• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely a remaster of some sort.

I'm an uber fan of the Klonoa games and the franchise has been dead for years, so I'll take what I can at this point.
Oh okay. I was not aware of this franchise.
It's still in development. But Wild Sheep is a small studio and Ancel is splitting his time between it and BG&E2. So many of us expect that it's been moved to the PS5.
Yeah, probably both of those Ancel's titles will release on PS5. Anways looking forward to both of them.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I personally loved Horizon, then again for some reason I got really invested in that world. I also loved the beasts you would fight - Thunderjaws were amazing, so were the Frozen Wilds beasts (some legit tough monsters there), the birds, crocs etc. Loved it. Hope they really go crazy with robo animal designs in the sequel.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
I personally loved Horizon, then again for some reason I got really invested in that world. I also loved the beasts you would fight - Thunderjaws were amazing, so were the Frozen Wilds beasts (some legit tough monsters there), the birds, crocs etc. Loved it. Hope they really go crazy with robo animal designs in the sequel.

Horizon is my favorite new IP, I like God of war but I think there is too many builds. I like the skill tree of HZD is not very big. I would have preferred it to be even tiniest and gain some attack when leveling up.

My only big complaints is fight against human is not so compelling and it is a big part of the main story...

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Best new IP this gen. Amazing combat, great story, Aloy is awesome and the soundtrack is fantastic :)
Well deserved runner-up GOTY in 2017. Horizon 2 on PS5 will melt our minds ;)

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
That's what I mean, that trailer served its purpose with release date announcement but MediEvil and Concrete Genie have release dates already so I don't know what other updates they could possibly have anymore. At least I hope Sony has some other things to show in addition to TLOU2.

Yeah, being curious what they have to show beside Tlou2 :)

I expect some PSVR launch dates for Iron Man or Paper Beast and hopefully a new VR announcement.
Iron Man is at the moment the only upcoming Sony published PSVR game and 2020 looks empty...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon is my favorite new IP, I like God of war but I think there is too many builds. I like the skill tree of HZD is not very big. I would have preferred it to be even tiniest and gain some attack when leveling up.

My only big complaints is fight against human is not so compelling and it is a big part of the main story...

Human combat definitely wasn't good. I didn't like it, when you can blow off turrets and stuff from huge creatures, going from that to fighting is quite the downgrade! Hopefully the sequel can improve on that aspect as its really the only thing that I don't recall enjoying.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, being curious what they have to show beside Tlou2 :)

I expect some PSVR launch dates for Iron Man or Paper Beast and hopefully a new VR announcement.
Iron Man is at the moment the only upcoming Sony published PSVR game and 2020 looks empty...
Excited to see more of Iron Man. You know, Team Asobi has been working on something for a year now (Astro Bot 2 or something else), maybe they could be a good candidate for this SoP?

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017

Kinda thinking it could it be a good opportunity announce those Insomniac VR titles coming to PSVR.

Unless those are locked under some timed Oculus Rift deal still.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Excited to see more of Iron Man. You know, Team Asobi has been working on something for a year now (Astro Bot 2 or something else), maybe they could be a good candidate for this SoP?

Astro Bot 2 would be an amazing announcement or finally some Sony Manchester news....

Kinda thinking it could it be a good opportunity announce those Insomniac VR titles coming to PSVR.

Unless those are locked under some timed Oculus Rift deal still.

I believe their VR titles will stay longer Oculus exclusive.

Insomniac should make Resistance 3 VR with aim gun support :D

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What bracelet is that?

It's Dina's hamsa charm bracelet. Such bracelets are common throughout the Middle East, and often serve a religious purpose or as a good luck charm.

In the cutscene where Ellie is dancing with Dina, Dina is wearing it, yet in the gameplay that takes place a year later, Ellie is wearing it. Presumably Dina either dies or gives it to Ellie for good luck.

Don't frigde her, Naughty Dog.

