• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
So on the Bluepoint PS5 game.... The article is a whole ass reach, but damn... We can not go a week without news of multiple game delays, people leaving SIE, Kojima drama, Barlog speculation, executive shake ups, review thread meltdowns... Can't wait for PS5 news cycle to ramp up honestly

Last edited:

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
So on the Bluepoint PS5 game.... The article is a whole ass reach, but damn... We can not go a week without news of multiple game delays, Kojima drama, Barlog speculation, executive shake ups, review thread meltdowns... Can't wait for PS5 news cycle to ramp up honestly

Gives you something to think about while you're walking in Death Stranding

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
... Honestly, just give me better traversal (free climbing plz), different melee weapons, and vastly improved human fights and i'm all good with HZD2

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Played 9 hours DS. It's incredible in its own way. I was never intrigued in such an empty world. First 60 minutes are insane and show what a fucking Mastermind Kojima really is. Then you have to be so much patient. But somehow the gameplay is satisfying. Kojima added very interesting features like the social part whick makes so much sense and fits perfectly.

I'm amazed how good the visuals are. Just imagine horizon 2 on PS5...
Yeah, this gonna be very good.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
7 hours in and I like it a lot !

And it could be a big launch for Death Stranding, can't wait to see NPD report to know if it will have legs outside launch !

do GameStops carry a large quantity of extra copies or do they mostly get Pre orders plus a few extras for walk ins? I feel like they wouldn't want to have a large stock that they might not sell.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
do GameStops carry a large quantity of extra copies or do they mostly get Pre orders plus a few extras for walk ins? I feel like they wouldn't want to have a large stock that they might not sell.

DS has been one of the most hyped games of the year. It wouldn't make sense for them not to have a good amount of stock outside of pre-orders.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Well, if the next BluePoint game is really a multiplat. one, I don't see them wanting to join WWS in the near future.
It's not, Jason Schreier has already pointed out why you shouldn't read into their job postings and someone else pointed out how their job postings are just lazy copy and pasted from previous ones. They currently have one for a Senior Graphics Engineer which requires you to have shipped a successful Xbox360/PS3 game lmao.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm regretting cancelling my DS pre-order now. Should have not let some negative reviews dissuade me.
Yep, never do that. Some reviews are good if you want to know if a game is technically broken (bugs and glitches everywhere, framerate issues, etc.). But canceling an order because some random dude doesn't like the game? Yeah, no. Imo you should know better than anyone else what you like and what you don't like.
People often forget that reviews are just opinions of random dudes who played a game. Those opinions aren't better than your opinion. As many have already said, Metacritic/Opencritic was a mistake.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Never played Medievil until PS4 version, and honestly like the charms of it.

Sir Dan is hilarious sometimes, but if one flaw I could point was there seems to be no hit-stop from the enemies when you attack them?

I know this remake probably as close to the original as possible, but honestly not fond when they just still keep charging at you when attacking them...

Oct 25, 2017
Never played Medievil until PS4 version, and honestly like the charms of it.

Sir Dan is hilarious sometimes, but if one flaw I could point was there seems to be no hit-stop from the enemies when you attack them?

I know this remake probably as close to the original as possible, but honestly not fond when they just still keep charging at you when attacking them...
Yeah, that is definitely one of the biggest flaws of the game. I am glad you like Sir Dan though!

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
Played 9 hours DS. It's incredible in its own way. I was never intrigued in such an empty world. First 60 minutes are insane and show what a fucking Mastermind Kojima really is. Then you have to be so much patient. But somehow the gameplay is satisfying. Kojima added very interesting features like the social part whick makes so much sense and fits perfectly.

I'm amazed how good the visuals are. Just imagine horizon 2 on PS5...
Yeah, this gonna be very good.

Played/saw 3 hours and it is at the moment great. I love how you can plan your route, but on the tour you have to be aware of your surroundings, how the terrain changes and which route you choose. Coupled with your weight distribution and packages and movement momentum the game grabs me and do not let me go.

But I can see that it is not for everyone. You need patience and there is no traditional 30 seconds loop of fun shooting things gameplay.

Controlling the camera in a cutscene from the beginning was somewhat crazy for me.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I just bought Death Stranding (planned to buy it later because of lack of time but i caved due to the hype in OT)

This game looks SO GOOD, WOW

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I'm regretting cancelling my DS pre-order now. Should have not let some negative reviews dissuade me.
I'll say this....it's the greatest first impresssion a game has ever left on me,I only played a few hours last night but the game instantly got me invested in a crazy sci-fi world....and the visuals....good lord,my mouth was left agape for the first sequence,lol.(Not hyperbole,the game looks stunning,on base PS4 by the way).
It could all turn to shit in the next 50hrs I guess but I cannot wait to play again later.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say this....it's the greatest first impresssion a game has ever left on me,I only played a few hours last night but the game instantly got me invested in a crazy sci-fi world....and the visuals....good lord,my mouth was left agape for the first sequence,lol.(Not hyperbole,the game looks stunning,on base PS4 by the way).
It could all turn to shit in the next 50hrs I guess but I cannot wait to play again later.
I have the same experience from yesterday. I was immediately pulled in by the world building. Writing is what it is but whatever, the rest is great. Gonna start playing some more now.

Oct 27, 2017

I hope they make more dumb gifs. I love it so much; especially the one with the group of black kids going crazy and they've done it with the GoW cast! Or Kratos throwing his PC in the dumpster.

reading all of the positive ompressions in the OT is making me buckle. I'm sure this game Isn't for me but now....🤔

Yeah, I'm similar. I don't have the money for a new game right now but I was looking at my physical disc collection last night to see what I could trade in. Think I'm waving goodbye to Monster Hunter World...

Oct 25, 2017

I'm getting very tempted to order another copy now. I'll give it the weekend to see if the good vibes hold up.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
DS screams gamefly for me. There's huge red flags all over the place for me but i really like the visuals and the crazy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.