• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
What's this.....Days Gone winning awards now,I thought it was just some 7/10 zombie game,lol.
Looking forward to playing it after Death Stranding.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
What's this.....Days Gone winning awards now,I thought it was just some 7/10 zombie game,lol.
Looking forward to playing it after Death Stranding.
You will enjoy it, the game is real fun

Cross posting but I did my part guys :D
1573209769-ll.jpeg

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Things feel more interesting now after Jim takes over. Lots of exciting new development, things are moving quickly in preparation of PS5. I'm getting really hyped for the eventual PS5 reveal.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Is that theme still available in the store?
Looks gorgeous.
Yo dude where did you get that PS4 theme? It's legit. It seems to be missing Kat though?
It's the "International Women's Day 2019" PS4 theme
Kat is here, she is hidden behind Fortnite and my EA Access folder ;)

Link to UK store : https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA01501_00-INTWOMENSDAY2019
(we had it in Europe, not sure US Store ever released it)

Oct 31, 2017
It's the "International Women's Day 2019" PS4 theme
Kat is here, she is hidden behind Fortnite and my EA Access folder ;)

Link to UK store : https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA01501_00-INTWOMENSDAY2019
(we had it in Europe, not sure US Store ever released it)

I have that one even though I live in the US.

The best way to work around it for my fellow Americans: make a separate account that's in the EU region, download it onto your PS4 with that account, than switch to your main account. It'll be available to you. I'm pretty sure this is exactly what I did.

Last edited:

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

I really had no idea that MediEvil was that popular in Europe. But it's once again a great example of the nostalgia a lot of Sony's older IP's have with gamers. One thing I hope Sony does more with the PS5 is lean into that. A lot of people grew up on Playstation. So they're nostalgic for those franchises that they were playing when they were kids.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I was talking to some friends about this whole GG/Kojima/Decima Engine/Exclusivity situation and at some point was brought up into the conversation : what if Sony wants to make Decima a comercial engine ?
Is there any chances ?
I mean I know that Kojima had a lot of help from GG but it´s important to note that KojiPro is not the first 3P studio to put their hands into Decima Engine, we already had Supermassive working with it too.
This could give them a very good upper hand when it comes to closing exclusivity/console exclusivity with 3P medium/smaller sized studios by giving the tools and support of Decima Engine.
What do you guys think ?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I was talking to some friends about this whole GG/Kojima/Decima Engine/Exclusivity situation and at some point was brought up into the conversation : what if Sony wants to make Decima a comercial engine ?
Is there any chances ?
I mean I know that Kojima had a lot of help from GG but it´s important to note that KojiPro is not the first 3P studio to put their hands into Decima Engine, we already had Supermassive working with it too.
This could give them a very good upper hand when it comes to closing exclusivity/console exclusivity with 3P medium/smaller sized studios by giving the tools and support of Decima Engine.
What do you guys think ?

In the case of Supermassive, while Until Dawn is a Decima game, once they went multiplatform they started using UE4. That's what The Dark Pictures runs on. The thing with making something into a commercial engine is that a lot of documentation is needed to get developers off and running. That's the reason why UE4 took off with Japanese developers, while UE3 was a struggle. So even aside from whether Sony would want one of their engines running on another console (I really don't think they would), there's the issue of just how much time and resources it would take for Guerrilla to get the engine to a place where it can be ported around easily.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
In the case of Supermassive, while Until Dawn is a Decima game, once they went multiplatform they started using UE4. That's what The Dark Pictures runs on. The thing with making something into a commercial engine is that a lot of documentation is needed to get developers off and running. That's the reason why UE4 took off with Japanese developers, while UE3 was a struggle. So even aside from whether Sony would want one of their engines running on another console (I really don't think they would), there's the issue of just how much time and resources it would take for Guerrilla to get the engine to a place where it can be ported around easily.

Yep, I know.
But that´s why I talked about exclusives/console exclusives.
I don´t see Sony giving support to any other plataforms.
But from a medium/small size studio I imagine, I may be completely wrong cuz I have no idea tbh, the perspective of getting access to a great engine and access to a huge userbase ( PS4 + PC ) could be something good. (?)
I would thought that the documentation part is something already in the work based on the fact that two external studios already worked with the engine, but again I have no idea what I´m talking about lol

Status
Not open for further replies.