If we're to actually relate to Ellie's insatiable lust for revenge and sheer rage, then either Dina or Joel, or both, have to go. There's nothing else I could think of that would really sell it. That or the entire town gets raided and slaughtered.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Holy shit GoW is so much better and interesting then Horizon. I mean Horizon is not bad. I just struggled the last days to really enjoy it. Focused more on the story and just combat.
But still found it uninteresting in the end that i dropped it for the moment. Started up GoW last night. And i am playing for hours and hours already. First the story is interesting with great characters. And then the combat. Oh boy. More fan i guess also these days of the more semi open world then open world.

Honestly as time's gone on I've come to appreciate God of War less and less.

I just can't help but compare it to TLOU (both being story focused, character driven games) and focus on how much better TLOU is in so many categories.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
I'm almost certain Dina is of Israeli heritage, or at the very least Jewish.
I'm really curious if the religious aspect will play a big role in the story

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess final teaser will be:

''What are you doing kiddo? You really gonna go through with this?''

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Why is it that video games are held to a different standard than movies? You don't see ppl talking about overexposure to violence in movies or tv shows. I think it's because games are still viewed as a child's hobby that shouldn't depict violence or sex accurately. Seeing all these threads pop up on this forum just has me thinking about it. I think video games are an art form, and should be respected as such just like movies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Why is it that video games are held to a different standard than movies? You don't see ppl talking about overexposure to violence in movies or tv shows. I think it's because games are still viewed as a child's hobby that shouldn't depict violence or sex accurately. Seeing all these threads pop up on this forum just has me thinking about it. I think video games are an art form, and should be respected as such just like movies.
Well, interactivity can make it worse.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
ND trying to fool everyone into thinking Ellie's gf is the one who's dead. You're not fooling me, team #RipJoel.

Oct 25, 2017

Some of the criticism is hollow, but movies are also taken to task if the violence displayed has no meaning behind it.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018

Maybe you just don't pay attention to the movie discourse because it is a continual conversation about movies and violence, sexual representation, and thematic content in them.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I think everyone at that camp is dead joel to, the cult was after ellie and killed the camp shes the lone wolf out for revenge

It could be really great if everyone dies except Ellie and her mind breaks to the point of going on a rampage. The moments of reflexion would be incredibly impactful.

I trust in ND execution in whatever they tell us.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
It could be really great if everyone dies except Ellie and her mind breaks to the point of going on a rampage. The moments of reflexion would be incredibly impactful.

I trust in ND execution in whatever they tell us.
i think the first trailer with joel asking her if shes gonna go through with it is real, and does happen but yea shes just snapped and is talking to "ghost"

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the violence always has context though, I can't think of too many times in games or movies where violence was on display and I had no idea what was going on.

Ultimately, the difference is between having context and having justified context.

Presumably, TLOU2's depiction of elevated and uncomfortable violence has some sort of thematic or story reasoning beyond what we found in TLOU1. Movies rarely handle violence in the same way because they don't have an element of interactivity. Interactivity can lead to unintended glorification when the contextual justification behind the violence is weak. Hence, ND stating that the theme of the game is "hate." To clearly show that the elevated violence in this game doesn't exist "just because they could." How it all pans out in the final game remains to be seen of course.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Maybe you just don't pay attention to the movie discourse because it is a continual conversation about movies and violence, sexual representation, and thematic content in them.
Those conversations aren't brought to the forefront the way they are with games. I'm sure it's a debate in some circles but movies aren't nearly scrutinized and ridiculed for depicting violence accurately the way games are. We've seen countless numbers of movies and shows that show gruesome violence and it's all good as long as it's labeled rated R. However with games even when rated M, they take heat for their depictions of violence. I get ppl that don't partake in gaming having that opinion, what I don't get are ppl that do game but have issues with excessive violence. You must have issues with it in movies too then right?

Edit: I think I just needed to consider the interactive nature of games, ppl take issue with violence in games due to you being "responsible" of that violence.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Ultimately, the difference is between having context and having justified context.

Presumably, TLOU2's depiction of elevated and uncomfortable violence has some sort of thematic or story reasoning beyond what we found in TLOU1. Movies rarely handle violence in the same way because they don't have an element of interactivity. Interactivity can lead to unintended glorification when the contextual justification behind the violence is weak. Hence, ND stating that the theme of the game is "hate." To clearly show that the elevated violence in this game just doesn't exist "because they could." How it is in the final game remains to be seen of course.
Well said and makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.