• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The violence in TLOU Part II is also making people very uncomfortable because of how frighteningly life-like it all looks. ND's level of detail as well.

GenerousWeepyKoalabear-size_restricted.gif

pDqT1ar.gif

YFFP314.gif

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Is there no way to quickly record 30 seconds of gameplay on PS4? Like something cool happened. Hit record and it records what happened in the last 30 seconds.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Is there no way to quickly record 30 seconds of gameplay on PS4? Like something cool happened. Hit record and it records what happened in the last 30 seconds.

It's always recording, so if you press the share button a menu opens up and there you can save the video. It saves the last 15 minutes, you can then trim the footage to get the scenes and duration you want

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
The violence in TLOU Part II is also making people very uncomfortable because of how frighteningly life-like it all looks. ND's level of detail as well.

GenerousWeepyKoalabear-size_restricted.gif

pDqT1ar.gif

YFFP314.gif
Ya I think video games bring people closer to violence than any other medium can because of the interactivity. I can see ppl being uncomfortable with it, but I still don't think it makes ppl numb to it, and I certainly don't think it causes ppl to commit acts of violence.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Ah oke i figured it out. Changed the settings to 30 second and then you need hit the share button. Then save video clip and it takes the last 30 seconds.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
You put it at random place near the water turbines section because ellie forgot to put it on their graves

Shit I forgot about that! Just after the high-five right?

I was sure she has something of Sam's when it's the Winter, or is that just if you don't put it down in that area?

Other items that could show up could include the picture of Sarah, or Riley's Firefly badge.

Damn, this game is going to be bittersweet or brutal.

The PGW trailer was WAY more violent than anything they showed in the gameplay one.

"Clip her wings" was one of those moments where even though I'm generally fine with game violence that made me feel really uncomfortable.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Im very excited for State of Play and Last of Us Part II. Finally we'll see more of it.

However Im still sad that Im such a big fan of Playstation All Stars, at this point Im not even setting myself up for dissappointment anymore..

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
"Clip her wings" was one of those moments where even though I'm generally fine with game violence that made me feel really uncomfortable.

I put that down to how good the sound design is. What you're actually seeing isn't that bad. There's no gore outside of her shirt sleeve filling up with blood. So the sound design really sells the whole scene.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
The animation is where TLoU2 will shine and it's what will make people extremely uncomfortable. Imagine TLoU2 level of violence with Tomb Raider or Assassin's Creed level animations (not that those games are particularly bad in terms of animation), there'd be much less concern about how it'll be received because you can see the cracks that make it less realistic.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
One of the most impressive thing in TLOU2 E3 demo is animation of not just movement, but also interaction with pickup-able objects.

There's no more handwaving and teleporting of items. The most insane interaction was pulling the arrows from dead body:
1WsYNHG.jpg

I'm very curious to see how many body positions will they support.
I've always found it weird how ND's corpses never show the nipples against that shirt. Dude looks like he's completely flat lol

Oct 25, 2017
One of the most impressive thing in TLOU2 E3 demo is animation of not just movement, but also interaction with pickup-able objects.

There's no more handwaving and teleporting of items. The most insane interaction was pulling the arrows from dead body:
1WsYNHG.jpg

I'm very curious to see how many body positions will they support.

I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements ND has made with transition animations. That's a category they excel in and the animations can be extremely jarring to witness in some games when you try to interact with an object or door and the character slides into place before triggering the actual animation.

Seems like something they'd have to account for on a considerable level with the arrows in the bodies or even on the floor. In the demo, it was seamless, which was mind blowing (but also rehearsed).

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My hype for news about part ll isn't even super high, not because I'm not interested. But because I really, really wanna play right now. Tuesday will only make the wait suck.

Knowing there's another day between now and new SoP is fuckin annoying me lol

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Holy shit GoW is so much better and interesting then Horizon. I mean Horizon is not bad. I just struggled the last days to really enjoy it. Focused more on the story and just combat.
But still found it uninteresting in the end that i dropped it for the moment. Started up GoW last night. And i am playing for hours and hours already. First the story is interesting with great characters. And then the combat. Oh boy. More fan i guess also these days of the more semi open world then open world.

I love these reactions lol

Have you played the original trilogy?

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Those conversations aren't brought to the forefront the way they are with games. I'm sure it's a debate in some circles but movies aren't nearly scrutinized and ridiculed for depicting violence accurately the way games are. We've seen countless numbers of movies and shows that show gruesome violence and it's all good as long as it's labeled rated R. However with games even when rated M, they take heat for their depictions of violence. I get ppl that don't partake in gaming having that opinion, what I don't get are ppl that do game but have issues with excessive violence. You must have issues with it in movies too then right?

Edit: I think I just needed to consider the interactive nature of games, ppl take issue with violence in games due to you being "responsible" of that violence.

please go read the discourse on the Joker movie and come back to this idea.

It is a current topic of conversation with movies right at this moment. The conversation is different, but violence or depictions of different human behavior in movies has a regular reckoning just as games and all other entertainment does.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
please go read the discourse on the Joker movie and come back to this idea.

It is a current topic of conversation with movies right at this moment. The conversation is different, but violence or depictions of different human behavior in movies has a regular reckoning just as games and all other entertainment does.

The conversation around Joker isn't about the violence though, but whether it's increasing empathy towards or acceptance to the kinds of things that spur right wing or extremist ideologies among disenfranchised white or other folk. Completely different things.

The conversation around violence (and to an extent sex) in movies is old hat, that took place decades ago and isn't really a point of discourse anymore.

Interestly, some of the same kinds of folk that complained about that sort of thing (eg conservatives, Republicans, religious folk etc) in movies back in the day, these days look to scapegoat videogame violence instead.

Last edited:

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
The conversation around Joker isn't about the violence though, but whether it's increasing empathy towards or acceptance to the kinds of things that spur right wing or extremist ideologies among disenfranchised white or other folk. Completely different things.

The conversation around violence (and to an extent sex) in movies is old hat, that took place decades ago and isn't really a point of discourse anymore.

I don't think you're asking the right questions to understand that these are intersectional concerns of violence in all forms of entertainment. But that is a much longer back and forth for another thread or in private.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think you're asking the right questions to understand that these are intersectional concerns of violence in all forms of entertainment. But that is a much longer back and forth for another thread or in private.

With all due respect, this response and your last, seem like digressing or obfuscating waffle, in that they're trying to conflate different topics and discussions as if they're part of the same overarching thing, when they're clearly not. Eg the discourse around Joker isn't centred around violence in and of itself (countless other films have been hyper violent before Joker without any of this sort of discourse or discussion), rather the other things mentioned around the acceptance of extremism born from disenfranchisement.

But as you've stated, let's leave the conversation for elsewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.