up above everything I have seen and played and I still have my doubts from a technical perspective as well as from a gameplay perspective if that stuff is actually possible.

But if they actually pull this off its truly a generational leap. More than that even, because thats not something other studios will just be able to copy if they just get access to more computing power.

Last edited:

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

source.gif

Yes.

Raw visual fidelity probably not on the exact same level, but animations? Yes, oh yes. Shit's cutting edge. Motion matching on another level.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Terrific OP Juan. Looks like a lot of work went into it. This is my favourite part...

hall_of_shame_fpt_1.0.png

...mostly because of the Ape Escape/Toro Inoue acknowledgement. Incidentally, I think I was the only one here that didn't hate i-hate-u.

Why can't I play this on my PS4 in English. :(
Nice Easter Egg under my avatar. But it should have been under Cyberia avatar.
Also I didn't hate the guy.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Looking at the gameplay of TLOU2 and looking back at recently released AAA games, I can kinda get the sentiment of why other devs could think that is faked or why even now there's a degree of skeptism that it can actually animate that fluidly.

Pretty graphics are dime a dozen these days, but those level of animation is really rare - especially in gameplay. You can normally see the 'snapping' when it comes to gameplay animations.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man, I really hope they let people play the multiplayer as well. I understand the marketing not focusing on it during the first game's marketing campaign, but this time they really should.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
gflVFvS.png

Here's one thing in NDs engine tech pipeline that isn't graphics that they could improve upon. Get that responsiveness to Spiderman PS4 levels or the DREAM Destiny 2.... but at least Spiderman. Damn Spidey and Destiny are fucking great, I wish every game was like this.

YOU HEAR ME DRUCKMANN? - kidding. I'm sure someone else on the technical side would be that one that would have to see this.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
gflVFvS.png

Here's one thing in NDs engine tech pipeline that isn't graphics that they could improve upon. Get that responsiveness to Spiderman PS4 levels or the DREAM Destiny 2.... but at least Spiderman. Damn Spidey and Destiny are fucking great, I wish every game was like this.

YOU HEAR ME DRUCKMANN? - kidding. I'm sure someone else on the technical side would be that one that would have to see this.

Motion matching is supposedly going to get that better

Also, I find it really impressive how responsive their games are considering the complex and dense animation system they have

Uncharted 4 for example plays like a dream and its animations look REALLY good

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I have become a full Resetera user. That I talk more about games than I actually played them.
I realized this when I made one of those twitter threads about games you've finished this year. I haven't finished or played a new game since CTR lol. I beat Yakuza Kiwami recently but that was from my backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.