• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018

Super arrogant, there are 80 other developers working 13 hours a day in crunch time.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

Super arrogant, there are 80 other developers working 13 hours a day in crunch time.

How do you know they are working 13 hours a day? 🤔🤣😅

People seem to forget or at least ignore how Kojima is actually involved in every part of the development from the art to the tech running the game to the marketing... 😑

Last edited:

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
How do you know they are working 13 hours a day? 🤔🤣😅

People seem to forget or at least ignore how Kojima is actually involved in every of the development from the art to the tech running the game to the marketing... 😑

Do you know what does it mean crunch time? AT LEAST 12 hours per day.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I get what you're going for, but a director of a movie rarely comes and says shit like that.

I did everything. Me. Me alone.
His English might be limited, but he didn't say such a thing: he worked on every aspect of the project (that's a director, after all) but not by himself.

I really don't understand this controversy at all. Among all things, I take more offense with recent marketing in films or music, branding people as "visionaries". It's way beyond this, and far more ordinary.

EDIT: For example, I have Tarantino's Hollywood soundtrack on CD right before my eyes and the first thing you read there is his name. If anything, I think more video game directors should do the same and get recognized by all the public for their hard work and creativity. Put Druckmann's name on TLOU cover, or Ueda's in his next game. The industry should be more accepting of its highly talented individuals, not only the IPs they've worked for.

Last edited:

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I get what you're going for, but a director of a movie rarely comes and says shit like that.

He didnt do everything? There are more parts than he mentioned above in game development. But we dont have really insight inside the studio how it is exactly. He might be right or not.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I was trying to find a quote from Julien Merceron, former Technical Director of Kojima Productions (before the Kojima-Konami split). The only one I could find was from Dualshockers, so I won't post the link but I will post the quote:
Merceron didn't really know what to expect from Hideo Kojima, as he knew him just as a friend. Since he did a lot of public relations and marketing, Merceron thought that maybe he was like a figurehead, with a lot of underlings doing everything from him, like game design and narrative design.

When they started to work together, Merceron was absolutely amazed. Kojima-san takes care of everything himself. He does marketing, Creativity on P.T "from A to Z," the same with Metal Gear, he worked on the game design and on the story. Something not many know is that after Metal Gear Solid 4 was finished and work on Fox Engine started Kojima-san was among those who designed the technology. He's a true technology enthusiast, and he wanted an engine that could represent him and that allowed him to deliver the experiences he aspired to create.

At first Merceron thought he would have to talk to Kojima-san in very simple terms, but that wasn't the case at all. Kojima-san was beyond his expectations in everything: in the ideas he had, in his passion for his work, in his knowledge of technology, and even more so in his mastery of his vision. According to Merceron, he has never met anyone else who knows exactly how his game is going to look like before even seeing it.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
On the topic of sharing content, i hope Sony update thisfeature and make it more snappy and faster to share things. Like being able to see your recorded footage /pics on your phone (saved in the cloud).

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
How do you be a veteran of the industry who produced some of the greatest video games of all time and get this relentless hate.
He always vaguely tweets about him working to the point of exhaustion and barely sleeping. I dont really care what other people say about him. He works his ass off and when he's gone people are gonna be pretending like they never flew vitrol at him.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Kojima didn't say that either, but the reality is that he's far more involved than most film directors are. How many film directors come up with the idea, write the script, define the screenplay, decide on the camera work, actively cut every trailer themselves, promote the game on every occasion personally, secure finding themselves and are responsible for the livelihoods of the whole production company?

He's an auteur who has his hand in most elements of the game.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Kojima hate really so big here ?

Took a look at some gifs from the TGS demonstration and I like what I saw.
That Hoverboard
looks cool :D

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
"A Hideo Kojima Game" is a pretty good marketing tool considering his reputation as a creator but I've always considered it to be fairly egotistical given how he's usually supported by a big team. "A Kojima Productions Game" would be more fitting. I don't think it's the worst thing ever but the way he talk about his games always feels a bit David Cage-y to me (Yes, I know, very different reputations), could be a language barrier issue too though.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
No idea, ask the people calling him that in all the other Kojima related threads.

To me he's clearly someone who loves what he does and is very enthusiastic about it.
Exactly. It's clear to me that the work he does is all done for the love of the work.

I think crappy cynical people often dislike those kinds of people so they are often looking for ways to twist it.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Because there weren't enough threads shitting on Kojima.

For Real. It's becoming exhausting, really.

Kojima has been around the damn industry for more than 35+ Years and has built a brand new studio with a New AAA IP in 3 years after getting fired.

Yet some on the internet still can't understand what "A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME" really means & why no one under or around him has blasted him yet.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
For Real. It's becoming exhausting, really.

Kojima has been around the damn industry for more than 35+ Years and has built a brand new studio with a New AAA IP in 3 years after getting fired.

Yet some on the internet still can't understand what "A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME" really means & why no one under or around him has blasted him yet.
This.

Kojima didn't say that either, but the reality is that he's far more involved than most film directors are. How many film directors come up with the idea, write the script, define the screenplay, decide on the camera work, actively cut every trailer themselves, promote the game on every occasion personally, secure finding themselves and are responsible for the livelihoods of the whole production company?

He's an auteur who has his hand in most elements of the game.
Exactly.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
Come on Sony announce something for these guys anniversary

tumblr_o4npo1tVSG1rdsyzho1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.