• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will gladly take you up on this lol. No way in fuck this is just on PS4, they would have needed a media blowout by now. Its a brand new IP and the studio is not Naughty Dog, it wont sell on name alone. PS5 makes too much sense.
Name the stake

I don't think it will be directly cross-gen either since they continue to promote it as a PS4 game, but I do think they are simultaneously developing PS5 upgrades for it. It's too close to PS5 launch to not have an enhanced version ready.
Enhanced I understand, but it won't be a PS5 copy of the gamr

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Silent protagonists are the worst. Just started DQ11, my first time playing a game from this series, and while I really like it so far, the player character is completely emotionless and lacks any kind of presence. If Sony starts back making JRPGs, I hope they never go this route.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Dat Jason stealth confirmation lol. Sony saving a big remake like that for PS5 is pretty smart.

0FzEX6m.png

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Silent protagonists are the worst. Just started DQ11, my first time playing a game from this series, and while I really like it so far, the player character is completely emotionless and lacks any kind of presence. If Sony starts back making JRPGs, I hope they never go this route.
Yep DQ11 is amazing but man is it jarring with him showing very little emotions

Broncs

Nov 26, 2018
In terms of difficulty, how does Demon Souls compare to Bloodborne or Nioh.

Also would Bluepoint need to alter some things to get it to today's standard of souls game or should they just leave it as is.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
In terms of difficulty, how does Demon Souls compare to Bloodborne or Nioh.

Also would Bluepoint need to alter some things to get it to today's standard of souls game or should they just leave it as is.

Hard to say regarding difficulty, in my case it was my first Souls game so I probably found it harder than it really is since I wasn't used to this type of game.

I would like them to change the healing items, they are a consumable like Bloodborne blood vials but instead of having just one type you have like 5 types which heal different amounts. Also it would be nice to have omni-directional rolling like in Dark Souls 3 instead of just 4 directions.

Though if they don't change anything and just work on the visuals that would be fine by me too, no big deal.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Honestly, most needed change about PlayStation to me is UI. The ever increasing amount of things in the XMB is ridiculous and I don't think it's the best way to sort data anymore given the number of menus they now have to hide in other menus. Things I'd love to see:
  • PlayStation events sync to my Calendar (Outlook/Google/Whatever)
  • Schedule events from Mobile or just outside of games
  • Create short form reply options while playing like my iPhone gives me
  • Predictive sentence text autofill options for all messages
  • See games downloaded, in my library, and in the digital store all in one list without going to 3 different spots for it
  • Search all of PlayStation and give me back anything available to play on PS5 meeting the criteria would be dope to do without having to click into the store. (If offline, show just games downloaded)
  • Themes are full screen all the time
  • Dynamic themes can double as screensavers when idle
  • Full Screen Visualizations to go along with Spotify or music playback for soundtracks. (I'd gladly pay for these if dope)
  • Show me in the top right of the screen my storage % full instead of clicking into a menu

Give me the XMB in full page format where I can swipe through what I'm looking at on the controller touchpad, via voice, or use the trigger buttons to pop between Games & Apps (with folders to start), Friends, Communities, and Events, Live Feed/Notifications, Personal Pictures/Video, Live! on PlayStation/Twitch/YouTube/Hulu/other streaming service, and System Settings.

i hope we get some of this!

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Just messed around with remote play and it was a really good experience. Surprisingly, the connection with my Android phone was noticeably better than my iPad. Had the same settings on both (720p, higher frame rate streaming). Kinda want to get one of those clips for my phone now.

Y'all will probably think this is crazy, but I hope Sony releases a dedicated remote play/PS Now device. Basically a Vita or Switch without the ability to run games locally. Purely for streaming. Make it $99 with a decent display and include L2 & R2 this time.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
Anyone hear anything whether it be afterwards on Twitter or something about the future of the touchpad? Dude mentioned seeing a possible microphone, but if there wasn't a touchpad there, that's a huge plot of land that Sony will do something with.

Even being a prototype, I wonder what was there/will be there?

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone hear anything whether it be afterwards on Twitter or something about the future of the touchpad? Dude mentioned seeing a possible microphone, but if there wasn't a touchpad there, that's a huge plot of land that Sony will do something with.

The Wired reporter repsonded to tweets that he saw both the touch pad and light bar on the new controller.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017

I think someone posted it a devs tweet here that bc it is BC, there is also the light bar and the touchpad.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
The Wired reporter repsonded to tweets that he saw both the touch pad and light bar on the new controller.
I think someone posted it a devs tweet here that bc it is BC, there is also the light bar and the touchpad.

