• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is Cory in charge of 3rd party now?

With Hermen in now in control and IP "The Order" probably going nowhere, I'd really like to see them reviving this project:

Dd5CoReU8AA9IsR

Ready at Dawn is working on an unannounced AAA game BTW.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
with the deletion of "chairman" I am guessing the "head" of WWS is now handling both "president" and "chairman" positions

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I cant wait to see what I think about Death Stranding. It is nuts how divisive this game is. Edge won't review it because they don't even want to play it. Giantbomb gave it a 2/5.

Some people are saying is the best game of the year. 10/10. Gamespot gave it a 9, IGN gave it a 6.8

I honestly am excited to see where I land.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I cant wait to see what I think about Death Stranding. It is nuts how divisive this game is. Edge won't review it because they don't even want to play it. Giantbomb gave it a 2/5.

Some people are saying is the best game of the year. 10/10. Gamespot gave it a 9, IGN gave it a 6.8

I honestly am excited to see what I land.

Yeah, the epitome of hit or miss.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Alright Sony Era! Kojima is one in my gaming heroes, yet, I haven't played a game from him since 08. My game of that year, MGS4. I skipped V because I did not like the stuff I was hearing about it from a storytelling standpoint, I don't care about how great the is gameplay.

When it comes to video games I usually always know if it's a buy or no buy. I don't care about a reviewer's opinion or communities opinion. But this game I just don't know. This is upsetting me greatly (not really lol)

To my cinematic family. Should I return to one of my heroes? Or leave the memories alone. This decision is in your hands 👶🏼

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Alright Sony Era! Kojima is one in my gaming heroes, yet, I haven't played a game from him since 08. My game of that year, MGS4. I skipped V because I did not like the stuff I was hearing about it from a storytelling standpoint, I don't care about how great the is gameplay.

When it comes to video games I usually always know if it's a buy or no buy. I don't care about a reviewer's opinion or communities opinion. But this game I just don't know. This is upsetting me greatly (not really lol)

To my cinematic family. Should I return to one of my heroes? Or leave the memories alone. This decision is in your hands 👶🏼
MGS V was a dud, and Kojima in general has lost his magic touch, as evidenced by DS's critical reception.

Let memories remain as such~~~

If you want a good cinematic experience, try Cold Steel 3.

:V

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018

I honestly am excited to see where I land.

Wait..edge wont review DS?

Why?

Deleted member 61179

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2019

Graphics, Sound and cinematography are outstanding. No video will do it justice to actually play this game. The feeling of movement is so vastly different.
No regrets so far

Oct 25, 2017
Wrong thread, bro :P But yeah, guess it will be one of those games that will be shown during a next-gen console reveal. PS Meeting or whatever XB will do.
Lol, I don't want to bump that Harry Potter thread where people expect some news only to be disappointed. I do hope we get an announcement at the PS Meeting or E3.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Anyone else think we might see some indies launch on Now on day 1?

Probably as it would improve distribution and visibility for those partnerships.

Two things hard to do in the current store environment due to volume of content and organization.

with the deletion of "chairman" I am guessing the "head" of WWS is now handling both "president" and "chairman" positions

Once upon a time, Chairman oversaw all First Party Publishing Operations and Sales/Marketing. Shawn was both President of SCE America (Sales & Marketing) and Chairman of WWS.

With the shift to a centralized global sales and marketing operation, all Sales & Marketing moved under Deputy President Jim Ryan back in April of 2018. You can see Shawn explain that shift at around 29 minutes here. The early parts of the outline of their central globalized plan starting. (Funny when you consider Shawn has been blamed for the SIE marketing approach of 2019 and Jim is the shot caller on marketing spend globally)

It sounds like Shu's role will encompass external relationships with independent studios. Will this be inclusive of publishing arrangements like those with Supermassive, Housemarque, and others? If so, then Shu reports to Jim Ryan and this would mean that function would no longer be entirely presided over by Head of WWS.

These were relationships discussed as being overseen by Shawn during the GameLab 2018 interview at around that same 30-33 minute time frame.

Edge will still have 4 pages preview to tell how much the reviewer hated the 40 hours he played of Death Stranding, it's just that there will be no review score for Death Stranding

lmao... that's amazing

Oct 27, 2017
The ratio of you asking to people shutting you up is like 1000:1. So yeah I believe its fine right now.

Dude, I know you're on a ban now but just stop engaging with PS and put them on ignore.

Franchises pivot all the time. Devil May Cry and Zelda both could have been doomed after the 2nd one, but they put the work in to salvage the franchises. Resident Evil could have been doomed after 6, but look where we're at now.

You're being more pessimistic than reality calls for, I don't know why you have such beef with a relatively innocuous game/potential sequel

Can you name me a recent series that had a really poor start but got a sequel that was much better and turned out to be a big success? I honestly can't think of any. I think in the age of social media and YouTube games really get taken apart for doing very little wrong so it's difficult to recover from a disastrous first effort.

The Order was doomed when the team admitted that the story was the most important aspect to them but still ended up creating a terrible story.

Yeah, the story was awful and so predictable and cliched. And it ended just as it started getting good; it felt like the prologue to something much more interesting.

I think it's best to assume that anything running on Decima has a chance of showing up on PC at some point.

I would love to see Until Dawn be ported. Could be a good lead-in to a sequel!

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I'm curious how Hermen will do his job. If we assume, his idea was to build up a whole new RPG-IP with AAA-Budget and ~6 years development time, which is risky af, I hope he will greenlit more risky projects

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
So reading through the DS OT (i held off on the game because of lack time currently), seems like the vast majority of players genuinely really like the game, the first 10 hours are supposed to be the worst part of the game, and so far i see a ton of praise.

same thing on twitter going through #deathstranding

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

So reading through the DS OT (i held off on the game because of lack time currently), seems like the vast majority of players genuinely really like the game, the first 10 hours are supposed to be the worst part of the game, and so far i see a ton of praise.

A game with an average review score of 80+ is good? I'm shocked :P

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

If the users impressions are great I will probably pick it up very soon. Might be another Days Gone situation although DS obviously scored much higher.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
I'm curious how Hermen will do his job. If we assume, his idea was to build up a whole new RPG-IP with AAA-Budget and ~6 years development time, which is risky af, I hope he will greenlit more risky projects
I mean he was the vice president of WWS for eight years. So I don't see any massive shifts in WWS policy.

Oct 27, 2017

lol Game Informer. From "Jan-Bart van Beek" to "Jan Barter Bridges". I guess Andrew Rainer is playing too much Death Stranding right now ;D

Lol. It's because he changed his name to that on Twitter, and the writer probably didn't look any further than his Twitter handle to get his real name!

With Hermen in now in control and IP "The Order" probably going nowhere, I'd really like to see them reviving this project:

Yeah, from the concept art it looked really interesting - a hard-boiled detective fighting against supernatural creatures. Would love to see them revive it too. Especially if they went with a characterised art style liked from Dishonored.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017

I'm only five hours in for the moment and yeah I really liked it though BT scares the shit out of me. getting caught is way scarier than in MGS for sure.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
That's cool. I expect that studio will help with projects Yoshida might engage with from local developers.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation should open new studio in Poland. There's a lot of talented developers, so finding right people wouldn't be hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.