• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. I think Death Stranding will give his studio additional clout and he'll start making projects based on available deals plus the occasional Sony one.

I think he will stay partnered with Sony exclusively and eventually they will acquire Kojima Productions. He hasn't gotten his big payout yet and he will likely cash in at some point just like Ted Price did.

I feel like the Decima engine is a big anchor keeping Kojima Productions tied to Sony for the foreseeable future. Kojima Pro has done a lot of working and tweaking on engine to get it working just how they want, collaboration has been so significant they even renamed the engine to reflect the Dutch-Japanese link.

Can't imagine Kojima Productions wanting to disregard all that after just 1 game and start from scratch again especially given how much Kojima disliked when it happened the last time.

He also wants to continue DS after this first game. As long as it doesn't bomb the partnership will probably grow stronger.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
If Fromsoftware, and Sony are working together on a PS5 project they wouldn't even hint at it. Let's hope that a collab is even happening again in the first place!

Bloodborne still the GOAT game this gen, Sony really needs to get another major FROM game!

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
So.. am I the only one who actually likes the design of the PS5 devkit?

G2PPlpU.jpg

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I like it as well. But i'm still amazed that they put that much work into a devkit. They're usually really bland looking. Just big towers that sit around by your desk. The only other PS console devkit that looks unique is the PS2's kit, which looked like a really big PS2.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
If Fromsoftware, and Sony are working together on a PS5 project they wouldn't even hint at it. Let's hope that a collab is even happening again in the first place!

Bloodborne still the GOAT game this gen, Sony really needs to get another major FROM game!
I'm looking forward to some of the reactions here, if we end up getting Deracine 2 before Bloodborne 2 :P

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019

Really inspiring to see a collaborative approach of making games at Sony's first-party studios: PixelOpus x Media Molecule, Guerrilla Games x Kojima Productions and as far as we know the unannounced new studio in San-Diego is working with a major first-party studio on AAA game. Will be interesting to see something like that going into next-gen.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like it as well. But i'm still amazed that they put that much work into a devkit. They're usually really bland looking. Just big towers that sit around by your desk. The only other PS console devkit that looks unique is the PS2's kit, which looked like a really big PS2.

Has to be intentional then
PnDVrE4.png

With a little more refinement in the PS5 devkit, like removing the two big air vents and filling in the middle air intake area, i think it would make a nice looking console.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Has to be intentional then
PnDVrE4.png

With a little more refinement in the PS5 devkit, like removing the two big air vents and filling in the middle air intake area, i think it would make a nice looking console.
PS2 is the ugliest PS console. But probably the best one.

Nah who am I kidding, the best one was the PS3, design and games.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Was this confirmed to be real? I don't understand why it would have pause and fast forward buttons on the front of it like that.
The design was found via a patent and it was confirmed to be the real design of the PS5 dev kit at the very least in the latest Wired article

The overall design is real the buttons and other stuff was added by whoever did the render

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So.. am I the only one who actually likes the design of the PS5 devkit?

G2PPlpU.jpg

To me it's a design abomination lol. It looks like I'd expect some cheap Chinese low budget knock off or toy system to look. One that is made of cheap plastic and largely hollow inside, with the front fascia just a sticker or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.