Thx. I suppose it was either that or saying, "well if ya want to play a PS4 title, make sure you have a DS4." Which of course does not complement their grand idea of bc.

Part of me is happy to see it back, and the other can only wonder what could have been in its place...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Reading that new info on the PS5... I'm unreasonably hyped and its still a year out... oh well, at least I've got my money saved already. Just need to see the games now (a Demons Souls Remake would totally be a day 1 purchase, I also wonder if Capcom's got something up its sleeve since its release slate is completely empty at the moment, I'd go mad if a RE8/3 Remake was a launch game. That'd be amazing).

Is anyone aware of other games that have done this?

Not the same thing, but the funniest trophy pictures I have on my PS4 belongs to Street Fighter 5. I basically use Zangief exclusively and so 90% of the trophy photo's I have on the game are zoomed in shots of his amazing chest hair, which never fails to crack me up.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are there rumblings of what XDev connected games we might see? Housemarque? Arrowhead Games? Etc.
Arrowhead's next game is a 3rd person co-op shooter. It's basically all but confirmed to be a Sony 1st party game (for the PS5). So there you have your multiplayer game, folks :P
And the chances are high that Housemarque's first AAA game is a Sony 1st party game, too. Both XDev Studio supported, of course.
Then there is WiLD. I'm 99% sure it's a PS5 game now. So there we have 3 games already, made by independent 3rd party studios, that are Sony 1st party titles. Bluepoint Games working on Demon's Souls Remake. And Supermassive Games working on multiple Sony 1st party games (not announced yet, so they are 100% PS5 games). Kojima's next game will be a Sony 1st party game, too imho. I mean Hideo himself said hey wants that Death Stranding becomes a franchise. It's almost guaranteed that Death Stranding will be a success and sell millions. Last but not least there is Clap Hanz. Guess they are working on another Sony 1st party title, because that's what they always do :P Let's just hope it will be a next-gen Everybody's Tennis. We finally need a fun and good Tennis game again!

So we have:
- Bluepoint Games (Demon's Souls Remake)
- Arrowhead Game Studios (First AAA game - 3rd person co-op shooter)
- Housemarque (First AAA game)
- Wild Sheep Studio (WiLD)
- Supermassive Games (Multiple Sony 1st party projects)
- Kojima Productions (Death Stranding sequel / New AAA title)
- Clap Hanz (Everybody's Tennis or Everybody's Golf)

50/50 chance that they are working on a Sony 1st party title:
- Ready at Dawn (Working on an AAA game for several years already. My guess is that it's multiplat. Let's see.)
- Remedy Entertainment (Not much to say here. They were flirting a lot with Sony lately and they make great singleplayer games. So the chances are high that their next project is a Sony 1st party title. Would be amazing to see what they are capable of with a great 1st party partner like SIE.)
- Impulse Gear (Working on a next-gen PSVR title, after the really good "first-gen" PSVR title Farpoint.)
- First Contact Entertainment (Firewall: Zero Hour was damn good. Pretty sure Sony gave them cash for another VR title.)
- Firesprite (They have two projects. "A multi-million selling Action-RPG. And a new PSVR title." Maybe both are PSVR titles. Maybe both are Sony 1st party titles. You never know. They are ex-Studio Liverpool devs, so the chances are high that those titles are Sony 1st party games.)
- Flavorworks (Sadly I doubt that their next game is a Sony title. But I wanna mention them here, because I love "Erica" on the PS4. There aren't a lot of new choice-based games / FMV Adventures on the market. So my hope is that Sony continues to fund them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

So all in all, yeah, Sony's 1st party future looks amazing. They have the best 1st party studios and then they have the projects I've mentioned above. Now the wait continues for the PS5.
(Oh and acquire Bluepoint Games and Housemarque already, Sony ;) )

Last edited:

Terrysaur

Jun 14, 2019

Not a Dragon Quest fan, but I got the impression that the luminaries being silent protagonists was to allow the player to project themselves in place of the playable character.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
There is a curious list on this week's EU blog about the 10 most played (by number of PSN accounts) VR games on the old continent:

I find it surprising to see Resident Evil above Gran Turismo in Europe, of all places. Strong showing also from Farpoint and Astrobot, the only non-release games included in the list.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Paddles are alternative buttons rather than mandatory, it's a significant upgrade since you can do things while aiming and moving without ever taking your fingers the sticks. It's more useful than an HD rumble gimmick (and less battery draining)

They should just release a 'pro' controller for people that want that.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
There is a curious list on this week's EU blog about the 10 most played (by number of PSN accounts) VR games on the old continent:

I find it surprising to see Resident Evil above Gran Turismo in Europe, of all places. Strong showing also from Farpoint and Astrobot, the only non-release games included in the list.

