• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2019
reading all of the positive ompressions in the OT is making me buckle. I'm sure this game Isn't for me but now....🤔
Same. I was watching reviews and Gamespot tips yesterday and the videos were starting to sway me into getting a copy. The graphics are amazing and it looks like KojiPro built and interesting and calming game.

Aug 26, 2019
So now that Death Stranding is out the door, does Sony:

a. Continue the marketing for TLOU2
b. Start the marketing for GoT
c. Continue the for PS5

?

I gotta think PS5 is the next thing, followed by TLOU2 and then finally GoT.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Arrival was such a good movie. If you liked it...watch Annihilation. It's a bit "weirder" but still really good.

Both sit on my Vudu as my most watched movies of the last few years (I watch them usually as background noise or to go to sleep). Give me all your weird Sci-Fi with excellent orchestral/synth soundtracks!

Nov 8, 2017
Yep, never do that. Some reviews are good if you want to know if a game is technically broken (bugs and glitches everywhere, framerate issues, etc.). But canceling an order because some random dude doesn't like the game? Yeah, no. Imo you should know better than anyone else what you like and what you don't like.
People often forget that reviews are just opinions of random dudes who played a game. Those opinions aren't better than your opinion.
Preach brother! I would never let reviewers who have time and time again demonstrated that they don't know shit when it comes to how much I'm going to enjoy a game stop me from picking up a game I was interested in. If a game appeals to me then I'm going to pick it up. Period. I've ended up loving some fairly low scored games, especially this gen and I'm glad I don't care what they have to say anymore.

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
Has there been anything regarding SIE Manchester's VR game? Assuming PS5 VR at this point?

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Has there been anything regarding SIE Manchester's VR game? Assuming PS5 VR at this point?

I said this before so sorry to be repetitive : but it's crazy to me that people are really expecting to see PS5 exclusive VR games any time soon.
About Manchester : London is helping them with their first title , my guess is that we could see something about it soon for both PS4 and PS5. With the PS5 version looking way superior.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding is a special one of a kind experience. I'm really happy a game like this exists in this day, and age in the AAA space. Kojima had huge guts doing this. He had a clear vision and it really shows even outside of the game. To develop a game like this in the span of 3-4 years with a 100 man team is nothing short of impressive.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Death Stranding is a special one of a kind experience. I'm really happy a game like this exists in this day, and age in the AAA space. Kojima had huge guts doing this. He had a clear vision and it really shows even outside of the game. To develop a game like this in the span of 3-4 years with a 100 man team is nothing short of impressive.

Actually, 100 KojiPro devs + 70 GG devs + devs from Insomniac and Bend.

100 people is really low number for an AAA open world game, he's got a lot of help from Sony WWS.

Nov 8, 2017
Well the Playstation web based store has finally updated their Top Games list after it stopped updating nearly a year ago. I'll be interested to see if this update now stays the same for another year or if it actually updates regularly. I wonder why they just left it broken for so long. Perhaps I'm one of the few who buys most of their games from a computer so they just don't care.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Part II's ESRB rating

the-last-of-us-part-i2jk2a.jpg

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Preach brother! I would never let reviewers who have time and time again demonstrated that they don't know shit when it comes to how much I'm going to enjoy a game stop me from picking up a game I was interested in. If a game appeals to me then I'm going to pick it up. Period. I've ended up loving some fairly low scored games, especially this gen and I'm glad I don't care what they have to say anymore.
giphyeckni.gif

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
reading all of the positive ompressions in the OT is making me buckle. I'm sure this game Isn't for me but now....🤔
Same. I was watching reviews and Gamespot tips yesterday and the videos were starting to sway me into getting a copy. The graphics are amazing and it looks like KojiPro built and interesting and calming game.

It's a game that really makes you think. My most hyped game is Respawn's Star Wars but I figure I might have to cancel that order because I'm really engrossed by DS. That rare gaming phenomenon where you find yourself thinking about a game when you're not playing it...

That's what Death Stranding is.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

source.gif

Oct 25, 2017

Granted I'm only just getting to chapter 3 in Death Stranding but here's how I would convey the game to someone:

I've beaten over 50 games this year. Zombie killing, god killing, samurai killing, etc I've done the whole nine yards in games this year. And yet, I think, pound for pound, the act of traversal in Death Stranding is the one most satisfying things I've done in games all year.

This game has even made the simple act of putting down a ladder so immensely satisfying, especially that realization that other players are using the tools that you've put down in their journey.

I spent all morning in DS just making pathways and building bridges for other folks. It is, so far, am incredible game.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Im really early into DS at the moment but I'm already sold on its traversal. Its just so fun and relaxing. The music picked is great, graphically the Decima engine has done it again (cannot wait to see what it does with PS5) and its just a weird Kojima game that keeps pulling me in. I just finished Shenmue yesterday and I get a couple of similar vibes from this (the focus on exploration above all else). I can totally see how one would not enjoy it though.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I'm regretting cancelling my DS pre-order now. Should have not let some negative reviews dissuade me.

You guys fucked up! Things like this is why reviews don't mean shit to me.

nier.png
EEShfWhX4AEZIkV.jpg

Also, 45-50 of those Death Stranding reviews are 9's, 9.5's, and 10's

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
What do you think about the multiplayer game in tlou universe, which was already confirmed ?
Is it going to be f2p / ps5 exclusive ?

Status
Not open for further replies.