• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
so, that FF7 trailer is pretty incredible.

can we talk on the absolutely mad exclusive lineup that is coming?

Death Stranding in November (confirmed)
Nioh 2 in January (rumored to release early 2020 according to zhuge, and i dont think they will launch in February or March because of other games, should be getting the date in a few days anyway)
The Last of Us Part II in February (rumored by Zhuge and Jason)
Final Fantasy VII Remake in March (confirmed)
Ghost of Tsushima in May (speculation, Jason said that the game is targeting H1 2020, and i dont think they will launch in April with Cyberpunk 2077)

This is all in 6~7 months!
Yakuza 7 in January as well for anyone importing (i.e. me). So yeah, that, Concrete Genie and Medievil along with the above is a heck of a final? year for the PS4. It just keeps on going with these big games :)

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
You forgot the full release of Dreams. At this point I honestly feel like it would be best to launch Ghost of Tsushima in September or make it a cross-gen title. 1st half of 2020 is overcrowded.
oh right, dreams too, good thing i already bought it in the early access lol.
Yakuza 7 in January as well for anyone importing (i.e. me). So yeah, that, Concrete Genie and Medievil along with the above is a heck of a final? year for the PS4. It just keeps on going with these big games :)
i tried to give focus to the roughly 6 months window from Death Stranding's launch so cocnrete genie and medievil are before that period and as you said yakuza is japan first so i assume the western release will only hit in the second half of 2020.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
FF7 will be a pretty damn big title for Playstation in March.
2020's big titles are so goddamn insane:

- Dreams
- TLOU2
- GOT
- NiOh 2
- FF7R
- Elden Ring
- Yakuza 7
- Cyberpunk
With this amazing line-up of 1st and 3rd party games, I estimate the cumulative sales of PS4 games will be between 1.4 and 1.5 billion games sold when PS5 will launch (Nov 2020)

Current PS4 games sold : > 1.005 billion
Current record holder : PS2 with 1.537 billion games sold

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Lawdy that FF7 Remake footage

giphy.gif

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Nioh 2 in January (rumored to release early 2020 according to zhuge, and i dont think they will launch in February or March because of other games, should be getting the date in a few days anyway)
Ghost of Tsushima in May (speculation, Jason said that the game is targeting H1 2020, and i dont think they will launch in April with Cyberpunk 2077)

EDIT:
also Dreams full release is scheduled for early 2020!

Man when you add in the multiplatform stuff it super fucking crazy .
I will say this now that PS4 will have the best last year of any consoles ever .
Next year will be the most expensive year for me ever not counting consoles launches .

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
also another game i forgot to add to the list of that time period, Persona 5 Royal western release scheduled for spring 2020.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
What you guys are saying we should pretty much expect 200 million PS4s in the wild by June ;)

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria

EDIT:
also Dreams full release is scheduled for early 2020!

Add Concrete Genie and MediEvil to the list. PS4 gamers are covered!

That's indeed one hell of a lineup. I can't even remember the last time I considered buying so many games in such a short span of time.

Indeed, I'm also thinking on not jumping on PS5 day one, as I have a lot of backlog that needs clearing, but I guess it depends on how BC with PS4 is handled on PS5.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
February through April looks insane and I'm not even that interested in a lot of the big games like Nioh 2 and Persona 5 Royal (played vanilla twice, not doing that shit again lol).

At minimum I'm planning to get TLOU, Watch Dogs, Final Fantasy and Cyberpunk... Fingers crossed that Dying Light 2 and Ghost of Tsushima are May/June. Honestly, June would be beautiful for GoT. Hyped exclusives tend to do well in the summer.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was wondering what was going on with the Manchester studio. Good to see an update.

How many VR studios Sony plans on making? They already have London studio and now that they've bought Insomniac they have another studio that can create VR games too.
They have two VR studios with London Studio and Manchester Studio. And as you've already said, a great VR team at Insomniac. That's more than enough. The rest will be for "core" (non-VR) players.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
The worst part of this month is when you're on a news blackout and there are updates coming left and right: Nioh, FF VII, Death Stranding, TLOU II, Yakuza, Persona!!

At least people watching this seem ecstatic about them all. With that, I have more than enough until release.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Man when you add in the multiplatform stuff it super fucking crazy .
I will say this now that PS4 will have the best last year of any consoles ever .
Next year will be the most expensive year for me ever not counting consoles launches .
PS4 is the greater PS2...

I'm telling ya it's glorious! I don't think PS5 will have this many exclusives with all the studio acquisitions and eventually I believe X-Play will be standard across 3rd party titles. PS4 is going to go down at the GoAT Playstation.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 can still be amazing, assuming BC works exactly as I imagine it and all my PS4 games run on my PS5 enhanced somehow (even just modest better performance thanks to better hardware). That'd be nice! PS5 will also have several sequels I'm already hyped for (Spidey 2, GOW 2 (5?), Horizon 2) so it'll still be a blast, but yeah, PS4 has been on a roll for the last few years with its exclusives, whether they be timed, console or full on exclusive titles. I still haven't got round to fixing my PC because playing on PS4 is just so damn convenient. And its still the only place to play all the mainline Yakuza games...

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Man is it crammed
Seems like PS consoles always have so many games crammed for release near the end of its cycle

If the PS5 has a dedicated and robust PS4 BC at launch then people will have a large quality of back catalog to get through if the PS5 launch window isn't as packed with games

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather prefer PS3 BC over PS1 and 2. Mainly just because my PS2 does a great job at playing PS1 and 2 games fine, but I don't trust my PS3 in the long run. And as long as Demons Souls, MGS4, various Ratchet and Clanks, all three Motorstorms and Resistance's, Yakuza Kenzan, Dead Souls, HD1&2 are on there I'll need to retain a PS3.

Deleted member 24417

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
PS4 is the greater PS2...

I'm telling ya it's glorious! I don't think PS5 will have this many exclusives with all the studio acquisitions and eventually I believe X-Play will be standard across 3rd party titles. PS4 is going to go down at the GoAT Playstation.

GOAT PlayStation? Not in a single lifetime, PS2 is miles ahead in quality, variety and quantity...

Status
Not open for further replies.