No beat saber? How come? I thought its the best selling vr exclusive game.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Arrowhead's next game is a 3rd person co-op shooter. It's basically all but confirmed to be a Sony 1st party game (for the PS5). So there you have your multiplayer game, folks :P
And the chances are high that Housemarque's first AAA game is a Sony 1st party game, too. Both XDev Studio supported, of course.
Then there is WiLD. I'm 99% sure it's a PS5 game now. So there we have 3 games already, made by independent 3rd party studios, that are Sony 1st party titles. Bluepoint Games working on Demon's Souls Remake. And Supermassive Games working on multiple Sony 1st party games (not announced yet, so they are 100% PS5 games). Kojima's next game will be a Sony 1st party game, too imho. I mean Hideo himself said hey wants that Death Stranding becomes a franchise. It's almost guaranteed that Death Stranding will be a success and sell millions. Last but not least there is Clap Hanz. Guess they are working on another Sony 1st party title, because that's what they always do :P Let's just hope it will be a next-gen Everybody's Tennis. We finally need a fun andgood Tennis game again!

So we have:

- Ready at Dawn (Working on an AAA game for several years already. My guess is that it's multiplat. Let's see.)
- Remedy Entertainment (Not much to say here. They were flirting a lot with Sony lately and they make great singleplayer games. So the chances are high that their next project is a Sony 1st party title. Would be amazing to see what they are capable of with a great 1st party partner like SIE.)
- Impulse Gear (Working on a next-gen PSVR title, after the really good "first-gen" PSVR title Farpoint.)
- First Contact Entertainment (Firewall: Zero Hour was damn good. Pretty sure Sony gave them cash for another VR title.)
- Firesprite (They have two projects. "A multi-million selling Action-RPG. And a new PSVR title." Maybe both are PSVR titles. Maybe both are Sony 1st party titles. You never now. They are ex-Studio Liverpool devs, so the chances are high that those titles are Sony 1st party games.)
- Flavorworks (Sadly I doubt that their next game is a Sony title. But I wanna mention them here, because I love "Erica" on the PS4. There aren't a lot of new choice-based games / FMV Adventures on the market. So my hope is that Sony continues to fund them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

So all in all, yeah, Sony's 1st party future looks amazing. They have the best 1st party studios and then they have the projects I've mentioned above. Now the wait continues for the PS5.

Good and interesting post :)

First Contact Entertainment is working on another VR multiplayer shooter called Solaris: Offworld Combat, but this time for all big VR platforms.
I am also very curious what Firesprite has in development, The Persistence was great imo.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Then there is WiLD. I'm 99% sure it's a PS5 game now. So there we have 3 games already, made by independent 3rd party studios, that are Sony 1st party titles. Bluepoint Games working on Demon's Souls Remake. And Supermassive Games working on multiple Sony 1st party games (not announced yet, so they are 100% PS5 games). Kojima's next game will be a Sony 1st party game, too imho. I mean Hideo himself said hey wants that Death Stranding becomes a franchise. It's almost guaranteed that Death Stranding will be a success and sell millions. Last but not least there is Clap Hanz. Guess they are working on another Sony 1st party title, because that's what they always do :P Let's just hope it will be a next-gen Everybody's Tennis. We finally need a fun andgood Tennis game again!

So we have:

- Firesprite (They have two projects. "A multi-million selling Action-RPG. And a new PSVR title." Maybe both are PSVR titles. Maybe both are Sony 1st party titles. You never now. They are ex-Studio Liverpool devs, so the chances are high that those titles are Sony 1st party games.)

Interesting, thanks !
Guess we might get some official announcements at PS Meeting

Oct 27, 2017
Remember that I saw some claimed dualshock 5 images. Probably fake since I loved the design. Well, as long the controller isn't asymetrical is good for me.

PS5-7.jpg

Not bad. I'd actually be happy if the DS5 design is very close to the DS4 with a few tweaks. And much better build quality.

Sony don't do cross gen games

Enhanced I understand, but it won't be a PS5 copy of the gamr

I suspect it'll be 'cross-gen' in the sense that it will be one disc but playable on both platforms (probably with a texture pack DL on PS5?) and it will be marketed as a PS5 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.