• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

Is this tag new? never seen it before

EGYu26IWwAELN0E

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Director of Production @ Marvel Games

Iron Man VR, the inevitable Spider-Man sequel on PS5
Maybe other things too between Marvel and Sony

And Heads of Operations @ Marvel Games

Last edited:

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Remember that I saw some claimed dualshock 5 images. Probably fake since I loved the design. Well, as long the controller isn't asymetrical is good for me.

PS5-7.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I know some folks are dissapointed that DS5 doesn't have paddles but I'm glad the controller don't have even more buttons. They are already so packed.

Aug 26, 2019
One of the things Sony did at the February Meeting was show a list of developers working on PS4 games. It was super hype and I think they should do that again.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Guys I m playing days gone (8 HOURS in) and I m loving it . I bought it on sale and I was expecting a buggy mess of a game and I got a beautiful smooth different version far cry which I love btw. Such a fucking amazing game and they nailed the atmosphere .it's the second time this month I m pleasantly surprised when I buy a game on sale .

I bought ni no Kuni 2 on sale and was worried I would not like it since I m not a jrpg fan but somehow I loved it .

Anyways till now I m loving days gone . Just don't understand how far cry is 83 and days gone is 72 on meta .was it that buggy and messy when it launched and now they fixed it ?

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know some folks are dissapointed that DS5 doesn't have paddles but I'm glad the controller don't have even more buttons. They are already so packed.
Paddles are alternative buttons rather than mandatory, it's a significant upgrade since you can do things while aiming and moving without ever taking your fingers the sticks. It's more useful than an HD rumble gimmick (and less battery draining)

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Guys I m playing days gone (8 HOURS in) and I m loving it . I bought it on sale and I was expecting a buggy mess of a game and I got a beautiful smooth different version far cry which I love btw. Such a fucking amazing game and they nailed the atmosphere .it's the second time this month I m pleasantly surprised when I buy a game on sale .

I bought ni no Kuni 2 on sale and was worried I would not like it since I m not a jrpg fan but somehow I loved it .

Anyways till now I m loving days gone . Just don't understand how far cry is 83 and days gone is 72 on meta .was it that buggy and messy when it launched and now they fixed it ?
You will love even more what happens next ! The game gets better and better
Enjoy the ride

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018

Is this confirmed? I'm holding out hope that they're just not confirming it yet.

Honestly would be proper shit if DS5 doesn't have paddles - that's more important than anything else they announced about the controller today.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

Glad you liked NNK2, I bought it on release with expectations in check (liked the first one but wasn't over the moon with it) and really liked it, I'd like to play it again at some point.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Glad you liked NNK2, I bought it on release with expectations in check (liked the first one but wasn't over the moon with it) and really liked it, I'd like to play it again at some point.
What an amazing game that was. as someone who doesn't like jrpg I spent 78 hours in this beautiful universe .why the fuck isn't sony buying level 5 and giving them AAA budget? The game the combat , the graphics, the music ,everything is done perfectly.

Donthizz

Oct 26, 2017

It was buggy, specially on the og ps4. They did a good job with patches.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It was buggy, specially on the og ps4. They did a good job with patches.
Yea that's what I assumed . I heard about so much bug in reviews and when I m playing now not a single bug or hiccup on the pro in 8 hours . It feels like a better version of far cry (by better I mean the atmosphere in the game is more believable compared to far cry ) and low key it's one of he best looking games I have played

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I just got past the first world in Astro Bot....if Sony doesnt give them 10x's the budget on a sequel I'm suing.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
They give him a big budget, tech and let him do whatever he wants while pretty much giving him the superstar treatment.

His fanbase is also mostly on PS.

You'd have to be pretty dumb to walk away from that kind of deal.
Yeah.

I really liked it too. Looked gorgeous as well.
Only main nitpick for me was that BN should have given it some more voiceover budget so that they could do more of the lines so cut offs would be more appropriately timed by having more lines be voiced. Plus the cast was good and I would have liked to hear even more of them lol. It was a bit weird when it would change sometimes but I still really liked the game.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone aware of other games that have done this?

I remember Portal 2 did this so well during the chapter - "The Part where kills you". Basically once its mentioned by Wheatley, Glados and the title of the chapter shows up, the trophy pops out right after. Probably one of my favorite low key 4th wall breaking moments. I know Deadpool and Rocksteady also played around with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Paddles are alternative buttons rather than mandatory, it's a significant upgrade since you can do things while aiming and moving without ever taking your fingers the sticks. It's more useful than an HD rumble gimmick (and less battery draining)

Unless they change the front facing design, wouldn't paddles be an addition to what's already on the controller?

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless they change the front facing design, wouldn't paddles be an addition to what's already on the controller?
It's an addition but a significant addition than a HD Rumble, unless the haptic feedback of ds5 is a lot more advance than Switch's I rather take the former. But i'm the guy who turns off vibration since it's annoying and doesn't add anything, even HD rumble was a disappointing gimmick personally

Oct 25, 2017
It's an addition but a significant addition than a HD Rumble, unless the haptic feedback of ds5 is a lot more advance than Switch's I rather take the former. But i'm the guy who turns off vibration since it's annoying and doesn't add anything, even HD rumble was a disappointing gimmick personally

Sure, I'm not saying it's not a big addition, just that I'm not a fan of having even more buttons on the controller.

If they add paddles, something else button wise needs to go. There's too much on the controller already, imagine adding more buttons/paddles to the controller and how daunting that'll make it for new folks to gaming.

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
Are there rumblings of what XDev connected games we might see? Housemarque? Arrowhead Games? Etc.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Little Big Planet 3 was cross-gen and so was MLB The Show initially, but in general you are correct. I think Ghost of Tsushima is being developed cross-gen even if it releases on PS4 first.
LittleBigPlanet 3 was Sumo Digital and it wasn't cross gen at launch it released a year later. MLB The Show wasn't on PS4 until 2015. Unless you think Ghost is delayed to 2021/2022

Oct 25, 2017
LittleBigPlanet 3 was Sumo Digital and it wasn't cross gen at launch it released a year later. MLB The Show wasn't on PS4 until 2015. Unless you think Ghost is delayed to 2021/2022

Cross-gen means a simultaneous release across two generations of hardware. LBP3 and MLB fit that criteria. Not sure what jacked up definition you are using, but it's wrong.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Director of Production @ Marvel Games

Iron Man VR, the inevitable Spider-Man sequel on PS5
Maybe other things too between Marvel and Sony

And Heads of Operations @ Marvel Games

Spider-Man 2 is a given, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Sony locked down the marketing rights for all next gen Marvel Games.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
No way Ghost of Tsushima will release 2 versions simultaneously on PS4 and PS5. I would have an avatar bet with anyone.
I will gladly take you up on this lol. No way in fuck this is just on PS4, they would have needed a media blowout by now. Its a brand new IP and the studio is not Naughty Dog, it wont sell on name alone. PS5 makes too much sense.

Oct 25, 2017
No way Ghost of Tsushima will release 2 versions simultaneously on PS4 and PS5. I would have an avatar bet with anyone.

I don't think it will be directly cross-gen either since they continue to promote it as a PS4 game, but I do think they are simultaneously developing PS5 upgrades for it. It's too close to PS5 launch to not have an enhanced version ready.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.