• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

lol Game Informer. From "Jan-Bart van Beek" to "Jan Barter Bridges". I guess Andrew Rainer is playing too much Death Stranding right now ;D

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
The Order 2 >>>> Any janky JRPG

A fantastic JRPG >>>> The Order 2 >>>> Any janky JRPG

Would legit love a sequel to 1886 though now that the groundwork has been laid down. Yeah the first one was a disappointment, but y'know... potential! The setting was great and that phosphorous gun was ballin'.

That seems to imply Other Ocean will continue collaborating with Sony. Maybe another MediEvil is in the works?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Would legit love a sequel to 1886 though now that the groundwork has been laid down. Yeah the first one was a disappointment, but y'know... potential! The setting was great and that phosphorous gun was ballin'.

It's like I said...if they just made it into, like, Victorian Mass Effect...think of the possibilities.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Hulst's new banner

1500x500ufkmw.jpg

Respect for including Blood & Truth and Astro Bot. :)

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
The way majority of companies are structured these days "Chairman" positions are quickly becoming phased out and extinct. With Sony spinning out this new division with Shu it seems they are diversifying their interests, but since he will be reporting directly to the CEO, it's clear that Jim is consolidating even more power and his position and duties are more important than ever.

Which could easily turn out to be a bad idea and slow down things at SIE. But maybe they already thought everything was slow and wanted to move faster.

either way, I think eventually the decision making will slow down. That's how every major transition goes. Xbox Changed their entire approach in less than a year once Spencer got in then spent3 years delivering it so we'll see how it goes.

I get the point of the streamline and why Chairman don't exist. It's the overall structure change I think could prove a bit more hazardous to manage at the top without the regional heads.

Shu's new position is him being exiled under the Ryan Regime

Nobody has said that at all.

Shu's position being "new" is a bunch of corporate spin though. The list of names that did external development with independent devs and left is long at PlayStation for this generation.

I don't see why he wouldn't be? I mean, Someone has to present these indie games that he handpicked himself.

firmly in the we'll see category on that. PlayStation actively decreased the number of speakers and things spoken about at press conferences a long time ago under different people entirely. So guess we'll see if it changes moving forward.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Couldn't this be GOW related?

The other mythologies were brought up and confirmed to exist in the same universe as Greek/Norse

Um.. it IS How related. Read the quote, look at the picture. It's literally about different mythologies in GoW and now it's Cory's avatar/header.

Deleted member 61179

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
Hey guys! I am the new one here. Was here before some time ago as eternal-pirate.
So excited to play DS in 35 min!
Cant wait to play something different...
Playing finally The Last Guardian lately and what a fresh of a breath air this game is.
An absolut marvel how this game got made.
Gamedesign in its purest form. What a madmen Ueda is.
The thing with DS is that i wouldnt be even mad, if i dont like it so much and drop it for a while even. I think i bought it also because for the ride it provided over the years. From the Moment Kojima walked down the illuminated stairs to this very moment right here... i had so much fun reading all the stuff.
Of course it helps that it got amazing graphics which i am really into...

Bye tue way, maybe this article which i posted in the speculation thread you guys might find interesting https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/sonys-next-move-is-into-augmented-reality-2019-10-24

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
On God of War: I wonder if in the sequel Kratos and Atreus might get their ass handed to them causing them to take refuge in another mythology, sure would be a nice twist and it's important to give your main characters a big fat L every once in a while to make the story believable because a story gets quite hard to enjoy if you just know the protagonists always come out on top regardless of who or what they're up against.

On PSNow and Shu's new position: Anyone else think we might see some indies launch on Now on day 1? Microsoft has done the same with XGP and they and multiple devs who have done some claimed to have seen a significant increase in sales for those games because of it, and it would for sure be a good way to push Now and indies at the same time.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
On PSNow and Shu's new position: Anyone else think we might see some indies launch on Now on day 1? Microsoft has done the same with XGP and they and multiple devs who have done some claimed to have seen a significant increase in sales for those games because of it, and it would for sure be a good way to push Now and indies at the same time.
This would actually be a good idea.

Soulymist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal the first PS5 game at TGA.

TGA viewership has been increasing every year, It would be great place to showcase next gen graphics.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
The showed PS4 games in Feb 2013, so it wouldn't surprise me if we saw some PS5 games here in the next few months.

Although Sony has gone through alot of changes since then, they might want to advertise TLOU2 as the best looking game in the world, showing off a PS5 game might hurt the prestige of their upcoming PS4 games.

Aug 26, 2019
On God of War: I wonder if in the sequel Kratos and Atreus might get their ass handed to them causing them to take refuge in another mythology, sure would be a nice twist and it's important to give your main characters a big fat L every once in a while to make the story believable because a story gets quite hard to enjoy if you just know the protagonists always come out on top regardless of who or what they're up against.
My sequel idea is that the Zeus that Kratos saw in Hel actually was real, and Kratos needs his help and Athena's help to defeat Thor and Odin. The idea comes from the one side quest where the ghost of the dude's father refused to help him.

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Maybe Cory's new IP will exist in the same universe where God of War exists. It may be new character, story, gameplay but the universe is the same. Think about Cory's take on Marvel cinematic universe but about different mythologies (not only about those that actually historically existed). Okay, I'm done with mad and senseless predictions, must have more time for sleep XD

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
This. How can you sacrifice so much in the name of plot only to bungle it up.
I don't really think they did bungle that part, I loved the story and setting and the key characters like Grayson/Galahad. That's why I think a lot of people still think that world has a lot of potential if given a second chance to make a better game. The world was fantastic.

It's like I said...if they just made it into, like, Victorian Mass Effect...think of the possibilities.
That would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.